How to Maintain My Health?

Discussion in 'Health' started by sam008, Aug 28, 2009.

1. bing

bing New Member

Vishal P. Rao: If I were to sum in one sentence, it would be: Work your body, relax your mind.

The present generation is doing just the opposite: Work the mind, relax the body.
    I love this too!

May I add something to working the body and relaxing the mind...
    WATCH YOUR FOOD. [​IMG] Clean eating is an essential part of being in good health. As much as possible, avoid preservatives and canned goods.

2. Vishal P. Rao

Vishal P. Rao Administrator Staff Member

bing: WATCH YOUR FOOD. Clean eating is an essential part of being in good health. As much as possible, avoid preservatives and canned goods.
    Absolutely! You are what you eat.

3. Seth

Seth New Member

this what i do maintain a good health.

exercise regularly , sleep 8hrs , eat healthy foods and most of all avoid stress be HAPPY [​IMG]

4. TChurch

TChurch New Member

I like that quote, work you body relax your mind. That's probably one of the key things to a long life. Keep your stress to a minimum and you body active[​IMG]

5. Dan T

Dan T New Member

One of the things I like to do to calm down is to meditate daily. The later in the day, the better. That way, there is much less noise around the area.

I noticed that after a few days of practice, I was more calm and the tension in my body seemed to whither away. Try it out [​IMG]

6. taz87

taz87 Member

Avoid stress as much as possible,monitor your alcohol if you drink. do NOT smoke.
    I cycle...while watching my favourite tv show on my pc screen,stationary bike in my room and the time passes quickly an hour of cycling now allows me to burn 600 cals which is decent.
    Your food is a big one, fopr a rule of thumb the closer what you eat is to mother nature the better it is for you...think as a caveman, did cavemen have sausages,nachos and crisps?
    for example eat steak not processed burger and crap.
    Regards,
    Taz

7. Rach72

Rach72 New Member

And do not forget to take the time to laugh and enjoy life!

No point doing all of the above and living a long healthy life if you ain't enjoying it!

Take a day off once a week to eat, drink, socialize and do all the stuff that you want to do [​IMG]

8. FreeCashMan

FreeCashMan Well-Known Member

ryanbiddulph: Drink 1/2 to a gallon of water a day depending upon how much you exercise. Water is a natural diuretic which keeps things moving through your system.

On point there. Drinking more water is something that the masses need to do. With all of the flavored drinks on the market drinking more water has become lost wisdom. However studies have shown that the lack of water resulting in the dehydration of your cells is a root cause of many illnesses which could easy be avoided by drinking more water.

see www.watercure2.org

I've been drinking more water since getting wise to the info in the link above and it has been great. I've drank repeated glasses of water when I felt a cold coming on, and it never arrived.

Get a water filter and drink more water, particularly first thing in the morning before anything else and near your bed time.

Then go make more money [​IMG]

9. Just2EZ

Just2EZ Moderator

Vishal P. Rao: Absolutely! You are what you eat.
    Then call me nuts, fishy, and a little devil - as in a shot of Red Devil Hot Sauce!
    Cayenne, Curcummin, Ginger, and Vinegar are my "medicines".
    Cayenne and Curcummin are Substance P(pain) reducers.

10. faye

faye New Member

Do everything with moderation. That is what Siddartha discovered after he had gone to both extremes.

Think positive. Hard one some times, I know. I started trying to see a lesson behind every setback and that really started puting my mind at ease.

Just take a very consious breather every now and then, even if it is just for a few seconds.

Other than that, great and very detailed advice has already been given, kudos to all the previous posts.

11. RICH4NURICHE

RICH4NURICHE New Member

Whole Foods and lots of clean water=Good!
    Junk food and soda=bad!
    Work 40 hours a week=not good!
    Relax and no worries=Good!
    Positive people=Good!
    Negative people=bad!