How to get leads from a FB group of people already in a diff. MLM?

Discussion in 'Network/Multi-level Marketing' started by Strikeb4ck, Jun 30, 2013.

1. Strikeb4ck

Strikeb4ck New Member

Hi WAH, new here.

I have a question. I am new to MLM (not necessarily internet marketing though) and have thought of one way to get some pretty solid leads.

I am in 2 Facebook groups dealing with 2 separate MLMs.

1) More users already, weaker compensation plan, worse service/product.
    2) Just taking off, way better compensation plan and service/product.

I am an actual MLM member of the second product and am going to target the 3000+ people in the first group as leads. In my opinion, the reasons above make switching a somewhat attractive proposition (the one drawback of course being most have already developed somewhat of a team). I figure this should have some success because these are people familiar with network marketing and won't be as skeptical, etc.

I want to post a message in the group alerting people of the MLM I am in, telling them to message me if interested. However, I will probably be kicked out of the group or just immediately sort of given a bad rep in the group if I just say the thing I'm working with is way better and they can make more money.

Does anyone have any ideas as to what to say to sort of sugarcoat it? Should I lie and say I'm doing both at the same time and having even more success, that way I can still compliment both MLMs? I really think I can get a lot of leads from this but I want to make sure I don't completely lose access to the group in case it doesn't come across great.

Any help is appreciated. Thanks, love the forum so far.

2. FreeCashMan

FreeCashMan Well-Known Member

If the first group is a private group particularly for that mlm then you may be considered spamming your 2nd company. Thus that wouldn't get you anywhere. You may just need to find a way to connect with people one on one.

payment proof likes this.
  3. payment proof

payment proof Well-Known Member

Perhaps you should become a member of that MLM product and contribute to the subject of the group for awhile. Get to know people, make friends, and build a reputation. Then perhaps mention your other opportunity in passing. If you think joining a group just to promote something different will get you kicked out, it probably will.

MarieA73 likes this.
  4. mountainmom5

mountainmom5 Gold Member

If it is a group in a specific mlm then you are spamming if you are trying to get them to join your biz. It doesn't work. it is better to build a rapport with people so they trust you and lying doesn't really work too great to build trust! Social marketing is SOCIAL - not spamming. :oops:

payment proof likes this.
  5. thirty6cash

thirty6cash New Member

Its very true that if you join a "GROUP" meaning a collective of people whom share a common interest, It would indeed rub them the wrong way trying to get them to join something else without supporting what there interest are first. Take time to get to know people within the group whom have a very strong work ethic, and show that they take pride as well as action when new opportunities arise. Who knows, but both MLM's just might work out for you and u can double the money your already making. Building relationships is key when working online, because a lot of trust is involved due to heavy amounts of scams out there. Hope this gives you a little more insight on how to approach your situation.

6. payment proof

payment proof Well-Known Member

I absolutely love the way you put this. Perfect quote! And the way to do things right!

mountainmom5 likes this.
  7. thirty6cash

thirty6cash New Member

Happy i could add my piece to help people learn good etiquette while doing online marketing. I plan on being very active within these threads, and hope to see and hear more great post along with new ideas along the way.

8. MarieA73

MarieA73 Member

Not sure how successful you'll be. All of us MLMers are used to being pitched other opportunities and have a built in sales resistance. And someone who is likely to switch to your option #2 is likely to leave you for option #3.

9. driverds

driverds New Member

If you think you can just post in FB, and expect everyone to jump at your opportunity you are much mistaken. If that were the case, why would MLM companies need us?

I am sick and tired of unprofessional Network Marketers sending me unsolicited Skype, FB and email messages telling me how good their opportunity is. Often having done the same a few weeks ago with some other MLM they failed at.

This is relationship marketing and if you can't get your friends and business colleagues to take you seriously, why would strangers. FB is a useful resource if you want to take the time to build individual relationships to make friends, this can take weeks, months and years.

There is also the case of ‘simple to click, simple to quit’. There are too many MLM junkies around who whenever it’s not working for them they just go on to the next and the next.

Having been in this industry for over 23 years I’ve seen them all come and go but all the serious earners all have longevity and total belief in their programs and products.

They will only ever look at another opportunity when their program or products are on a serious downturn. Personally I haven’t looked at any other opportunity in the last 6 years and don’t intend to start now, even if some stranger gives me a fantastic new link;)

10. NetMecca

NetMecca Member

I would suggest you promote the products. If the products are good enough, the opportunity will sell itself.

Also rember that network marketing is about networking. So be sure to count existing resources for any new opportunities you may have. If you have products from two or three opportunities, you could probably sell these to the same down stream. They are already receptive to your ideas by having signed up before.. And not maximizing your resources is simply leaving money on the table..

Cheers!!

11. Fabulousmiranda

Fabulousmiranda New Member

I've come to realize this, when it comes to leads. The FASTEST WAY to getting LEADS is simply this: BE YOURSELF. People follow people BUT...People want to follow genuine people. People who truly care and who will be honest, fair, straightforward and sincere. That's it!

12. Andre Boone

Andre Boone New Member

Well im new in mlm.I have a business and im having a hard time getting leads ,any ideas.

13. Anders J

Anders J Member

New to a group? Ad value! Be a leader and show what YOU can do for them.

People join people not a business. Besides most of those in a network marketing group are most likely to struggle getting leads. Now can you show something that cure that problem?

If you are new in MLM look for attraction marketing and stick with that. Lead with you, your team and your marketing system. If its to much work then good luck finding something else in the jungle of opportunities.