how to firm up flabby arms

Discussion in 'Health' started by karrydee, Oct 27, 2010.

1. karrydee

karrydee New Member

there was a time when i gained weight because of health issues. but through healthy eating, i lost weight.

my problem now is my flabby arms. i hope some of you can share tips about what to do with this. some exercises maybe?

thanks.

2. getagrip

getagrip Gold Member

Get a pair of dumbells and start doing different arm exersizes with 12 to 15 reps. Type this phrase into Google and you will get some good ideas for exercise routines:

arm exercise routines for women

3. candy3

candy3 New Member

Isometric exercises are really good too. One of the keys to having good success with them is to really focus on the muscle you are trying to firm and breath correctly - you should be able to find them on google as well. Also, dumbells are great but if you can't afford to run out and buy them right now you can use household items too - like laundry detergent bottles with handles, etc.

4. mrbillydee

mrbillydee New Member

Like said above, try 12-15 reps on exercises. All I do when I want to focus on a particular body part when working out, I do whatever motion will contract that muscle or muscle group, then try to mimic the motion it took to make that contraction, while using weight.

If you don't have access to a gym, or equipment, youcan use household items like mentioned above, or you can use your bodyweight. Push ups, pull ups are great, time proven exercises. Also try some dips. You can use the edge of a bench or sofa to do these. Tricep kickbacks are also great for this.

For toneing, you want to keep the reps high. Lower the reps and increase weight if you want to build muscle mass and increase strength.

Hope this helps.

5. faye

faye New Member

Tennis/badminton/squash, rock climbing/bouldering. Or swimming. They make your arms nice and tone! And they are not as boring as reps. Aaaand you get to do them with someone else.

[​IMG]