How To Rank High On Youtube - Full Tutorial

Discussion in 'General Marketing' started by PeterMFL, Mar 2, 2014.

1. PeterMFL

PeterMFL Active Member

As many of you know YouTube is an amazing way to advertise your opportunity to get more leads. The reason why YouTube is so powerful is because people can really see the type of person you are which allows them to connect with you on a higher level.

Let’s take a look at the factors that affect your Videos Ranking.

1. How long the Video is viewed for.

2. How many Likes it has.

3. How many Views it has.

4. How often people add it to their Favorites.

5. Publishing content regularly.

6. Good Title, Description and Keywords.

7. Relevant Tags.

8. Annotations that drive traffic to other videos, playlists, channels or subscriptions.

9. Placing Videos in Playlists.

10. The more Comments the better.

Let’s take a look at the factors that are within your control more closely.

Publishing content regularly:
    Publishing content regularly is very important if you want to have a successful YouTube channel because not only does it improve your ranking, but by being an active member you will increase the amount of subscribers you have.
    The more people that follow you the more leads you will get!

Good Title, Description and Keywords:
    A good Title is also very important because even if your video does rank on the first page of YouTube, without a good eye-catching Title people will not click on it.
    Think of a different Title which will make it to stand out from the rest of the videos on YouTube.

The Description should be a short overview to your video.
    You should always include the Title in the Description at least once!

Your Keywords are the words that you are trying to Rank High for.

Relevant Tags:
    The tags should be kept specific and relevant to your keywords.
    Tags should be the words that you think people are going to use for their search and these should not be placed individually.

For Example:
    Incorrect Tagging: MyFunLife, Review, Best
    Correct Tagging: MyFunLife Review, Best MyFunLife Review

The more Comments the better:
    The way to build more comments is to simply respond to people that have commented on your video.
    Building comments very early also helps increase your ranking.

How to See Hidden YouTube Tags:
    Please note that even though I am using Firefox to show this, it can also be done using Google Chrome and other internet browsers by following the same concept.

1. Go to the video whose tags you want to see.

2. Right-click on the white area and select ‘View Page Source’.

3. Click on ‘Edit’ located at the top and select ‘Find’.
    Alternatively you can use a shortcut by pressing Ctrl+F on your keyboard.

4. Type in keywords and press Enter on your keyboard.

You will now be able to see some of the Tags that are being used on that video.
    However, if the video has a lot of Tags then they will not all be shown here.

To see all of the YouTube Tags press Enter on your keyboard in the search field once more. Now next to “keywords” you will be able to see all of the YouTube Tags for that video.

2. robinincarolina

robinincarolina Silver Member

I love Youtube and it has done wonders for my business. For those that are intimidated by it, face your fears and just do it. It brings lots of traffic to my sites and I often get contacted there for one on one coaching which is another stream of income for me! :)

3. talfighel

talfighel Silver Member

YouTube is a good way to promote your business but never rely on them. There are many stories where YouTube deleted accounts.

You need to have multiple places getting you traffic each day. Whether it is pay per click, high traffic websites, forum marketing, traffic from your blog, etc.

Shay Kaay likes this.
  4. PeterMFL

PeterMFL Active Member

Accounts are only deleted if the rules are broken and if you continue to steal other peoples videos and use copyrighted material ;)
    People build whole businesses using just YouTube

5. MelindaCaldwell

MelindaCaldwell New Member

I love YouTube. I generated my first $10,000 online from YouTube alone. I have had an account deleted that basically put me back thousands because they were generating tons of affiliate money in tools and programs that I was promoting. I had someone continue to flag my content that was only helpful in nature, but if someone constantly flags, they will delete your account. So please be careful. Now, I have about six YouTube accounts and I spread my video out constantly.

Thanks so much for the originator's post. I am always looking for more things that I can add to my video regimen to up my viewers, subscribers and rankings!

payment proof and PeterMFL like this.
  6. Chris Del

Chris Del New Member

Great post! Thanks :)

7. payment proof

payment proof Active Member

8. Dereco Cherry

Dereco Cherry Member

Youtube is a great place to market yourself but like Melinda said it would be wise to spread your content out and not put all of your eggs in one basket. I have seen a lot of top marketers get their accounts shutdown because of people flagging their stuff. Youtube really needs to take a look at the policy because it's just to easy for someone to get an account shutdown for no reason at all.

payment proof likes this.
  9. Tina Sassy

Tina Sassy New Member

10. AnneSamantha

AnneSamantha Member

11. AnneSamantha

AnneSamantha Member

That was a good introduction to you tube I have a few videos up but thank you. I just find them fun to make

12. snv4559

snv4559 New Member

Neat!

13. Conor Doherty

Conor Doherty New Member

Keyword research is a huge key to ranking on Youtube. If you're just going to make videos and not include keywords in your title, description, tags, and even file name, then you're almost wasting your time because no one will find your videos. Great post here!

Dereco Cherry likes this.
  14. OmarS.K

OmarS.K Member

To profit from your YouTube campaigns, you need to make very wise decisions and come up with a strategy. The more unique you are, the more your chances of making good amounts using this channel.

15. milai404

milai404 New Member

good tips, tnx for share mate , im on timeshare attorney business and i would like to boost my services, tnx

16. shubha

shubha New Member

Good points you have mentioned .
    Providing quality video is very important .
    Otherwise visitor gets bored and searches for other videos .
    video time is also important.

17. alannah gibney

alannah gibney New Member

I haven't try YouTube for my business yet but I think this is really a great help for traffic and conversion :) I think
    it will always depend on your niche on how you are going to present you video. It's a big factor also to consider what audience would you like.

18. BranTheMan

BranTheMan New Member

Social Signals are one of the key factors I've found. YouTubes algorithm knows how many times a video has been shared on Facebook, Twitter, LinkedIn ect... which let's them know that the video has a lot of talk around it.

Likes, Social signals and a HIGH retention watch time. All key.

19. adamp

adamp New Member

If your video gets views and engagement, then that in itself is enough to rank. I have one video with no SEO done but it is almost at 90,000 in a not so exciting niche.

Great points in the OP.

2 more free tips:

a) Add one nonsensical tag to all videos to ensure your own videos appear on the right-hand side more often than not.

b) Clear enticing thumbnail. Close up facial shots and clear wording work well. I have tutorials on this on YT, but not sure the etiquette of this forum re: link posting so will refrain for now.