How To Get A YouTube Video On The 1st Page of Google!

Discussion in 'Website Promotion' started by Maurice6303, Sep 6, 2013.

1. Maurice6303

Maurice6303 New Member

Hi Guys,

Earlier I promised to post my strategy of , how I got my YouTube video on the first page of google.
    I was able to do this in just 3 days! I know you guys don't want to read a long post, so here it goes.

Here are the basic steps you need to do.

1. Make your video file name equal keyword
    -Ex. howtotrainyourdog.mp3 - keyword "how to train your dog"

2. Have your keyword or keyword phrase in the title
    -Ex. "How to Train Your Dog to Stop Barking"

3. Write a short paragraph in the description box related to your keyword.
    -Have keyword at beginning and end of your paragraph. Also put keywords
    in the paragraph.

4. Make an annotation in the video with your keyword.

5. Add your keywords in the tags

I have had great success with this. Depending how much competition the keyword has, you may have to do some link building.

Hope you guys enjoy!

2. payment proof

payment proof Active Member

Great advice! I think a lot of people forget about keywords and adding good descriptions when they upload videos. Those are an absolute essential part of video marketing.

3. Art

Art Member

There's a great tool for ranking youtube videos on first page of google - Url Shotgun. I personally use it a lot and had great success with it! You'll have to spend a few $ using this method but the results are amazing.
    Good luck :)
    Art

Tina19 likes this.
  4. whitney black

whitney black Member

Very good stuff, I haven't heard of some of these. Definitely gonna try this because I"m sick of hearing the same old crap that never works!

5. dero3000

dero3000 New Member

I agree also that this is great advice about YouTube video marketing. It seems to be the best strategy when uploading videos to YouTube. A lot of people are not aware of how effective video marketing is and how you can enhance it with proper keyword utilization.

Another keyword tip that can give your video an extra edge is to insert time stamps optimized with your keyword. This helps you get additional keywords into your description without "keyword stuffing". So somewhere in your short paragraph include some time stamps with your keyword. So if your keyword is "train your dog", and if one minute and twenty-three seconds into your video there is a section talking about hiring someone else to train you dog, and if two minutes and twenty-five seconds into your video there is a section talking about how to train your dog to stop barking, then you would insert these time stamps:

1:23 - why it is better to hire someone to train your dog

2:25 - how to train your dog to stop barking at your command

YouTube will automatically convert these time stamps to links within your video. So your viewer could just click on any of these time stamps and be brought directly to that part of the video. This way you are adding to the experience of the viewer and also helping yourself rank better in the YouTube searches.

Unfortunately, many viewers will not view the paragraph you have written and, therefore, will not notice these clickable time stamp links because they are most likely concerned with just viewing the video rather than reading your paragraph. But you still should benefit from having more of your keyword phrases in your content without "keyword stuffing". Just three or four time stamps should help (include your keyword phrase or a related keyword phrase), but don't overdo it or it could harm your ranking.

robinincarolina and Just2EZ like this.
  6. talfighel

talfighel Silver Member

This strategy will work and if you want to get the most out of YouTube, I would post new videos all the time.

Just make sure that you have other places online that get you traffic. You don't want to put all your eggs into one single basket.

I still have videos on YouTube getting me traffic but had one that was deleted by the YouTube team and that one video got me like 5-20 clicks on the link underneath the video per day.

7. PeterMFL

PeterMFL Active Member

I have found that even though I like YouTube better, Vivmo ranks faster in Google search results.

8. Conor Doherty

Conor Doherty New Member

I really like the tip about adding time stamps into your description to add more keywords without keyword stuffing.

Great tip! Thanks dero3000

9. robinincarolina

robinincarolina Silver Member

Great tips! I love video marketing. For about every blog post I do, I also do a youtube video on the same topic as well. I see it as doubling my efforts and videos are really easy to do!