How to Change a Clickbank Hoplink

Discussion in 'General Advice' started by jhoecannon, Feb 17, 2010.

1. jhoecannon

jhoecannon New Member

I have found a search engine other than Google to advertise on, but I have a problem, First of all, I want to direct link to a Clickbank product. But, to put an ad on this search engine, the destination url must have "http://www." in it. Obviously, Clickbank hoplinks don't have this.

Does anybody know how to get around this?

2. onera

onera New Member

Use an url shortener or your own framed page. You can also use 301 redirect using your registrar, or url forwarding (same as framed page). Lots of option exists.

3. Matt Zenittini

Matt Zenittini Silver Member

You can buy a domain name and forward it to the clickbank page.

It also makes it so people don't steal your clickbank commissions

Matt

4. mountainmom5

mountainmom5 Gold Member

or use tinyurl.com

5. talfighel

talfighel Silver Member

I think that you should register your own domain name. A good company to do that with is Godaddy.com.

If you are thinking about LONG term internet success, then get your own domain name. It looks more professional.

Tal

6. At Godaddy.com you can pick up .info domain names
    for $.89.

Then simply re-direct to your clickbank url on the Godaddy site.

Barb

7. jhoecannon

jhoecannon New Member

Thanks to all for your input.

I did buy a GoDaddy url and I did forward that to my Clickbank hoplink. That does work!

Using a url shortner such as tinyurl, shorturl, or bit.ly does not work. The url you get does not have "www." in front of it.

Once again, thanks![​IMG]

8. Your success begins with a good domain name, one that is generic to your product or service is best, and always go with .com, not .ws or the others like info, biz, net, whatever, you will never get indexed in search engines if you do. Just do a search of keywords related to your clickbank promotion and see if even one domain comes up other than .com.

So many people are now wise to clickbank that you will find most people who may be interested in your promoted product or service will simply register with clickbank, if not already a member, and simply ad their ID to web address and get paid for their own purchases, so hiding your clickbank address helps, but when you come write down to it, even when you forward your url to a clickbank address, it is seen immediately, and millions are just adding their user ID at end address wasting your money you used to promote on PPC as example. It is all over for PPC, just a matter of time as most know how to rip off your clickbank commissions now.

Success to all,