How To Start Our Own Ezine?

Discussion in 'Website Promotion' started by lejla, Aug 7, 2010.

1. lejla

lejla New Member

I am wondering if anybody has any experience with ezine/newsletter and overall if somebody has any advice on how to get started with our own ezine.

Thans.
  2. mountainmom5

mountainmom5 Gold Member

The way I do it is by collecting emails thru an opt-in form on my website then sending out an ezine or newsletter every so often to them.

About the only way I know to do it effectively, is to start building a list of subscribers that WANT to read your ezine by either offering a free report on something or simply by asking them to subscribe to your ezine.

I use SBI (SiteBuildIt) to build my website and that all comes along with it, but you can also use Awebber or something like that to collect your emails and send out ezines, I think.

It's just another really great feature of SBI.[​IMG]
  3. talfighel

talfighel Silver Member

I have my own website where I collect emails of people. This is done by offering them something and they have the option to subscribe to my newsletter.

When people do subscribe to your newsletter, you will not only want to send them your own affiliate links but you will also want to send them good content like articles that talk about your niche topic.

I use Getresponse.com right now and have been for a few years and they are very good and very affordable.

Tal
  4. lejla

lejla New Member

What I was thinking was how you go about creating it. Do you need any software and which one you use. What about content creation?

Thanks!
  5. markdudek

markdudek New Member

Hi Lejla,

There's a reasonably good free newsletter template here : http://www.wordautomation.com/openoffice_templates.html
    (click and download the newsletter template.)

Just install OpenOffice (also free) and the template will work with OpenOffice Writer.

Haven't used it myself, but it looks well designed and easy to customise.

Regarding content, most stuff at usa.gov is public domain, so you can copy and use it, or rewrite it. Also, read through relevant topics at forums like this one. You can't use other people's words, but it will give you inspiration for what to write. Works for me [​IMG]

Hope this helps!

Kind Regards,
    Mark.
  6. woody821

woody821 Guest

Nice info these answers helped me out also [​IMG]
  7. onedumbaussie

onedumbaussie New Member

G'day
    Use freelancers to write your content for you, you can get articles for under $5 each that are original.

ezines are easy to compile and are very effective at keeping in touch with your audience, I like them because they have been helping people make money for a long time.

Good luck with your ezine

ODA