How to get traffic to my website for free?

Discussion in 'Website Promotion' started by aw1219, Feb 3, 2012.

1. Ritu Anand

Ritu Anand Member

Thanks to all of you for your invaluable input. I will look into it all. Whew, its back to the grindstone for me.[​IMG] - but I am truly loving it - all that learning and getting well versed with the new language of today - computers and the internet.[​IMG]

2. Ritu Anand

Ritu Anand Member

That's a lot of very helpful advice out there. Thanks to all of you for your input.

I have put myself in for Google AdSense, but really and truly I'm not too sure what its all about. If anyone can explain it to me i'll be very thankful.

Forum posting is fun - its nice to be able to connect with like-minded people. Is there some place one can find out all the forums one can write to?

3. happywife

happywife Gold Member

Ritu Anand: I have put myself in for Google AdSense, but really and truly I'm not too sure what its all about. If anyone can explain it to me i'll be very thankful.
    Hi Ritu,

Basically, if you are approved for the Google Adsense program you will be able to get html code from the program and paste it onto the pages of your website. The code will generate ads from the Google Adwords advertisers that are related to the content on the page and when any of your visitors click on one of the ads, you'll earn some money.

The amount of money you earn per click depends on a number of things but generally speaking it really comes down to how much the advertisers are paying in your particular niche. Google gives you a little over half the advertising dollars and keeps the rest themselves.

Simple rules are that you must never click on your own ads or ask people to click on them for you. That's referred to as "click fraud" and will usually get your Adsense account shut down. It's almost impossible to get an account reinstated once it has been closed.

I hope that helps and that you get some success with it.

Blessings,
    Angie

4. mreese601

mreese601 Member

Here is my free traffic method! It all starts with keywords! Once you find the keywords that you want to rank you then have to optimize your page. Make sure your keyword is in your title first post and last post and two more time through out the post! Bold your keyword in the first post and ad a link back to one of your keywords. After you do that, you want to ping that post using pingler.com and the social bookmark your page using socialposter.com after that blog commenting, forum in your niche, and create a video, and right a article! Make sure you ping each thing that you do! And just keep posting your links anywhere you can!

5. moneyforlife2

moneyforlife2 New Member

I am not a copy writer....yet...so what can I post in my autoresponders that people will be interested in, that will make them want to read? How many days of autoresponders should be set up?

6. prins

prins New Member

give something away like a e-book, submit it to a giveaway site that will drive traffic to your site.

and e-mail signatures

7. Ritu Anand

Ritu Anand Member

Thanks to all of you for your input. Angie, do you know if you can only get one blog in Google Adsense or more. The blog they have approved, "suchislife" is not really the one that I am interested in promoting. There is so much to learn about the net that it is quite mind-boggling.

How can I give away an e-book prins - i don't have one.[​IMG]

Thanks to all of you again for your invaluable help.[​IMG]

8. happywife

happywife Gold Member

Ritu Anand: Angie, do you know if you can only get one blog in Google Adsense or more. The blog they have approved, "suchislife" is not really the one that I am interested in promoting. There is so much to learn about the net that it is quite mind-boggling.
    Hi Ritu,

Usually, once you have an approved Adsense account, you can add as many domains as you like. You just go into your account settings and "allow" ads to be shown on your other domains as you create them.

Yes, it is all very confusing at first. Just accept that fact and realize that you will keep learning little by little and pretty soon you'll be helping someone else by answering these questions for them. [​IMG]

Blessings,
    Angie

9. Ritu Anand

Ritu Anand Member

Wow, that was quick, thanks Angie. That is so good to know - I will do as you say.[​IMG] Thanks, once again.[​IMG]

Dream - Believe - Strive - Achieve and have an awesome day!

10. happywife

happywife Gold Member

No problem! [​IMG] You caught me just as I was getting ready to shut down for the night.

I also thought I'd quickly mention that you can make your signature into click-able links. People will be more likely to visit your pages if they don't have to copy and paste.

There's a little instruction link in your profile, but basically you have to wrap the link in these opening and closing tags to make the link click-able. If you want it to be a text link instead of your actual url, then put the url inside the first tag like this and then put the text you want to make click-able immediately following that and before the closing tag.

I can't show you it exactly, otherwise it will turn my instructions into a click-able link. [​IMG]

Hope you can figure it out. Play around with it and you'll get it. [​IMG]

Okay, I'm done for the night.
    Blessings,
    Angie

11. Ritu Anand

Ritu Anand Member

Angie, I went into account settings but did not find anywhere to link my blogs with AdSense[​IMG] Any other tips? Thanks in advance.[​IMG]

12. prins

prins New Member

happywife
    Hi there

if you don't have one, just create a e-book with a niche you are interested. just copy and paste info from the web to a word document, convert the word document to pdf. download pdf creator, its free..

Submit it to JV giveaways, your e-book must be 20 pages or more, if they approve, they will send traffic (or customers)to your website site for the e-book..

hope i covered everything..

13. happywife

happywife Gold Member

Ritu Anand: Angie, I went into account settings but did not find anywhere to link my blogs with AdSense Any other tips? Thanks in advance
    You may have a different setup in your account than I do. If you look at this answer in the Google Help you can see that you don't have to get additional sites approved but can simply create new code to paste on the site and put them on your allowed sites list if you have that option enabled.

Hope that helps.

Blessings,
    Angie

14. happywife

happywife Gold Member

prins: happywife
    Hi there

if you don't have one, just create a e-book with a niche you are interested. just copy and paste info from the web to a word document, convert the word document to pdf. download pdf creator, its free..

Submit it to JV giveaways, your e-book must be 20 pages or more, if they approve, they will send traffic (or customers)to your website site for the e-book..

hope i covered everything..
    Thanks for the tips, but I wasn't the one who asked the question. [​IMG]

However, your suggestion about copying info from the web and pasting into a word document to create an ebook is NOT good advice. That's called plagiarism, unless you are very careful to ONLY copy information that is in the public domain and does not have copyright attached to it.

If you don't feel able to write your own content, pay someone to write for you or purchase some private label rights, but don't copy other people's work and claim it as your own.

Blessings,
    Angie

15. Ritu Anand

Ritu Anand Member

Thanks once again for all your input. I'm still confused[​IMG] but, what's new with that[​IMG] Anyway, I will keep trying - until I sort it all out.

Have an awesome day!

16. prins

prins New Member

happywife
    Hi there

Forgot to put in about the public domain.. very important

Thanks

17. happywife

happywife Gold Member

No worries. Glad it's cleared up. [​IMG]

Blessings,
    Angie

18. Tess_T

Tess_T New Member

Hmm . . . let's see [​IMG]

Article marketing
    Blog commenting
    Blogging on your own blog
    Guest posting on relevant blogs
    Viral marketing (free giveaway reports)
    Social media
    YouTube videos
    Effective SEO strategies

and that's just the beginning!

19. Ritu Anand

Ritu Anand Member

You all are so right. I am learning a little bit more each day. It's awesome, like learning a new language and actually being able to make use of it. I have learnt a bit more about adsense, soon hopefully I will become a pro at using it for my financial benefit.[​IMG]

Thanks once again to all of you. [​IMG]

20. resolve777

resolve777 New Member

Don't get disheartened. Use Twitter, Facebook, forum marketing via your forum signatures and finding something free to offer online marketers is not hard at all.

Use a good autoresponder to help you to convert traffic on your site because traffic does'nt mean a thing unless it converts.