How to stay focused and motivated

Discussion in 'Productivity and Motivation' started by work2bfree, Aug 13, 2007.

1. work2bfree New Member

I tend to be a negative person. It wasn't until I started spending time working on a home-based business that I learned about reading and listening to motivational books and cd's, respectively. I just watched the DVD called 'The Secret" and I am currently reading a book called "Conquer Fear" by Lisa Jimenez. Doing a little bit of this at least 15 to 30 minutes everyday helps to negate some of the obstacles you will face in life as you try and establish a home-based business or life in general. Here is something I heard recently a successful doctor said his grandmother told him.

"Respect my dreams because they are blueprints for a pathway to Success"

Thanks for letting me share...

Yours in Success,
    Lawren

[Signature removed - Admin]
  2. aplina New Member

when am feeling very negative. l say to my self am not a bad person, am agood person, God loves. 10 TIMES. THIS HELP ME EVERY TIME
  3. CSGWAHM New Member

I like that quote! I believe in dreaming and having goals, it gives you something to strive for, othewise you become stagnant. I love listening and reading self-help, motivational type things. I've been told I'm too nice and don't live in reality because of how positive I am. I'm just naturally that way. I'm also more about finding a solution than complaining about things. I tell people who question how positive and happy I am, why would it hurt me to be positive when the other alternative is to be negative and unhappy????

Aplina.....I like what you say to yourself, I'm glad you find comfort in that.
  4. MISongbird New Member

Wasn't "The Secret" DVD wonderful! I had my whole family watch it. I was so jazzed after watching it that I now believe I can do anything I want to do. I watched it a 2nd time and wrote down what I was grateful for, and what I wanted my life to look like...car, house, where I lived, what I was doing, etc. I plan to watch the DVD again tomorrow. It really helps me become focussed, goal driven, and positive! I only wish they offered an affiliate program!
  5. ka7952 New Member

Post a message to motivate you in front of mirror.

One will never change until the pain of staying the same is more unbearable than the pain from making change.
  6. costainternet New Member

It is important to identify any negative thought patterns that you have on a regular basis. Once you have identified them, create an affirmation that is the opposite of the negative thought. Whenever the negative thought starts running through your mind replace it with the alternative psotive thought.

The first step is becoming aware of the negative thought patterns.

The second step is to change the negative program into positive one.

The third step is to recognize when we are running negative self defeating programs and replace them with new program.

In order to change the old patterns you need to actively create new patterns and IMPLEMENT them on a regular basis.
  7. dreed New Member

Because I work a regular job and I am also trying learn how to make money online, I have to stay focused because of the little time I have to devote to my "marketing". I usually write down three things I want to accomplish online the first thing in the morning when I get up. That way when I do get home after my day job I already have my action plan for the day. It works for me.
  8. happywife Gold Member

dreed,

Good idea. I used to use lists regularly, especially when I was in Bible college. There was just no time to get things done if I didn't stay focused. Lists were my lifeline. Besides, I loved crossing things off. It gave me a real sense of accomplishment.

Thanks for the reminder. I need to get back into writing my lists for the day. I know I would get a lot more done if I did. [IMG]
  9. Brooke New Member

Thanks for the tip dreed I forget everything so I'm always writing lists, but I never thought to write a list of my online goals for the day. Good idea.

BTW Happywife your site looks great, the insurance one. I saw the "before" and now the "after".

I'm still working with SBI. I finally found a niche, actually two. So I'm stuck on which to do first.
  10. happywife Gold Member

Thanks Brooke,

I still have a long way to go with that one, but it is framing out nicely. I think I'm going to have to really poor on the pages to make a decent dent in such a competitive niche. My Alexa rank is pretty good, but I still need a lot more content to bring in a decent amount of traffic.

My suggestion is to go with whichever niche is the tightest and least competition. It will be easier for you to "win" for that one and you won't get discouraged as easily. Keep the other one hush-hush. It will be there when you are ready. [IMG]

If they both seem pretty equal in that area, maybe pick the one you are more excited about diving into. Then just, well, dive! [IMG]

Have fun!
  11. pcwork New Member

Quoting: happywifeneed a lot more content to bring in a decent amount of traffic
    How much traffic do you consider as "decent"?
  12. happywife Gold Member

Quoting: pcworkHow much traffic do you consider as "decent"?

You're right. [IMG] "Decent" is such a relative term. I guess it is like riches, you never have enough. Ha ha.

To me, my chocolate site is getting a decent amount of traffic about 500-600 visitors a day this month. My insurance site is only getting about 30-50 visitors today - not decent! [IMG]

Of course, I won't be happy until both sites are getting 1,000+ visitors a day.

I will say this, though. Even at that low traffic level my insurance site is paying for itself already - just. I want it to pay me for my time, too. It will eventually, I have no doubt. Well, very little doubt anyway. [IMG]
  13. mikepressnell New Member

What happened to the orginal topic of this post?

I think that if we can help others to make a difference, then we are different....staying positive.

Help others to achieve their goals and you'll achieve your goals....if the right motivation is there.
  14. cherie27 New Member

As for me, i have a weekly plan to plan what are the things i need to do.
  15. mywirebiz New Member

Dear All, Appreciate your tips a little.

How to really stay focused and motivated at all time? I tend to carry away due to my day work, which get frustrated sometimes. Or is this just another lame execuse? [IMG]

Thanks,
    MWB
  16. RayvinAndRob New Member

Hey everyone,

This forum hosted a contest for the best article regarding how to stay motivated, and the winning article can be read HERE.

Rob Nyte
    TheGuild
  17. Tybask New Member

I am also a great fan of the secret. I am also a firm believer in The Law Of Attraction. Staying mtivated and having a positive mibdset is an essential key factor in any business. I use affirmations to stay positive.
  18. dmitch31 New Member

Can someone tell me what "the secret" DVD is all about and where I can get it? I'm definitely looking for some motivational material right now.

Thanks.
  19. SilverDreams New Member

Dmitch:

go here:

http://www.thesecret.tv

and you can watch it online.

Then... I suggest you find some Dr. Wayne Dyer stuff... he's more "meat and potatos" sort of info compared to the sizzle on the steak that is "The Secret" in my opinion.

Another terrific place is Hayhouseradio.com You'll find some fantastic programming there.

Wishing you the best,

Sally
  20. cebarber2 New Member

You nailed it, Mike. Your #1 goal should be to help as many other people to success. That way, your own success is inevitable.