How to promote my website with small budget.

Discussion in 'General Marketing' started by marthomartho, Jun 11, 2009.

1. marthomartho

marthomartho New Member

Hi guys, I'm from holland. I've set up a website, but don't know how to promote it actually. Do you have any ideas what's the best?

Thanks in advance guys!

Martho
  2. mountainmom5

mountainmom5 Gold Member

Have you tried writing articles? It is one of the best ways for a lot of us. Write articles about your topic and submit to article places such as goarticles.com and ezinearticles.com
  3. cherie27

cherie27 New Member

You can submit your website to link directories to get backlinks.
    Put your website url in your email signature.
  4. A8ch

A8ch Gold Member

Select the top three (3) benefits your site offers and then create a Squidoo lens that focuses on each one. This will give you the ability to expand on each benefit and create interest. You will also have 3 additional promotional pieces (free) linking back to your site.

Hermas
  5. treklub

treklub New Member

Yea writing articles and putting them on different free article sites is a top way to promote your website for free. Its up to you how well it does because you must put in the effort if you want your business to strive
  6. simplyg

simplyg New Member

I would suggest writing articles and creating a blog. Make sure you learn about keyword optimization. If the content of your articles and blogs is keyword targeted, you will get more traffic.

Good luck!
  7. computerincome

computerincome New Member

Go to Google log in then click webmaster tools.. Lots of information and tips on verifying your site for search engines. Of course this is the starting point for a new website that you may have already done.
  8. Newbie Shield

Newbie Shield Gold Member

Hi martho,

To the above list of good suggestions I would add two:

1. Create a press release.

2. Learn about keyword research and SEO so that you can configure your site to draw organic traffic from search engines.

~Newbie Shield~
  9. ateamfuntimer

ateamfuntimer New Member

There are some great ideas and thoughts in this thread. I love the exchanges that happen on this forum. I can only add my thoughts and some ideas and methods ive used to generate traffic for my business.

Word of mouth advertising has always worked well for our business. happy customers are a great source of referrals. They also provide great testimonies. We also give out as many samples of our product as we can.

Another method that we use is blogging. On our site we combine web 2.0 tactics as well as adding all the social networking we can. On our blog we can provide good content that makes the readers want to come back. There are many articles that available for reprint on many topics so if you arent the best writer there is still no excuse.

The internet provides many free and inexpensive avenues to advertise as well. You can go on forums like this. This is a great way to get traffic. Responses to threads on this forum constantly get me hits to my website. It is also great to the search engines as the total of all the content on this forum places it high on most searches. You can also place free classified and post anywhere you find is a good market for your clientele.

I hope that something I have said has helped in your research on getting promotion to your site. as you will see this forum is a great resource to gain knowledge.
  10. yahia

yahia Member

One more suggestion Martho, send an email to your friends asking them to visit your website and send you a feed back. All your friends Martho,

Your site (if it is the one in your signature) has an interactive nature. Ask them to try it for evaluating their own blogs or any website they want, and then get back to you with what they think about it.

Then as Cherie said, keep it in your email signature.

This process is overlooked by the vast majority of marketers, although it brings in a good amount of unique visits that help enhancing your website ranking. Even if it was a small amount, it adds up to your marketing efforts and costs you nothing.
  11. buckwild

buckwild New Member

Lots of great ideas here. Writing articles, squidoo lens and a blog are great ways to get traffic to your site.
    Reply to junk email about business opportunities with information about your site.
    Also try placing ads at sites like salespider, its free.
  12. simplyg

simplyg New Member

Newbie Shield: 1. Create a press release.

Do know of any good resources that teach you to create an effective press release?

Thanks!
  13. vinmann

vinmann New Member

Free traffic generating methods are best suited. They are free to generate traffic but need your initiative and commitment to work them out.
    Write articles and submit to article directories
    Participate in forums
    Do onpage seo
    Submit your site to directories
    Participate in web.2 sites
  14. Newbie Shield

simplyg: Do know of any good resources that teach you to create an effective press release?
    Hi SimplyG,

I learned by Googling it and by reading tutorials on the press release sites. I've also read from online marketing blogs.

The information is easy to find. It's not entirely dissimilar to writing an article. Only difference is that the target audience is reporters.

They like new and interesting stuff written to inform.

Your first release might be about a site launch.

I've done both free and paid. You get better backlinks for paid, but then you have to pay ;)

Good luck and let me know how it goes.

~Newbie Shield~
  15. simplyg

simplyg New Member

Newbie Shield: Hi SimplyG,

I learned by Googling it and by reading tutorials on the press release sites. I've also read from online marketing blogs.

The information is easy to find. It's not entirely dissimilar to writing an article. Only difference is that the target audience is reporters.

They like new and interesting stuff written to inform.

Your first release might be about a site launch.

I've done both free and paid. You get better backlinks for paid, but then you have to pay [​IMG]

Good luck and let me know how it goes.

~Newbie Shield~
    Thank you so much for taking the time to write back! I really appreciate it. I'm developing a website right now, so I'll look into press release research as I get closer to the launch.

Thanks again![​IMG]
  16. getreffs

getreffs Guest

Ok my qustion is that writing articles and then Publishing the Links of our Blog or Site are count in Backlines or not.
  17. Newbie Shield

Hi Getreffs,

Yes, if you publish an article and include a link to your site that would be a classic example of a backlink.

~Newbie Shield~
  18. nanlar

nanlar New Member

what is the best way to get your blog traffic?
  19. Kurt Henninger

Kurt Henninger New Member

Here is a quick free list:

- articles
    - videos
    - social media
    - forum marketing
    - blogging
    - press releases

Hope that helps.
  20. magume

magume New Member

One of the most widely used ways of get traffic to website is article marketing. For this you have to write high quality articles related to the product you are promoting. At the end of the article you can attach a link which will guide the reader to your website.
    Another way of promoting website is through social media websites. Here you can find top social media sites http://www.prelovac.com/vladimir/top-list-of-social-media-sites
    Regards,
    Vicky