How to get more free Facebook likes!

Discussion in 'Website Promotion' started by Art, Oct 19, 2013.

1. Art

Art Member

Hi guys!
    I just wanted to share my simple strategy for getting FB likes...
    So on my fb pages I try to post something everyday and than share it to all the niche related groups.
    What I've noticed is that if I'm posting a 'funny' picture related to the niche people click like on the post more often, they share it more often and they also like my pages more often!
    Because they click on 'like' the post or share it, their friends can see it as well, they also might like or share it and that's how a picture can go viral easily... and you'll get tons of likes from it!
    The trick is to upload the photo to your page's albums, so when you share it, people will see where it came from as well.
    If you'll just share someone else's photo all the likes and shares will go to that account and not yours!
    Another trick is to add your website url to the picture but you'll need to have the right copyrights to alter it.
    Hope you'll get Tons of Likes this way!
    Good luck [​IMG]
    Art

2. Just2EZ

Just2EZ Moderator

"A Picture is worth a thousand words."

payment proof likes this.
  3. Vishal P. Rao

Vishal P. Rao Administrator Staff Member

4. stickerfart.com

stickerfart.com New Member

Hey Art,

Thanks for the tip. I have used this technique but Facebook seems to shut me down quickly. Do you post it to groups you are a part of? I would love to hear more on how to make this work.

Thanks!

Joe

5. payment proof

payment proof Active Member

Getting out there and networking has helped me. Find other pages, groups, etc. where people might be interested in your product or service. Like their posts and comment when you can add to the current discussion. Don't spam, just contribute. :)

6. Glenn Hall

Glenn Hall New Member

Payment proof... Great post. Join groups associates with your niche. Add value, contribute, get to know the other members of the group. I have learned it's best not to send a link until asked... or given permission.

7. FreeCashMan

FreeCashMan Well-Known Member

This appears to be a workable strategy. Facebook is all about sharing so I can see where this can get consistent likes. Turning those likes into interested parties for you home business/product or service is another matter but it starts with connecting with others.

8. Glenn Hall

Glenn Hall New Member

Absolutely right, freecashman, this strategy is very workable. A friend of mine has a $10k per month biz, just from Facebook. And without paid advertising. A couple things to remember, social media marketing is a marathon, not a sprint. And your value to biz should be about 80/20.

9. Glenn Hall

Glenn Hall New Member

80% value or "get to know me" and 20% "buy this". Gary Vaynerchuk's new book Jab, Jab, Jab, Right Hook is all about this. He said he almost titled it Give, Give, Give, Ask. I highly recommend the book.

Enjoy!!

10. ladybuggs

ladybuggs New Member

I too have found the occasional joke/humorous picture gets me more likes. It's very good advice. :)

11. GEM

GEM New Member

Good tip Art. Anything out of the ordinary works (y)

12. PeterMFL

PeterMFL Active Member

13. alexus15

alexus15 New Member

I`m buying FB likes at SEOClerks or CodeClerks. It`ll boost your page and business.

14. Just2EZ

Just2EZ Moderator

Another way is posting pictures on your own website then use a sharing button to post it to FaceBook.
    (Or, just post your URL on Facebook and it will show the picture from your website page.)
    Using a "Share" button like you see at the bottom of this page lets you choose an image.
    If you have more than one image it will let you scroll through them to pick one.
    You can also choose whose FaceBook page to share it on, or on your own wall.
    That drives traffic your YOUR website from Facebook or other social sites.
    Sharing is just too easy.
    Click, share, done.

15. talfighel

talfighel Silver Member

Yes, this will work.

I know of a lot of marketers who use FB's pay per click platform. It is as good as Google Adwords and Yahoo/Bing.

16. PeterMFL

PeterMFL Active Member

I'm not sure how effective 'buying' likes is as most of these likes are fake which means they don't interact with your Facebook page.
    The purpose of a Facebook page is to get people to comment and interact so it appears on their news feed and people see it.

Just my 2 cents...

17. payment proof

payment proof Active Member

and fake likes never turn into conversions.

PeterMFL likes this.
  18. Robin Bull

Robin Bull Member

That's pretty much what I do. It's fun to go viral. I've got fewer than 400 fans but many of my posts routinely have an audience number of 25k and up. I stopped caring about the number of fans a long time ago. ;)

Just2EZ likes this.
  19. Robin Bull

Robin Bull Member

Don't do that. Your likes won't be geared to your sites. One of my clients made that mistake. Now out of the almost 10k fans he has, most are from the middle east which does him no good since he does business here in America. You want ---qualified-- likes.

robinincarolina likes this.
  20. yahia

yahia Member

Just a quick note, if I take someone else's picture and upload it to my page then share it ... I might be compromising my whole business if the owner of the original picture decides to sue my business for copyright infringement.

Ask them first, more likely than not they'll say "No, you have to share it through our page". Better than the lawsuit.

robinincarolina and Robin Bull like this.