How to promote my website with small budget.

Discussion in 'General Marketing' started by marthomartho, Jun 11, 2009.

1. twnuck

twnuck New Member

Google Adwords is my favorite way to promote. I can think of none better.

Todd
  2. gowriter

gowriter Member

Hon, I'm not sure how well your site will rank on Google. I looked at your source code and I cannot find any content.

Google cannot read your website because there's not much text, so how do they know what keyword they are going to rank for? I'm not sure if it will even be indexed on the search engine.

Suppose you decide not to redo your website and write articles to draw traffic to your site. What are you expecting your visitors to do?

At least I found out my website was worth $118.00USD, but is that just your goal? Are you planning to sell websites? Are you getting Adsense or clicks every time someone types in their info?

You may want to give a little bit more content with keywords that can be indexed and an explanation of what your site does and how it benefits the visitors.
  3. louisiana_tiger

louisiana_tiger New Member

Hello Martho,

I am new to affiliate marketing as well. I have created my website and now I am writing as many articles as possible. I am also creating a link to my website in my article. I am starting to see a little traffic to my website. I hope this helps
  4. rosa41

rosa41 New Member

Now that my head is just starting to clear from all of the information overload...getting traffic to any site is the key and requires links and backlinks from everything mentioned here. I spend most of my time, at this point, writing articles, blog posts, forum posts, etc.
    I have yet to get into the social media but know that it is important for organic traffic.
    One thing at a time.
  5. cthen

cthen New Member

The two best sources of free advertising for me are:

Youtube
    Safelists, using credit mailers and solo ads

Hope that helps.

Connie
  6. Ann Williams

Ann Williams New Member

Writing articles and publishing them in Ezine Articles has brought me decent traffic.
  7. debbystewart

debbystewart New Member

Social networking is your best bet and it is completely free.
    Join Facebook, Twitter and other popular social networks in your country and use them to promote your site.
  8. paolo4

paolo4 New Member

It is difficult to say what the best is but you can choose to offer a percentage of profits to affiliates. This will find you clients quickly and you could advertise in the classifieds, It is Free.
  9. HomeBizTips

HomeBizTips New Member

There are several ways to monetize your website. However, as a beginner you should focus on one strategy for now; later on when you've mastered your first strategy, move on to another monetizing strategy. For example, if your website has about 20 to 30 pages of content rich information, apply for a Google AdSense account. You make money when visitors click on the advertisements
    on your website

The key is to get as much target traffic to your website as possible.
  10. fastaction

fastaction New Member

marthomartho: I've set up a website, but don't know how to promote it actually. Do you have any ideas what's the best?
    There are a number of ways to promote your website on the internet without cost, or very low cost. Start off by writing a few articles, or use some PLR articles if you can find good quality ones that you can edit and make your own. These can then be submitted to the many article directories all over the internet. Ensure that you use a catchy author resource box at the end, so that you get links to your site.

Next, you can create a hubpages account and put your articles there as well. I recommend that you try to make some changes to your articles to make them unique from the ones submitted to the article directories.

Next, you can create a squidoo account and add lenses of each of your articles. Again, try to make some more amendments, so that they are not the same as the others.

After this, you can look for blogs on the internet and go and make some comments in answer to the topics of the blog and gain a free link back to your site, which can be followed by other site visitors, or just to add another link to your site, which helps with SEO.

I recommend that you use good quality articles that have real value to readers, because his will get more people to read your articles and look at your resource box, then follow your link to your site and buy from you (or whatever you want them to do at your site).

I hope this helps you.
  11. elle14

elle14 New Member

SEO is the key. There are many ways to promote your site in free. But there are many ways to increase your traffic. You can participate in social networks like twitter. Or simply focus in off page optimization.[​IMG]
  12. paolo4

paolo4 New Member

Link exchanges and leaving comments on blogs with your url are another method.
  13. HarryJackson

HarryJackson New Member

On page and off page seo activities are key to promote website..Normally off page activities like directories submission,blog commenting,article writing,press releases,forums all these helps to gain PR...
  14. HarryJackson

HarryJackson New Member

Article submission,directories submission,blogs,forums all these will help you to promote your web site
  15. JoelCowen

JoelCowen New Member

All think all of these are great, one thing I would add would be to make sure market on a consistent basis.

To your freedom and success,

Joel
  16. drankins

drankins New Member

Writing articles is the best way that I know of getting free traffic and some good backlinks, I use a ghostwriter myself, as I am still trying to write my very first article.

I can turn you own to a pretty good ghostwriter who is very cheap, I hope that I can post this here if not please le me know!
  17. paolo4

paolo4 New Member

Do not forget you can get traffic from adswaps and joint ventures too. Keeping your blog updated with new posts bi-monthly will promote your site to a higher ranking in google which will get you more traffic as well. Join social sites and make friends and market your product there as well. Classified ads help too, depending on what you have to sell.
  18. pcwork

pcwork New Member

Getting relevant articles published on high traffic websites helps.
  19. mreb1010

mreb1010 New Member

Another method you could try is www.usfreeads.com They really aren't free if you want to utilize it to its maximum potential. The premium membership is $9.99 a month but you can post very nice ads (unlimited ads) that never expire. Site is very user friendly and can use easy HTML features. Do your keyword research. The key to Usfreeads.com is to use long tailed keywords with not alot of competition. Use Google's Keyword tool (free)
    Hope this helps. Use this with your article marketing, squidoo lens, forum posting etc. When you forward joke emails (if you do) put your link to your website below the joke. That can also get around to alot of people
  20. John Park

John Park New Member

Write articles with the proper KW density. Submit your site to social bookmarking sites. Commit on other peoples articles and blogs leaving your link in the comment box. free classified ads. Press releases. Create a WP blog using a keyworded subdomain. Create an RSS Feed and ping it. Good luck in your ventures.