How to stay focused and motivated

Discussion in 'Productivity and Motivation' started by work2bfree, Aug 13, 2007.

1. EAMS4 New Member

I try to make a work schedule for myself each week to try to stay on track. I do have my blah days; think everybody does.

On my upbeat days I am inspired to write and that is what I work on in terms of articles, postings, lenses (you name it; I will just fly with creative thoughts), and then on those dreary down days where I just can't get going I try to focus on reading articles I had saved during the week, working some traffic exchanges, doing follow-ups.

It all balances out for me in the long run, but you just have to stick with it. Success does not happen overnight for anybody regardless of what they say.

Annie
  2. gradyp New Member

I'll have to admit that because I've been working on a laptop to be able to watch my children in the living room as I do things during the day, my two biggest distractions are the TV and the games like solitaire, minesweeper, and the like. I may get distracted easily, but I just try to limit it to a minute or two before I make another push to finish what I started.

Grady
  3. sprincebiz New Member

Great! Thanks for the all the info guys. I like the idea of writing a list out in the morning before you go to work of what you plan to do that evening. I can't remember who said that but it was someone who has a fulltime job like I do. This list will keep you on track and focused on what you need to do. I also like that success journal--very cool NewDreamBuilder.

Sharon
  4. lukester19 New Member

Take slow steps at. And make goals shorter. Give yourself rewards. I personally take the time to do that and it makes me motivated to move on.
  5. Brenda New Member

This is a rather long post, however if you copy it to your note pad or somewhere you will find yourself going back to it many times.

Exercise:

Take 30 minutes now (and every day from now on) to quietly contemplate the future you wish to create. See it in your minds-eye, affirm it with your thoughts repeatedly and believe into becoming real.

Your current lifestyle is the manifestation of your thoughts, beliefs and actions up to this point in your life. If you have any desire to change and improve your life now, you must begin to think, believe and act differently. As you do this, your world will change in the direction of your new thoughts, beliefs and actions.

Affirm that this is the best business in the world... and it will be so.

Affirm that you have everything that it takes to succeed... and it will be so.

Affirm that people are attracted to you... and it will be so.

Affirm that you have enough money to meet your financial demands... and it will be so.

Affirm that your income is doubling now... and it will be so.

This is not hocus pocus. This is the way the mind works.