How To Generate Leads For Your MLM Business Via YouTube

Discussion in 'Network/Multi-level Marketing' started by gjohansson1, Nov 21, 2010.

1. gjohansson1

gjohansson1 New Member

This is a very simple technique that anyone can do. It
    definitely does work, as I am still getting leads and I haven't
    made a video in a while. There are a few steps you need to
    follow to maximize your efforts.

Step 1. Record a video.

For best results, record your video outside, unless you have
    quality lighting and equipment. Use a tripod if possible and
    make sure you have a good distance between you and the camera.

Get yourself pumped up to do the video. Run around if you have
    to and get your blood flowing. Boring videos are... well...
    boring. Also, be sure to have a call to action such as telling
    them to check out your website.

Step 2. Upload it to YouTube.

There are a few key points to this feat. You need an attention
    grabbing title. Google 'great headlines' for some ideas. Make
    sure you are putting your link to your website, capture page, or
    blog as the first thing in your video's description.

Then you want to give a quality description, either short or
    long, whichever works for you. Use the same keyword in your
    title, description, and for the tags. Remember to tag your own
    name in case people search for you!

Step 3. Promote your video.

Every time I make a video, I promote it on Facebook, Twitter,
    and to my email list. I also recommend promoting it to any
    friends you have on YouTube. The more people that see the video,
    the more people that will potentially view your website.

I actually had a 65% click through rate on one of my videos,
    which is ridiculous. Even though I only had about 40 views, I
    got 26 visitors and 8 leads from that one video.

See how powerful that can be?

Step 4. Repeat.

Make this a habit and you will be sure to generate leads for
    your business. Like I said before, I am still generating leads
    from YouTube even though I haven't made a video in a while.
    Establish yourself on YouTube and you could have better results
    than I did!

There are some advanced steps you can take, but that is for
    those who fully understand how to market on YouTube already. [​IMG]
  2. FreeCashMan

FreeCashMan Active Member

Promoting your video is the key thing here.

While your keyword title is important, many people think posting a video automatically equals hits. Sorry!

You've got to promote it and the hits will come, then the leads will come from the views.

Think of your video as your marketing capture page (or put it on a marketing capture page). You can direct link to it in your marketing for people to see.

Using video in marketing is very very important. There was a Harvard Business School study that determined that people retain 70% of what they hear and see. This can explain why the video internet craze is thriving like it is.

Success can be as simple a directing people to a video(s), to watch at their convenience, to fully understand what you are presenting to help them in what they are looking for.

Online videos have help make home business network marketing simple for others to duplicate and succeed without having to explain themselves.

Technology is making network marketing success for people so much simpler to obtain than in the past.
  3. Just2EZ

Just2EZ Moderator

Embedding your YouTube videos in your website keeps visitors longer.
    If you have a catchy enough video others will embed it in their sites also.
    The viral nature of allowing your YouTube video to be embedded is the best part.
    Be sure to include YOUR URL visibly so they can find you even without a link.
  4. stevewar

stevewar New Member

There is a great tool you can use to help promote your online videos, called TubeMogul. TubeMogul is a video syndication tool that will post your uploaded video to the major video distribution sites such as Youtube, Vimeo, etc. They also have some really great analytics you can use to track your videos.
  5. JanHickling

JanHickling New Member

I use Pixel Pipe to upload my video's - It takes a bit to set it up - Logging into a bunch of different sites but it is worth the time and effort. I love video - It really feeds my big ego [​IMG]
    Jan
  6. JanHickling

JanHickling New Member

gjohansson1
    THis is a very well written extremely useful post - Thanks I am copying to I can remember your sequence
    Jan
  7. Jose Roman

Jose Roman New Member

gjohansson1

Nice! Don't forget not to make them too long either! I think 2-3 minutes is good. There is also software out there that will help you spread the video too.
  8. DeanB

DeanB New Member

Hey guys,

Awsome post just a question do you guys lead with your opportunity or product/service
  9. Jose Roman

Jose Roman New Member

DeanB
    Not suppose to. You should probably provide some sort of tip, marketing related, a how-to or some information that would get them interested in subscribing either to your YouTube, blog etc....definitely point them to your landing page.
  10. kailo

kailo New Member

I have to feel more comfortable about posting videos. This is easier said than done for me.
  11. gjohansson1

gjohansson1 New Member

Ah, jeez I can't believe I didn't get notifications of this topic! I appreciate all your replies! Video has continued to be very powerful for me to this day.

One secret I have picked up since my last post is to join the community. Add friends in your industry and comment on their videos. Eventually you will be able to grow your OWN community and your own following on top of what will naturally grow from keyword targeted videos.

Oh and unless you strongly focus on other video sites, its nearly a waste of time, unless you know something I dont. 98% of my video traffic is from YouTube, and I have about 15 videos out there on 12 other networks... EACH. In my opinion, those video syndication services are only worth the backlinks if you are deeplinking to a website or blog.

2-3 minutes is a good length for sure! I agree to that.

Also, I never really promote my main deal on video, but I did once and got a few signups [​IMG] BUT I also have over 1,000 friends and 130 subscribers that I worked hard to connect with.

Lastly, the easiest way to get comfortable about making videos is just by doing it. I STILL will find any excuse not to make a video and write an article instead, but I just get a much better response over video. When I realize that, I make a video right away. You will get comfortable over time. Flick on the camera and start sharing valuable tips and info!

Thanks again,
    -Gabriel
  12. SoMuchEnergy

SoMuchEnergy New Member

I definitely plan on doing the video thing. It sounds like a powerful tool and I definitely don't want to pass it up! I am currently in the process of trying to find and possibly dig out my camera so I can do this. Love the name Gabriel. Actually, loved it so much, that is what I named my son. lol.
  13. BobKononiuk

BobKononiuk New Member

Thanks for the tips!! This is one avenue I have been thinking a lot about lately. Just haven't taken the plunge yet.

Looks like a good time to do it[​IMG]