How to deal with stress in 7 sec!

Discussion in 'Stress Management' started by Vishal P. Rao, Nov 1, 2008.

1. Vishal P. Rao

Vishal P. Rao Administrator Staff Member

2. mountainmom5

mountainmom5 Gold Member

oh-oh-oh - I need to go read that today. It's Monday....[​IMG]

3. mountainmom5

mountainmom5 Gold Member

Vishal - you just changed my day with that article. I am hoping it will bless many others as well...

Ya gotta go read it folks - this one is well worth the couple minutes it takes to click on it and read it - [​IMG]

4. Newbie Shield

Newbie Shield Gold Member

Hi Vishal (and Mountain),

Useful article. You've also been posting some interesting things over on your Stress forum at:

http://www.stressmanagementforum.com/

I've enjoyed dropping by there a few times a week over the last month or so.

~Newbie Shield~

5. Vishal P. Rao

I'm glad you liked it Viola [​IMG] It really does work.

Thanks NS! Even though the forum is ranking in top 3 for "stress forum", I'm not seeing as many visitors as expected. May be people aren't stressed at all [​IMG]

6. getagrip

getagrip Gold Member

And the best way to create stress is to FROWN [​IMG] so as Vishal said, SMILE! [​IMG]

7. HarrisonL

HarrisonL New Member

One of the best way to deal with stress is overcome it and face it.

We have stress only if we want to do something that we know is beyond our ability or we are trying to avoid it. But if we face and handle our problem bravely, there are no stress for you after that. This is the miracle of life that I found

8. mountainmom5

mountainmom5 Gold Member

Vishal P. Rao: May be people aren't stressed at all

...they are - they just don't own up to it - lol[​IMG]

9. BlueIce

BlueIce New Member

Good article, definately could work

10. Newbie Shield

Newbie Shield Gold Member

Hi Vishal,

I'm a little hesitant to comment on how you might improve your other forum since you've done so well with this one and you're obviously quite good at it. I've decided to comment strictly based on the fact that you stated you aren't getting the traffic you expected.

But I can ramble on a bit and you can sift through my comments for a grain or two edible info [​IMG]

Your site is perfectly optimized for the phrase "stress management forum". Even so, you've done very well in the SERPs for "stress forum", my compliments.

Even if you get to the top spot for "stress forum", you won't see much SE traffic for that phrase. While there is demand, it's minimal. That could change in the future. Nothing is set in stone so perhaps demand will pick up. I know that the stress market will [​IMG]

You are also reasonably optimized for "stress management". There is a big demand for that phrase. Bad news is it's unbelievably competitive as I'm sure you've noticed.

But you've done so well with the "work at home forum" phrase on this site, you might do almost as well with "stress management" in the long run - two to three years from now perhaps. That's the phrase that will send a ton of SE traffic if you can capture one of the top spots on Google.

For the "stress forum" phrase, you'll have to shoot for branding and manually driving traffic for a while. You'll also have to ensure that sub-forums and threads draw organic traffic.

Good news is you'll get more than one unique each day from your broad match from Google SE and perhaps one or two visitors a week from phrase and exact.

Bad news is the majority of the said traffic won't be very targeted so you'll suffer on conversions (forum sign-ups) from your organic Google visitors. Stickiness will also be a problem. Not sure how well you will do with Adsense but I wish you the best.

That said, you'll cash in big time on all fronts once you are able to rank well on Google for "stress management". I'm sure that you've had that in mind. If you can pull that one off, you'll get a heck of a lot more traffic there than you've ever received on this forum. By "rank well" I mean consistently in the top three and preferably in the top two slots.

As soon as that phrase or phrases on your sub folders kick in, I think you'll be reasonably stress-free [​IMG]

Let me know if you want to talk about it via PM. I'd be happy to toss a few ideas back and forth.

~Newbie Shield~

11. Vishal P. Rao

Newbie Shield: I'm a little hesitant to comment on how you might improve your other forum since you've done so well with this one and you're obviously quite good at it.

You shouldn't be! I'm all open to them and I really am not that good at it.

Actually I really hadn't thought much about targeting Stress Management phrase. From my experience with this forum and other sites, I have seen that the amount of traffic and profit you get from targeting long-tail keywords far surpass that from any single keyword. And luckily it happens without much effort in forums, of course after the initial slog [​IMG]

12. djimelee

djimelee New Member

Then I better check this out..thanks

13. jimmyk007

jimmyk007 New Member

I guess this one wont apply to those who are stressed out of reading a lot. [​IMG]

But seriously, I think everyone needs to read this one right now or ASAP. Everyone seems to be stressed ut during these times of crisis.

[Link removed - Admin]

14. mommy0826

mommy0826 New Member

Your article made me SMILE! and the thought of myself smiling in front of the mirror made me smile even more! Wow, it works!

15. Vishal P. Rao

Yes, smile does work amazingly well [​IMG]

16. weblearner

weblearner New Member

"smile (1 sec), take a slow deep breath (3 sec) and exhale slowly (3 sec)"---- ohh very funny..... so sweet...

thanks

17. KellT

KellT New Member

Thanks for the 7 second tip. Smiling makes such a difference - and as Paul Ekman (an expert on faces) says, the type of face we pull can have a significant effect on our internal chemistry. So keep on smiling[​IMG]

18. kennethemery

kennethemery New Member

Great article! I really appreciate you putting that together. I feel better already [​IMG]

19. drewgrantt

drewgrantt New Member

Well written Article...I am working as PHP developer so i am not able to manage with my stress. This kinda article help me to avoid stress. thanks...it's really appreciable.

20. MartinJames

MartinJames New Member

This article really got good information about dealing with stress. thanks 7 second really helps