How to Maintain My Health?

Discussion in 'Health' started by sam008, Aug 28, 2009.

1. sam008

sam008 New Member

HI

Can anyone tell me please how to maintain my health.

Thanks.

2. Vishal P. Rao

Vishal P. Rao Administrator Staff Member

If I were to sum in one sentence, it would be: Work your body, relax your mind.

The present generation is doing just the opposite: Work the mind, relax the body.

Hence so much stress and unrest.

3. mountainmom5

mountainmom5 Gold Member

Oh, that's good Vishal!

4. johnjimat

johnjimat New Member

-it more fruit
    -do some exercise
    -relax your mind(put the negative think away and try to think positive)
    -and dont smoke [​IMG]

5. EricHat

EricHat New Member

Strengthen Your Immunity

You've heard that the best defense is a good offense. This is especially true when it comes to your immune system. By practicing healthy lifestyle habits and reducing our exposure to infection (offense), we can better help protect against illness (defense).

Like Vishal stated it is also about your Mindset

"Positive vibration as we consciously create our reality"

6. BobFirestone

BobFirestone New Member

I am going to try for the one word answer.

MOVE

7. joanpeterson

joanpeterson New Member

Everyone has good pointers on maintaining one's health.

Personally, I believe in a healthy diet which means eliminating as much of the bad stuff as one can - including fat. One must also ensure that caloric intake is appropriate for one's physical activities. Fruit and fresh veggies are great and one should eat more of them than all the other crap one can eat.

And that gets to another main aspect of staying healthy - and that is exercise - it does not matter what you do. But it has to be something that gets one's heart rate pumping strong.

I like humor - and recently saw a commercial for a furniture store. The man was sitting in a recliner and rocking back and forth. When his wife asked what he was doing - he replied that he was doing situps or some form of exercise! And sadly, this is probably about the only exercise most people get.

And one must relax their minds, as pointed out above. Mental stress can have a tremendous negative impact on a person's health.

8. Newbie Shield

Newbie Shield Gold Member

Vishal P. Rao: Work
    your body, relax your mind.
    Hi Vishal,

I agree. That's a big part of my relaxation and meditation routine. I get the best results after a good physical work out.

~Newbie Shield~

9. VictoriaNTC

VictoriaNTC Silver Member

May I also suggest meditation?

In the beginning, it is a challenge to quiet the thoughts.

You could listen to a meditation download..there are some complimentary recordings online.

I have purchased some for specific reasons, desired experiences, and this has saved me potentially years of practice.

I hope this helps!
    Victoria

10. owenn

owenn New Member

regular exercie and avoid eating oil and faty food thats it .

11. TJamMoneyMan

TJamMoneyMan Well-Known Member

ALL good suggestions imho.

If there was one word for me to pick, it would be BALANCE.

Not only balance in diet, but balance/moderation in all things.
    And not only health/diet/exercise related either.

You need a balance of economic, social and other facets of life.
    For example, who can deny the stress created by troublesome economic, or social issues in one's life?

As for diet, I am personally surprised at how people neglect to include NATURAL fruits and vegetables in their diet.
    Uncooked fruits and vegetables should be a regular part of our diet, as well as properly prepared/cooked vegetables.
    Whole/minimally processed grains as well.

I am surprised how many of us load up on meat and refined starches. Perhaps with a side order of overcooked vegetables.
    Simply STUFFING ourselves until we can't eat any more.
    And afterwards, we soon feel hungry again!

A balanced diet will virtually eliminate hunger, for a significant period of time, has been my personal experience.

I can't help but wonder about the positive effects of a balanced life as well.
    Wish I had one!!

12. cpryor

cpryor New Member

you should monitor what you are eating. the best way is to change your eating habitsby including a variety of foods from the basic food groups: meat and meat substitutes; dairy; fruits and vegetables; grains, such as breads and pasta; and a limited amount of fats and sweets.
    exercise is also a key factor. If you can't make it to the gym you can implement some simple home exercises or by walking your neighborhood every evening. On the days that I can't make it to the gym, I walk through my subdivision and back which takes 20 minutes. It works for me

13. Jean LA

Jean LA New Member

Vishal P. Rao: If I were to sum in one sentence, it would be: Work your body, relax your mind.
    Yes, you should put it this way.

14. joan2010

joan2010 New Member

Staying healthy is one of my concern too. I'ts the reason that I created a blog that is related to health and i've posted some useful informations in there. I've suffered from hyperthyroidism and gallstone problem at such a young age and it really affected my lifestyle. It was a terrible experience since I was in a lot of pain but then I overcame my thyroid problem but until now I'm still struggling from gallstone problem but im positive that I can overcome it too..

my blog is at healthwiseonline.net

15. vijendrasnv

vijendrasnv New Member

Work according to your diet.Always try to get balanced diet.
    Burn all calories by extra workout.Take water as much as you can in your body.These are some simple tips to become healthy.
    Thanks.

16. yasser

yasser New Member

Although our ancestors typically sat down to three large meals per day, they also labored heavily in the fields or at other work and burned off many of those calories. Today eating three large meals per day combined with an inactive lifestyle is a recipe for weight gain. [​IMG]

17. ryanbiddulph

ryanbiddulph New Member

Eat light, do some form of sustained exercise each day and spend 30 minutes in quiet time. Call it meditating if you'd like to. Time spent thinking or doing nothing is pure recovery time. Your conscious thoughts are no longer blocking your natural state of health with their silly, fearful ramblings.

I walk about an hour a day. I eat few animal products. Unless you're bodybuilding no need to pile up on the protein. Stick to fruits, veggies and carbohydrate sources with minimal meats, etc.

Drink 1/2 to a gallon of water a day depending upon how much you exercise. Water is a natural diuretic which keeps things moving through your system.

Most of all love what you do. When in a love affair with your work stress subsides and disease has a tough time manifesting in your body.

As the wise have said he we are each the author of our disease or health.

18. fixaprob

fixaprob New Member

There are some tips:-
    Don't smoke or use tobacco.
    Limit how much alcohol you drink
    Eat healthy.
    Lose weight if you're overweight.
    Exercise
    Control your cholesterol level

19. blueblud

blueblud New Member

Hhmm.....maintaining health !!!!!!!!!!!!! Just jog,exercise,cycle and dont even forget to climb up the stairs insted of lift........to actually burn out those extra calories and decrease your cholestrol level a lot,,,,,,,,,,,,,,flushing out all the diseases from your body [​IMG] [​IMG]

20. wahgo

wahgo New Member

Vishal P. Rao: If I were to sum in one sentence, it would be: Work your body, relax your mind.

The present generation is doing just the opposite: Work the mind, relax the body.

Hence so much stress and unrest.
    WOW...so simple, yet extremely powerful.

I suggest yoga. I have actively been practicing yoga for over a decade and the positive effect it has on my body is second to none. It moves the fluids in the body, massages the organs, and catapults your daily energy levels because your body is functioning better.