How to get traffic to my website for free?

Discussion in 'Website Promotion' started by aw1219, Feb 3, 2012.

1. JTGMarketing

JTGMarketing Member

Gosh, there are a variety of strategies you can use to drive traffic to your online business.

Article marketing
    Video marketing

You can also go on forums like this one (provided you follow their guidelines).

2. agoda73

agoda73 New Member

Posting to your blog once a week is sufficient enough, so that Google has time to index them.

So the answer is to post to a different blog / forum each day if you can.

3. Gavino

Gavino New Member

Create an email address and use strictly for safelist advertising. Post your offer to various credit based safelists. This form of advertising can bring a flood of free traffic to your site. and can work very well if done right. You'll need a lead capture page so you can build a list while driving traffic to your site.

4. bluetexas

bluetexas Member

So many great ideas! I love this thread. :)

5. shuvo

shuvo Member

There are number of other free ways to drive free traffic.Obviously the list starts with social media marketing If you know how to perform this.Next I personally love guest blogging as it helps to drive quality traffic and video marketing as people always love to see things in action!

6. Trenton

Trenton New Member

Youtube is a great source for multiple reasons. One is the obvious to post a promotional video, but the other is to watch and comment on other videos that are related, if people like your comment they might follow it to your youtube channel. Use your channel to market your website which can help drive a significant amount of traffic! I also forgot, someone above had mentioned business cards. If you have a card made up get a QR code created for your website so people can use their mobile device to scan it and go directly to your website!

Tina19 likes this.
  7. Tina19

Tina19 New Member

I use numerous social sites to drive traffic to my site. Facebook, really works for me. I am having a little trouble with YouTube though. I have a few videos on there for 3 months and still no one has seen them. I like your comment Trenton, I think I will find some videos that are related to mine and comment on them. Hopefully this work, I will try anything right now.

8. Anders J

Anders J Member

Youtube as its instant from the moment you put them up.

Know you need to set it up right when doing it and learn how to get the best results.

As for the learning Jeff Johnson is the man.

To get people to see your videos you need them to see your videos first before your website. If they like your video then they will follow.

Tina19 likes this.
  9. Tina19

Tina19 New Member

I agree, but how do you get your video in front, like all other popular videos.

10. Anders J

Anders J Member

You can post videos on forums and get people to see you that way.

Facebook is another.

Social media like Squidoo and Twitter.

People would rather watch a video than read an article.

POSHionista and Tina19 like this.
  11. Tina19

Tina19 New Member

Thanks for the advice. I will try some of these suggestions.

12. EarnCashAtHome

EarnCashAtHome New Member

I like to use Youtube. many people love to hear and watch something over reading.
    Talking on forums related to your site is also a good one.

I have another technique that works really well. If you ever have any events going on in your city, say a wine tasting event, and you site happens to be about wine tasting, creating flyers and outsource someone to hand them out at the even for you. Otherwise you can hand them out yourself too.
    I once did this and made $3000 in clickbank sales in the next 2 weeks. It was awesome

payment proof likes this.
  13. Aaliya Thunder

Aaliya Thunder New Member

There are a wide variety of ways to drive traffic, but before you start driving traffic its a good idea to ensure that wherever you are sending them is going to be worthwhile. But although there are a wide variety of ways to drive free traffic, free traffic is significantly slower and less effective than paid advertising. but I would suggest

• Facebook
    • Youtube
    • Twitter
    • Video Sites
    • Article Directories
    • Forums
    • LinkedIn
    There are many more sites that you can advertise on, but I think that it is important to note that Advertising is not Bound to ONLINE efforts, you can also marketing offline and in real locations.

Here are a few offline advertising methods
    • Flyers
    • Business Cards
    • Stickers
    • Word of Mouth
    Online marketing is simply a descendent of its grandfather (Marketing).

14. POSHionista

POSHionista New Member

A few people have already mentioned it, but I want to stress how much YouTube has done for my site. Just a few clever videos can help you get a lot of traffic to your site. It doesn't take any money, but it does take the time. I recommend mapping out a few videos you can do that relate to your site.

15. Conor Doherty

Conor Doherty New Member

Blog as much as possible, with SEO elements involved.
    Record Youtube videos that are keyword rich.
    Post in social media groups, but don't spam them.
    Help people as much as you can in forums and make sure to include a link in your signature.