How to Take it To the Next Level

Discussion in 'General Advice' started by robinincarolina, Feb 29, 2012.

1. robinincarolina Silver Member

Okay, I have been here 3 years. I am now close to 6 figures, but am stuck. What can I do to take my income to the next level?

So far I have done this via affliate marketing with blogs, squidoo lens, article marketing and video marketing, plus forum posting.

I do have a nice website up, it's a forum with a blog, but it isn't making much money at all. I also have a partner here so not sure if we are on the same page to be honest. She does all the technical aspects. I think this may be my next level, but I am not sure where to go from here.

I want to learn more in essence. Are there any really good programs to teach me some advanced techniques I suppose is my question.
  2. talfighel Silver Member

Is affiliate marketing all that you do Robin?

You can take your income to the next level by maybe creating your own clickbank product and getting lots of affiliate to promote for you.

You could also get into MLM and build multiple incomes with different companies. If you do decide to go this way, work with one program at a time and when that program brings you a few hundreds of dollars per month, start with a new one.
  3. robinincarolina Silver Member

Thank you! I am creating my own product and have a couple of ebooks out that haven't had a lot of success. Perhaps marketing techniques for my products is where I need mentoring. Where do I get that?

Yes, affiliate marketing is all that I do. I have a block about the MLM thing based on a bad experience or two with it, but who knows, it's something to consider, but it would have to be a product I used and strongly could recommend.
  4. Matt Zenittini Silver Member

robinincarolina: Yes, affiliate marketing is all that I do. I have a block about the MLM thing based on a bad experience or two with it, but who knows, it's something to consider, but it would have to be a product I used and strongly could recommend.
    MLM is definitely a good way to take it to the next level. I disagree with multiple MLMs though just because you can always keep building the same MLM.

I get the concept, if one MLM were to somehow die you would have backup $$.

Choose your first MLM wisely and you won't have that problem. Also if you find a way to build a team in your MLM and your MLM dies you can choose a new MLM with your team and keep your structure.

If you want to get to the BIG money in MLM I recommend you stick with one. Even Donald Trump stuck with one business until he made it super successful!

The level you are in in affiliate marketing is much higher than most people make it to. Especially inside of 3 years. Congratulations!

The MLM business model was built for long term residuals. I think if you found something you really liked you could do well with it =].

I found mine when I was looking for the product. Then I started taking the product and learned about the bizopp.

It worked for me!

I think outsourcing could help take your affiliate marketing business to the next level by making it scalable. John Reese has a good course on it. I'm not sure if it's still available to the public or not.

Matt
  5. FreeCashMan Active Member

It seems you do mainly online marketing. Have you looked into offline marketing to take things to another level in your biz?

One thing about MLM is it will give you more leverage income wise than affiliate marketing, but they are not really the same type of "animal" to wrestle with.

However diversified income streams is the way to go. The same as people market multiple affiliate offers, it makes sense to apply that to ones mlm ventures. One company is cool as long as things are great, but just like with affiliate offers, things can and do change. You cover yourself by not having you business all in one basket in which the bottom can fall through.

Matt's a stud with his business but I have to strongly discourage anyone from just doing one business. And it doesn't take much to do 2-3 at the same time. Granted one may get the bulk of one's attention, but having multiple income streams is wisdom, in my book.
  6. CJConsulting New Member

Robin, I have found that creating groups in Facebook and participating on pages within my niche has given me a wealth of contacts and opportunities that I would not have been able to find otherwise. Social media has truly been amazing to me.

Are you leveraging this in your business?

Blessings,
    Christi J.
  7. WahIdeas New Member

My advice and what has worked best for me, especially if you derive most of your income from affiliate marketing, is to cut the middle man out and construct a direct business relationship with the merchant. Tough and time consuming, but well worth the effort! Good luck [IMG]
  8. A8ch Gold Member

robinincarolina: Okay, I have been here 3 years. I am now close to 6 figures, but am stuck. What can I do to take my income to the next level?

So far I have done this via affliate marketing with blogs, squidoo lens, article marketing and video marketing, plus forum posting.
    First let my congratulate you on being "stuck" close to 6 figures. It's not so uncomfortable a place to be, is it! [IMG]

A solution that can get you into 6 figures may be staring you right in the face. Write a detailed "system" that reveals how to use affiliate marketing, blogs, squidoo lenses, article marketing and video marketing to generate a high 5-figure income. Essentially you'd be reporting on how you did it.

You could package it as an ebook AND a video course and promote them in a number of ways:

1. As an ebook... and use the video course as an upsell
    2. As an ebook for one price... as a video course for a higher price... as a package for a price in between.

Give it a fancy name...

The Cockrell Marketing Method: How to Earn a 5-Figure Income Using Only Free Marketing Methods!
    (I'm sure you could be more creative than that, but you get the idea.)

Then, when your income jumps into the 6-figure realm, you could replicate the process and write a sequel:

Upper Level Marketing: How to Blast Your Income to Six Figures for Free!

Food for thought!

Hermas
  9. aaronempowered New Member

Wow you're doing awesome! Most people don't make a dollar, let alone reach the six figure mark.

Ultimately every successful internet marketer discusses how what really expanded their business, not just addition but multiplication, was outsourcing. Look up Tyrone Shum. He's all about outsourcing, is a successful and known internet marketer who specializes in outsourcing, and best of all if you check his Youtube channel you can find free videos on how to go about doing it.

If you outsource what you're doing right now through 10 people, you'll be making almost 10 times the money doing what you already know works, yet spending no additional time working.
  10. mountainmom5 Gold Member

What if you chose an entirely different niche and did it all over again..? [IMG]
  11. robinincarolina Silver Member

Great ideas! Thank you all. I think creating a newbie product like A8ch suggested is my next venture. The technical aspects of actually putting it together intimidate me a bit, but so did all of this from the beginning.

Yes mountainmom5 another niche and do it all over again.
  12. WahIdeas New Member

Also, do you use paid advertising such as PPC, contextual and banner adverts on similar websites to drive more traffic and sales? While the margins may be a bit thinner, it can still increase your net take home pay if done properly...
  13. everythingsimpl New Member

If you created a product showing how you got close to 6 figures I am sure that would take you to the next level. If it had good content I would def buy it to learn more.
  14. OnePennyKing New Member

Hello Robin - Lots of great ideas here! Duplicating your results within a new niche could be smart, as well as taking a look at moving into the eBook phase. Affiliatizing your eBook or other products/services might also be a good addition.

What about compounding that money daily? This is what we found as a fantastic addition to what we were doing...

Looking forward to whatching what you decide to do and to follow along and see what happens next. Whatever you do, I wish you success!
  15. nalced New Member

I think it's incredible at the limited mindset of a lot of marketers out there today trying to make a six figure income. This can be easily achieved within six months. Actually, I use the term "marketers" very loosely here because any well established marketer can create a six figure income in just a few short months.

Creating content for squidoo lenses, blogs and the likes is just not the way to approach online marketing. How many people are struggling to make a six figure income online? Now ask yourself "what are these people doing every day in their internet marketing career?"

They are all doing the same bloody thing, hence the reason they fail miserably.

This is not very hard guys...

The truth is, affiliate marketing is very difficult and time consuming when you are implementing the wrong strategies. The fastest way to making money online is this...

1) Set up an autoresponder

2) Create a high value product to promote

3) Set up a squeeze page to capture leads & an authority personal branded website to build rapport (have an opt-in on your authority site also)

4) Drive paid traffic to that squeeze page through solo, ezine and banner advertising
    Drive free traffic to your authority site through social, article and forum marketing. (you can also drive free traffic to your squeeze page with these methods, as well as classified ads)

5) When you capture email addresses, provide FREE incredible value to that list either through a 7 day video course, an eBook that is guaranteed to provide enormous value, or a quality newsletter that your confident will provide ongoing value

6) Promote the quality product you created or found in step 2, but only after you have built trust by providing INCREDIBLE value for FREE. A solid 7 day video course can effectively do this.

7) If you want to build a relationship with your list that is sustainable, then make sure you provide value first before you try to sell them anything ( you can try to sell early on if you like, but many tests have been done that prove you are far more likely to gain their trust if you provide valuable content first)

8) Send your 'controlled traffic" (your list subscribers) to your authority site regularly to blog posts that are targeted to their needs.

9) Rinse and repeat steps 4, 6 & 8.

Be very consistent with this approach and take massive action every single day. Within 6 months you will have created a sustainable business providing you create a solid relationship with your list.

During this process, focus on implementing the 80/20 rule each and every day. 80% of your time should be focused on taking massive action and 20% for learning how to market effectively. If you think this strategy sounds too difficult to implement, then spend the next couple of years working on trying to create a six figure income, then compare them both.
  16. robinincarolina Silver Member

Great post and advice and funny you should mention limited mindset nalced. Anytime we think that there is only one way to make money or do anything for that matter, our mindset is limited.

There are unlimited ways to skin this cat and to think otherwise is also a limited mindset.
  17. everythingsimpl New Member

nalced
    That was a great post that even helped me to get my head on straight. I think the hardest part is developing what is "valuable" to the subscriber. I definitely need to work on building trust rather than selling selling selling. I get so excited that I get a subscriber and then can barely get them to open an email. Thanks for your post
  18. Brian Snipes New Member

Robin, appears you are doing well.

Have you ever thought about setting up a membership site? Show others how to make money in affiliate marketing.

Chris Farrel is a good example of this.
  19. robinincarolina Silver Member

Update here!

I have joined two mlm opportunities that are very related and can be counter promoted!

I have begun the creation of my own product!

I am also focusing on my year old website that gets tons of traffic but little conversions.

Thank you to all for your great suggestions.

P.S.

I have never uses an autoresponder, never paid for traffic, don't do email marketing and never given much of anything away for free.
  20. Vishal P. Rao Administrator