How to de-promote a product in Clickbank

Discussion in 'Profit Lance' started by showmestate, Jan 31, 2009.

1. showmestate

showmestate New Member

Hi All,

If ever I wanted to stop promoting a product in Clickbank, how can that be done? Do you just stop promoting (even though it will show in Clickbank and to the Publisher)?
    I'm unable to find a place where you could remove a hoplink for a product.

showmestate
  2. getagrip

getagrip Gold Member

Are you referring to your own product in the Clickbank marketplace or someone else's product?
  3. showmestate

showmestate New Member

Someone else's product. I'm an Affiliate.
  4. Newbie Shield

Newbie Shield Gold Member

Hi Show,

I'm not sure if I understand what you want. Let me offer up some advice and maybe I'll answer your question in the process of discussing it.

If you don't want specific affiliate links on your site, just delete them and stop promoting the product. You might even go as far as editing out all information about it on your site - perhaps even going as far as deleting a page or two.

If you don't want communication from an affiliate partnership, then either unsubscribe from their list or block their email addy.

If you're having trouble in the CB back end, just read their help files and/or contact CB with your question. Here's a good starting point on the CB site:

http://www.clickbank.com/customer_service.html

Hope I addressed and solved the mystery :)

~Newbie Shield~
  5. showmestate

showmestate New Member

Hi Newbie,

Here's a scenario of what I'm talking about. Let's say in Clickbank, I accidentally selected a wrong product to promote, I wanted to promote the one underneath. Now, in Clickbank I have two hoplinks to two similar products when I only want to promote the one. I'm trying to figure out how to reverse this, or is it just as simple as not promoting the one that was accidentally selected.

Thanks

showmestate
  6. getagrip

getagrip Gold Member

All you have to do is not promote the one that was accidentally selected.
  7. showmestate

showmestate New Member

Okay thanks.