How To Promote Your Website On NO Budget or Very Small Cost

Discussion in 'General Marketing' started by sjames23, Aug 26, 2009.

1. mirab

mirab New Member

I think thats good for them to crack down. Every time I post something for sale on craigs list I imediately get spammed by marketers who somehow know how to get everybody's emails off there.
    I have to use a separate email account on craigs list.
  2. Lucky1

Lucky1 New Member

I don't use spam services, just want to promote my site with the ada. If they get interested they can click on the link to make it easier on them. Isn't that the idea of the world wide web anyway? Any who, craigslist and others disagree with this approach. Don't know why :-/
  3. Lucky1

Lucky1 New Member

I did find certain sites that allowed me to place my ad, including a link to direct them to my online business. Anybody interested in knowing these sites, just ask and I'll follow up. I noticed that there seems to be alot of people that are familiar with online marketing.
  4. mirab

mirab New Member

craigslist just doesn't like mlm or networking type businesses and I don't blame them.
    I have put links to some of my sites with no problem but anything with dollars falling from the sky stuff is frowned on..
  5. Lucky1

Lucky1 New Member

Really? Cuz my website is not the kind that offers overnight millions or any offer to make money, but still got removed.
  6. MakeMuchMoney3

MakeMuchMoney3 New Member

I think it's a great id?©a. But I live in a small town in Sweden so I don't think it is going to work out here [​IMG]
  7. mirab

mirab New Member

Lucky1: Really? Cuz my website is not the kind that offers overnight millions or any offer to make money, but still got removed.
    Could be that someone reported you. That happens a lot their too. People can be buttheads on craigslist.
  8. bzimm

bzimm New Member

Instead of flyers on the cars, you can use cork boards and put flyers or business cards that you made up. There are tons of cork boards everywhere. Belive it or not, those signs you see stuck in the ground all over the place will bring some traffic if you have a decent looking sign and you can make them yourself.

Don't forget about the free adds you can place in the back of many local publications as well.
  9. mjahowe

mjahowe New Member

Using free advertising is sometimes tough...
    I have used Craigslist with very little results.
    However, I got a nice, BIG sale off of a tweet I did on twitter!

You can also use list services like ListJoe and Viral URL. You can use ListJoe for free, although they will still ask you to upgrade to a membership...but you can send out email ads for free even with their free membership.

My best strategy has been to try to develop relationships with people through social networking sites rather than try to market or advertise at them...

Just a suggestion...
  10. newcash101

newcash101 New Member

If you are in the green then keep doing it. [​IMG]
  11. plrwithalex

plrwithalex New Member

Flyers is an "out of the box" idea, that's great to be creative. I'm in a more rural area so I do most of my marketing online. I agree with mjahowe - creating a relationship with your customers works the best in the long run.
  12. Jean LA

Jean LA New Member

Yes, free advertising is tough but with all the tihngs in this world, those free ones requires work. Just do it and you will succeed.
  13. idealadchoice

idealadchoice New Member

I don't think I would be putting paper other peoples windshields. It's tacky! I believe their are better ways to promote a business like placing business cards on cork-boards or you could get permission from your barber. I have never got a sale but I know people where taking my business cards.

My Favorite is Educational Marketing! It's easier to promote and I get lots of results. I don't have to worry about people being negative.

Educational Marketing reduces the FEAR of talking to people because instead of trying to sell something I am teaching them something.
  14. cdsites17

cdsites17 New Member

sjames,

You are the man. That is how you bring home the bacon. If someone doesn't like the flyer in the windshield, they can throw it away. I can see how some can get annouyed by this though.

I totally agree with all of those in favor of offline marketing. When you do things like flyers, drop cards (business cards), bandit signs, and door hangers you can get just as much or more of a response as online marketing. The point is that people have it in their hand and aren't distracted by all kinds of ads on the same page they are looking at. It has focused their attention and you have more of a chance with that person in that regard.

Another great tip is to use bullentin boards with tear off strips of your website you are promoting.

Or you can try a toll free number on a yard sign with a simple advertisement. When the person calls it you explain your business/product on a recorded message. After that you can tell them to call your cell or just visit your site and check it out.

Remember the roots of marketing friends!!!
  15. msdiva632

msdiva632 New Member

Hi Guys,

I am MsDiva and I am new at all of this. How can I direct lots of free traffic to my website online without spending lots and lots of unfruitful time?
  16. radhoedt

radhoedt New Member

When it comes to offline marketing, I drop business cards at lunch counters, phone booths(if you can find one anymore!) or wherever I see people congregate. Getting the word out is all there is.
  17. cdsites17

cdsites17 New Member

msdiva,

If you are just getting started I hope that you have found a place to get some good information about affiliate marketing. If you want to spend a little bit of money to learn you can. But I suggest you go to clickbank and start reading about how everything works with that and read as much as you can on this website.

A good way to direct traffic is to sign up with ezine articles and follow their guidance with the tips and emails they send you. You may find success with this.

good luck
  18. DwayneZ

DwayneZ New Member

This kind of offline marketing is also great. You can have a little spark of traffic to your main site doing this as most car owners have internet access. [​IMG]
  19. radhoedt

radhoedt New Member

Thank you for your insights. I am trying to get the hang of the Clickbank system. It figures that as soon as I get interested in some type of venture, my primary business (truck driving) starts to pick up! For now I will concentrate on off-line promoting of my site and look forward to doing some on-line marketing in the future.

I am excited to get this new business off the ground!
  20. talfighel

talfighel Silver Member

Hi sjames23,

I personally hate when someone puts a flyer on my car. I think that many do too but if it works for you and is making you money, then why not.

You can also have someone make you a sticker and put in on your car so that when you hit a car jam on the highway, people will see it and some will even write it down to check it out. It is a NUMBERS game.

Tal