How to get traffic to my website for free?

Discussion in 'Website Promotion' started by aw1219, Feb 3, 2012.

1. aw1219

aw1219 New Member

Any ideas other than craigslist.

2. kenwrites

kenwrites New Member

Article marketing
    Blog commenting (only when you have value to offer in the comments)
    Twitter
    Facebook

Oh, and article marketing....[​IMG]

3. clipper

clipper New Member

Manual link building (Social, Web 2.0, etc)
    you can automate everything if you are lazy, but for the best results, go for the long term not the short term results because they will pay off better.
    oh and don't put all your eggs in one basket [​IMG]

4. talfighel

talfighel Silver Member

Article marketing is good. ( If you market is competitive you may need HUNDREDS of articles written)

Video marketing.

Blog commenting is also good.

Forum posting.

Car sticker.

Trying to get your site to page 1 or 2 on the major search engines.

I still think that PAID advertising like PPC is the best.

5. FreeCashMan

FreeCashMan Well-Known Member

You are doing it right now. Forum commenting. This has produced for me countless referrals and subsequent biz partners in my business for 5 years.

All the other things noted work also, plus the social networks. Free marketing just requires consistency and learning to be effective at it. However it works hands down!.

Paid marketing gets you immediate prospects without question, but not necessarily a better prospect. Using both can make for great success in once home business.

6. bdkfreedom

bdkfreedom New Member

I agree with many of the answers so far.

-Blog commenting is huge

-Video marketing has become a huge craze and sites like youtube love the publicity

-Forum posting frequently with valubale information is incredible also!

7. bruno almeida

bruno almeida New Member

i agree so far-Blog commenting is huge and getting better each dayVideo marketing has become a huge craze and sites like youtube love the publicityForum posting frequently with valuable information is incredible also!

8. robinincarolina

robinincarolina Silver Member

9. Just2EZ

Just2EZ Moderator

kenwrites: Article marketing
    Original articles posted on your own website then pinged/liked/shared, etc.
    Totally free, long lasting organic traffic from people searching for info.

10. haiden

haiden New Member

How many of you use Youtube? I mean like, making a promo video for your site, creating a channel for the site?

YT has a huge PR , at like a 9 I believe. I just started one for one of my sites. A buddy of mine uses it, gets MASSIVE traffic. It's simple to do, and quick, very effective.

Oops, someone mentioned it. But I think its a very smart idea.

11. yasser

yasser New Member

bring your website to google page one. easy if you are aware of onsite and offsite techniques

12. shuvo

shuvo Member

Here are some good ways to drive free traffic to your website:

-Facebook groups in your niche
    -Related forum participation
    -Article marketing
    -Video marketing
    -Guest blogging
    -blog commenting
    -classified ad posting like craigslist,sulekha,US free ads

13. estellaeffects

estellaeffects New Member

There is no sure shot way. It depends on your niche as well.

For me article marketing, and commenting are working well.

If your niche is something like make money from home and online marketing - guest posting will work like a charm.
    But, if you are selling some equipments like swimming pools or kitchecn applicanes then guest posting will not work.

You might have to resort to bookmarking + youtube + commenting

Whats your niche?

14. clark kent

clark kent New Member

Here are some low cost ways to increase your website traffic.....

*Business cards & Stickers placed in high foot traffic area's

*Tribe Syndication

*Article spinning software and distribution software to post your article and your websites hyperlink to the top article directories and in the process creating valuable backlinks to your website.

*Classified ad posting to your niche market

15. azman

azman New Member

Try to advertise offline. Mayne you can start with magazines.

16. Ritu Anand

Ritu Anand Member

FreeCashMan
    Can you please give me a few of the good free traffic sites to sign into. Also, places where one can put in free blogs which allow traffic.[​IMG]

17. fatman

fatman New Member

Over the last year, I have found that social bookmarking and blog commenting aren't quite as useful as they used to be. Bookmarks give very little google-love and a lot of people (at least in my case) don't bother to approve blog comments.

Blog commenting is good, but since a lot of people don't check to approve comments regularly, you have to comment on a lot of sites in order to make up the difference.

Guest posting on blogs is a great way to get a high PR backlink and traffic though. Find a big blog in your niche and ask them if you can write a guest post. Make sure it is the best post you've ever written though, or they won't approve it.

18. kane1976

kane1976 New Member

I would go with article marketing, and to save time i would invest a little and outsource the task, as this can now be done at very low cost.

Write, or get someone else to write you an article, then hire someone to spin it (create several different versions) to a very high standard, then get it mass submitted to 100s of article directories.

You can get this done for next to nothing at fiverr.com

19. robledo1

robledo1 New Member

Here's another idea:

Go to your local library, check out all the books you can on your niche and place a link to your website in there. Either very lightly with a pencil (use at your own risk), or leave a post-it note in there.

One thing that I would do was put up post-its all around town at the bus stops with the link in there. I'm assuming you're promoting a biz-opp, just put a short message like: "Make $XX Online Starting Today!" -Post-its are very inexpensive.

You can also call people you know and tell them to check out your new website. When you get someone to join, have them do the same.

20. FreeCashMan

FreeCashMan Well-Known Member

The core free marketing places or methods have been posted. The key is to do them consistently even when things seem slow and market effectively with such tools as autoresponders. People don't mind good follow up so that they can come back and thoroughly review what you are offering.

I see to many saying they can't refer others to their business, and not having success and it really comes down to marketing.