Hubpages vs Squidoo

Discussion in 'Squidoo' started by johnwill65, Jun 13, 2010.

1. yahia

yahia Member

robinincarolina: I find Squidoo more user friendly for the technically challenged like myself or maybe it's just more familiar to me.
    Haven't seen you for a long time Robin. [​IMG]

Actually for technically challenged people hubpages is easier. On hubpages you have a WYSIWYG html editor, while on squidoo you need to code it yourself.

It's the hubpages year now, as I said somewhere else, we don't fall in love with the tools, if they change we change our priorities accordingly.

2. RashmiP

RashmiP Guest

Both squidoo and hubpages are nice sites to promote your business, only thing required is use them sensibly and read/research well before posting.

3. j11_cook

j11_cook New Member

I like Squidoo and Ezine, but I am not familiar with HubPages. I have heard of it before from other forums, but I have never tried it out.

4. wlrahilly

wlrahilly New Member

I think they are both good. I use to use Squidoo more but now I use Hubpages on the topics that are not allowed on Squidoo.. both are good for ranking in search engines and both give good link juice. [​IMG]

5. luxe

luxe New Member

Squidoo is my favorite I have been using it for 3 years now with great results. I recently started using hubpages and the first hub i wrote was considered too promotional...

6. candy3

candy3 New Member

I write and distribute articles for a company that uses both. I usually post on the same topics to both sites and just change up the articles a bit so I agree that you should just use both - Why not?

7. woody821

woody821 Guest

Can someone fill me in on what both of these are [​IMG]

8. HopeIsFree

HopeIsFree New Member

Squidoo is fun, but Hubpages allows you to place a widget on your website, and every time you submit an article on Hubpages, the widget is automatically updated! I like that. I think Hubpages gets better rankings as well. But both are fun and free, so why do you HAVE to choose? Use both, just write different articles and submit! Have fun with it.

9. LovelyxOdd

LovelyxOdd New Member

I've only recently discovered Squidoo and have written 2 lenses. I've heard of but not used Hubpages. When I did my researching, most people praised Squidoo above all associated content type sites.

10. bhuff85

bhuff85 New Member

Not a huge fan of Hubpages. Squidoo seems to have more flexibility, as well as more "curb appeal" in my eyes. Tons of different ready made modules are available at Squidoo, making it more of a "plug and play" system. Hubpages just seems too bland for my taste, which is why I don't use it much.

11. Rach72

Rach72 New Member

Hubpages just got hit with the latest Google Algo change so their ranking has dropped quite dramatically

Squidoo seemed to miss that cut and are still doing OK

(their lens' look a lot nicer when finished too!)

12. Bubblez

Bubblez New Member

I have been a member of Squidoo for a while now and I'm not sure if I like it yet. I have so much stuff going on right now and I'm trying to find the quickest ways to make money. I have a list of sites to check out and hopefully earn money from, but not enough time in the day to check in with all of them.

It's always tough finding new jobs!

13. Dr_Boo

Dr_Boo New Member

Anyone know how important it is to have fully unique content on your lenses and hubs if you use both? That is, will Google slap you for having essentially the same pages on both sites?

If it wouldn't take much effort to make each sufficiently unique, it seems like it would be a no-brainer to use both. It would increase your chances of getting seen, not to mention double the backlinks if that's what you're using it for.

14. sasta10

sasta10 New Member

I have been using hubpages for more thank 1 year and find it very useful to find information on any subject. With hubpages you can create your hubs very easily. I have only done 1 post in squidoo and I find it confusing but I will still use it and get more used to it. Thanks.

15. Jenny Writes

Jenny Writes New Member

These two works well. Been using it long before. Just don't choose one, use them both.

-Jennifer

16. miller111

miller111 New Member

I side with Jennifer. Squidoo and Hubpages are decent services. You can also try to write for HARO.

17. Agnes Galinato

Agnes Galinato New Member

Will use both. Still working on how to write contents.

18. Adrian

Adrian Member

I personally prefer Hubpages. I have used them in the past and have actually generated some adsense revenue from them. I also find hubpages more user friendly and more interactive,you can also add videos into your post.
    Not to say squidoo isn't a good place to post but,I find hubpages traffic to convert better. As well as a good place to start
    if you want to generate ADSENSE revenue.

Hope this helps:)

19. YAGOOFT

YAGOOFT Active Member

Interesting,

I have used both, and like everthing on the internet, it is a fast moving target, and what use to work yesterday does not mean it will work tomorrow. I started with Squidoo when it was launched, and it worked great, but with Google attack on indexing sites, it stopped getting indexed and my sites were lost in cyberspace. Moved to Hubpages, got intitial good results, but now all my Hubpages have vanished from Google organic search. I had a few Hubpages which were on first page of Google, so it was worth it, but not anymore.

Same is true with most strategies to get your blogs or classifieds indexed, Google is ignoring all of them now it seems. I had so many of my posts, blogs and sites indexed, and they have all vanished with Google's last changes, first Panda and then Penquin, never mind Gorilla. lol To much time was spent on these strategies only to see it all go to waste demands new strategies.

Good luck to all,

20. WRuen

WRuen New Member

I use both. But I more prefer to Squidoo.