How to Get Active Referrals

Discussion in 'General Marketing' started by samda, Jan 11, 2008.

1. samda

samda Member

Many People are successful in making more than 5000 referrals under their network, but i cant do more than 5. What is secret behind this. Any useful websites???? Please help me....!
  2. getagrip

getagrip Gold Member

Well...if you are involved with a MLM or some sort of other "opprotunity", I'd quit and learn internet marketing - that way you can earn some real money where your earnings aren't dependent on "referrals". Wealthy Affiliate is a good starting point.
  3. happywife

happywife Gold Member

Good question. I found the whole prospect of that frustrating, discouraging, and depressing. Needless to say, I didn't try for very long.

Generally, the types of programs that are based on referrals are highly saturated markets by the time you get involved. That makes your efforts even more hopeless.

I agree with getagrip. You are much more likely to be successful if you learn some internet/affiliate marketing techniques first. You will be able to create your own business and not be dependent on trying to get a bunch of people signed up for something.
  4. kfree2006

kfree2006 New Member

I agree with both post I had to go through internet marketing
    first because it wasn't working for me at first. Also you need
    to find the right kind of people someone who has the same
    goals and determination as us, you need (esp) "experience
    serious people"
  5. dmitch31

dmitch31 New Member

Even with MLM, I would definitely go with internet marketing. The older methods where you would have meetings and talk to people face to face are pretty pointless. Set up a blog about your opportunity and write some articles on ezinearticles with the resource box linking to your blog.

Also, if you could start a blog at wordpress.com, you can get some pretty decent traffic there. You have to be careful to not be doing any kind of hard sell on there though, or they will shut down your blog. Make sure you stick to soft sell at wordpress.com. Good traffic though.
  6. gbusiness3000

gbusiness3000 New Member

I can see all of these points of views, but if you are in an MLM and you think "outside of the box" then I think you can find a way to get your 5000 referrals.

The other big thing with that many referrals is training them to duplicate what you're doing that is successful! Good Luck.
  7. PMHayes

PMHayes New Member

Guys, you are all missing the point. Referrals is all about attraction marketing, anyway, no matter what type of business you do. There are some good ideas in the attraction marketing thread by Breanne, in the mlm/network marketing thread. MLM is not a dead end, as people like getagrip would have you believe. Quite to the contrary, it is probably the most ethical and efficient way for a company to do business. DR. Charles King, School of Business, Univ. Illinois, Chicago, and a Phd in business from Harvard U. made that statement, not me. You should take a look at a video presentation by him and Tim Sales, Brilliant Compensation and you would see what i mean.

Now about getting referrals. Learn about attraction marketing, branding yourself as an expert, a leader. You will draw people to you in the thousands, instead of having to chase them down. There is another thread in here about this subject by Danny Arrington, also in the MLM section, called "MLM Lies 97% Fail Rate Lies" You should also check that one out. You become attractive or magnetic, if you will, by adding massive value to your potential prospects, partners, customers, etc. before they join you! I won't go into all of that here, you can go to the threads mentioned and see for yourself. Most definately you need to check out Brilliant Compensation. If you have not done so, you should get a copy of Tim Sales' "Become a Professional Inviter." That series changed the way i did prospecting, and turned my whole conversion ratio around!

Bottom line, educate yourself, about your industry, your particular business, your particular products, then share that knowledge. Notice i said share, not cram down people's throats. Give your knowledge and your expertise away, and you will get back in return, guaranteed. I don't struggle anymore with prospecting, recruiting, sponsoring, closing. I know what i have to offer, i know how to offer it, and most importantly, i know i can make someone else's life better, and they know it when they talk to me. Come by and visit MY Blog off and on [Link removed - Admin]. I have set it up to be an educational resource to the home business community. I will be posting educational and inspirational articles by myself, my mentors, leaders in the home business industry.

Mitch
  8. opendomain

opendomain New Member

MLM is just another flavor of business. IT is not dead and when done right can be very fruitful. While MLM is not ALL attraction it does help to have people trust what it is you're doing.

If you're looking to get referrals I would focus on a few things.

1. Provide some type of system that you can provide to your new referrals to use. (This can be very difficult as I'm finding out[​IMG]

2. Understand that unless you have either developed #1 or have had it handed to you from your upline then filling referral spots can be difficult.

IT IS VITAL that you still learn internet marketing as it directly translate into traffic which translates into sign-ups. Marketing online can be both simple and hard, but once you start treating it as something you can learn and you start attempting to learn it then in about 1-6 months you'll begin to feel comforatable with marketing online.

There are 100's of guides out there to help you learn how to market. I would sign up for a few and consolidate the information into some thing that makes sense to you.

If you were going to become a car salesman you'd first have to learn about your cars(product) and about your dealerships sales system(program)...marketing online is really no different.

Learn your program in and out and then either develop or get a copy of some type of sales program...this is actually not that hard to do once you get the logistics down.

if you need any help with either of these i'd be more than happy to take a look or help you brain storm.

Best of luck,
    Gilbert
  9. jaesun16

jaesun16 New Member

Hi, [​IMG]

You can go to getref.com [​IMG]

You can get referrals from them.

But it takes time, and time.

It will help you getting referrals.

Because people who sign in are mostly who want get referrals~~

You can help each others

I hope this helps you little bit.

Happy day~^^[​IMG]
  10. ouzo12

ouzo12 New Member

Many People are successful in making more than 5000 referrals under their network, but i cant do more than 5. What is secret behind this. Any useful websites???? Please help me....!
    Well my friend, if u are into MLM then it might be that the products you are selling are difficult to sell. Or perhaps you are not convinced about the products or not even using them.

It might be also that the company you are in is already saturated in the marked, which of course it will be very difficult to make any money at all.

I personally went into a new MLM with very good result and I had about 65 people downline in the firs 2 months. But the product helps me a lot.

So if you can give us more info on what type of business you are into, I could help you (of course i am not an expert but i will do my best [​IMG] )
  11. teamlead

teamlead New Member

There are tons of marketing techniques out there, although MLM I think works best when you network with real people who are interested in your type of business. People who enjoy mlm will take on a few and see which one works best. There is a new one that has just opened and should soon be getting fresh metworkers joining. Opened only a few days ago, they have an awsome site with great networking features.