How to Use Social Media to Find Customers

Discussion in 'General Marketing' started by Rafiqul Islam, Aug 13, 2013.

1. Rafiqul Islam

Rafiqul Islam New Member

Gaining popularity on social media is only half the battle. How do you convert those "Likes" into paying customers?

According to data compiled by Wishpond, a maker of social-media marketing applications, Most of business-to consumer (B2C) marketers have acquired customers through Facebook, Facebook likes, Facebook marketing, Twitter followers, YouTube views while business-to-business (B2B) marketers have found more success on LinkedIn -- finding it as more effective than Facebook or Twitter.

[Links removed - Admin]

Last edited by a moderator: Aug 13, 2013
    payment proof likes this.
  2. drknlvly6781

drknlvly6781 Active Member

Beyond the statistics you posted it actually depends on the content you are putting out there and the relationships that you make on these sites. You can post about your opportunity on FB ad infinitum, and never get a single lead because people perceive you as a sterile business, not an actual person. But those who actually post good thoughtful content on these sites and aren't afraid to show their human side actually get the best results from these places.

Many people actually want to get into business, but what prevents them from doing so is the fact that they don't see anyone "like them" doing it. Not that there aren't any out there, just too many are separating their personal FB from their business Facebook and losing the human side in their posting. People don't join business opportunities, people join PEOPLE!!!

3. payment proof

payment proof Active Member

Social Media is a great way to get the word out and to get high quality targeted traffic. But you need to hustle and make the effort to network and seek out others who may be interested in your product or service. Big companies and corporations already have the brand name recognition that the little guy does not have. The Entrepreneur needs to make more of an effort to get out and meet and greet so to speak.

4. shuvo

shuvo Member

Yea sure social media marketing can help in getting more customers but only when you do it right.In social media its all about engagement.If you can engage with potential people,keep your contribution,solve their problems-then they will eventually convert into your customers.

5. discrat

discrat Member

To be honest most of those social media outlets like Facebook have been a waste of time. Just a big time suck. I concentrate on networking through blogs, Search traffic, referrals from others who visit my blog,, talking on forums , list building , guest blogging and other ways to reach out to people who need some help in my expertise.

FB and Twitter are a waste of time for me. Sorry to rain on anyone's parade

Robert

6. Art

Art Member

The thing with Social Media is that many people can't separate the social and the business aspect of it... They spend hours and hours on facebook but in the end of the day they don't really do anything productive... Like with everything else - you need to have a plan, execute it and avoid distractions! ;)

payment proof likes this.
  7. robinincarolina

robinincarolina Silver Member

I am pretty active on Facebook. I don't post about my opportunity all over the place. Of course I do on occasion, but mostly I just be me there. Like attracts like and I have found that I attract the right people just by being me! It's not rocket science as it is all about relationships in long term success. I think long term satisfaction over instant gratification!

Philip Mueller likes this.
  8. whitney black

whitney black Member

Yes, in general I actually get more views on my Linkedin posts than anywhere else, and it has built in traffic stats, which is great!

9. Arieajiol

Arieajiol New Member

Many people know that social media can attract a huge number of traffic to a particular site. Unfortunately many people don't know how to use it effectively to their advantage. I will share a secret to you how to manipulate social media such as Facebook to draw in potential buyers to your website in a snap.

Email a Facebook message to every each one of your buddies that is added on your friend buddy list or whatever it is called, and ask them if that they can be able to share your website on their Facebook page for everyone to see. And if your friend or whomever responded back to you by saying "Yes," they will cooperate with you, and willing to share your link on their Facebook page, then give them the name of your website for them to post on their Facebook timeline. Do you get what I am saying? This method actually does work. Continue to do this every each month.

Another thing, if you have been diligently marketing your site either on Facebook or somewhere else with no stunning results, then that means either one, the product that you are promoting online isn't that great or there is something wrong with your website that is causing people to walk away from your stuff.

I hope that helps.

Philip Mueller likes this.
  10. riham

riham New Member

starts out sometimes they lose too much money on advertising because not all advertising is created equal. It is hard to find advertising that actually works or "you get what you pay for". There is a learning curve so it is usually better to start with free ways to get organic traffic while you learn what works with paid advertising.

11. AnneSamantha

AnneSamantha New Member

Many people actually want to get into business, but what prevents them from doing so is the fact that they don't see anyone "like them" doing it. Not that there aren't any out there, just too many are separating their personal FB from their business Facebook and losing the human side in their posting. People don't join business opportunities, people join PEOPLE!!!

Hi drknlvly 6781 - I like this idea, I'll bare it in mind on my fan page. I was keeping my fan page maybe too business orientated. Having been in sales for 40 years I get the idea that people sell people.

T

12. ricksalas

ricksalas New Member

Yes, just to help, people have to build relationships by presenting themselves with an expert platform instead of a product platform. People can try to sell something in the back end or funnel but wonder why it doesn't sell. Why they never sell. Because it's the expert platform and getting people to see you in different places online helping people , which creates trust and credibility. By doing it in an expert platform you are then able to get people buying most every product you promote. Sometimes you don't even need a sales page with an expert platform. You can waste more time creating a sales page if you just do a few things on a new platform. But yes, likes don't even matter because some people have filters in place and get most of their best clients from their online content that want to do the work to become successful. They work only with people that buy from what the sales letter says, not the hype and likes created on, say content sharing groups. Some people don't do it and some really can do what they say but most people find anyway they can to get likes but cant get results for others. Just saying. It's a process but not a quick process. It takes time but well worth it. Check out any person who is selling from an expert platform. You'll know right away fro that not their likes or sales page graphics.

Last edited: Nov 17, 2014
  13. Yury

Yury New Member

You cant just use social media as a platform to blast your offer. You need to build a presence and a following. You need to provide value to your followers to the point where they trust you and depend on you for useful information. Only at that point can you present your offer to them because you have built their trust and provided them with "value"

Dereco Cherry likes this.
  14. Dereco Cherry

Dereco Cherry Member

Yury is right you cant just go link slinging your offer all over the place. If that does attract anyone they will not last. You should make sure that you very specific in your marketing and that your offer is congruent with it.

15. nidhish01

nidhish01 New Member

Its simple ...provide discount & offers exclusively to your fb followers ...that way not only your current fb followers will be drawn to you but it will also attract others to join you .

16. Sammy Preston

Sammy Preston New Member

Need a bit of luck with Social media as well. Often the things you think will do well, don't and then something you just throw up there gets it done.

Dereco Cherry and payment proof like this.
  17. payment proof

I hear ya. I've made some posts before that I thought would get very few views and they got tons. And vice-versa. :)

Sammy Preston likes this.
  18. Sammy Preston

Sammy Preston New Member

Its a funny beast... More art than science.

Biggest reach was a video of my young niece, dropping an expletive laden rant... Thousands of shares and a very angry sister of mine!

payment proof and Dereco Cherry like this.
  19. payment proof

20. jeffreysloe

jeffreysloe Member

Since it's been a year and a half since Rafiqul posted this message, either he is making a lot of money and can't be bothered with this forum, or he gave up and quit. Now why would anyone quit? I would guess because it takes hard work to build relationships, make friends, build a business and make money. Nothing happens overnight! Hard work pays off!

I agree with many of the comments within this thread, you have to build relationships and you have to be yourself. You are marketing "You, Inc", you are the company you're promoting. So, its best to be yourself, have a plan and work that plan. BUT never just spew your opportunity all over everyone. Get to know the people, and engage with them. People are very wise now-a-days.

Rafiqul, if your still with us, let us know how it's going. There are a lot of great nuggets of wisdom within this thread. One thing you have to do to succeed, is never give up!

Just2EZ likes this.