I am interested in starting a link posting site.

Discussion in 'Website Promotion' started by mummala, Jan 21, 2008.

1. mummala

mummala New Member

So I know that many people like to get traffic to their websites through posting their link on various sites. One example would be linkreferral.com. I am interested in starting a website for people to do this. I was wondering what everyone thought about this. I will be offering both free and paid options. Of course, the paid options will get placed in better sections on the site. For instance, I will have a page for people to promote their links and page for people to promote the sites through banners and the paid people will be on the top of the page as featured members and the free members will be a bit lower. I want everyone to be able to promote themselves for free, however, I am hoping that I can have this as a way to make some extra money. I decided that I will not charge a lot and will base the pay on either daily, weekly, monthly or yearly posting. Please let me know what you all think and I will definitely keep you all updated on my progress!
  2. mountainmom5

mountainmom5 Gold Member

I think it's a great idea although I have no idea how a person goes about it!

I have learned a lot in the last year about internet marketing but some things are still 'greek' to me[​IMG]

But I will be watching for any updates on it..

Viola
  3. mummala

mummala New Member

Yea, that is part of my problem. I mean I have a basic idea on how to do it. But I will have to do everything on my own. I will have to place the ads myself and everything. I am not a wiz on designing and running websites. I know the basic principles but still..! Hopefully I can figure it out. I am sure as time goes on I will figure things out
  4. mountainmom5

mountainmom5 Gold Member

I'm sure you will!

We are in internet marketing where the 'tough and successful' never give up - eh??[​IMG]
  5. Vishal P. Rao

Vishal P. Rao Administrator Staff Member

While it's a good concept, the toughest job is to build popularity and traffic to your site. No body would want a link on a site that is not popular.
  6. mummala

mummala New Member

right..that is one of my biggest obstacles! ahh! i will have to get people to come ot my site.
  7. pcwork

pcwork New Member

You can use the PHPLD software, it is free and you can manage links easily
  8. mummala

mummala New Member

ok. do you happen to know where I can get that? I already have a basic website set up and was going to start promoting it sometime this week but if I can get that software, I will delay the promotion until everything is totally done.
  9. dvduval

dvduval New Member

Hi, I just spotted this post. You can get it at phplinkdirectory.com

Thanks for recommending our software, pcwork. [​IMG]
  10. xeonkar007

xeonkar007 New Member

Believe it or not this a COOL Concept... But But you need to work very hard... My sincere suggestion, Outsource the Tech work.... it is cheap and also keeps you focussed on marketing and other important activities and also on your strengths....[​IMG]

hope this helps thanks and take care

WHY this concept will work... because people are lazy and they want shortcuts.. push button solutions....[​IMG]

take care and all the best
  11. mummala

mummala New Member

Ok! So I have a basic site set up for now. I could get things up and running. This is the first place that I am promoting my site, so go take a look and let me know what you think. I am aware that so much m ore could be done, but I still believe that for now this could work well. Thanks!

[Link removed - Admin]
  12. moneymakerblogs

moneymakerblogs New Member

I would definitely recommend php link directory mentioned above. The paid version is better and is only $25 if you maintain their footer link, but you can start with the free version and see how you like it. there's an option in built for featured links and you can price those higher than regular links. You should check it out.
  13. PMHayes

PMHayes New Member

I'm not a big fan of paying more for so called featured or upgraded links. In my experience, all you need is a simple text link from a decent PR page. The more of those you have the better you will do with Google. Sure, you may get some hits and visits from those links, but that is not the real value of the links. The real value is the gradually increasing number of backlinks to your website and the gradual increase in page rank in Google and Alexa. IMHO.
  14. organelle67

organelle67 New Member

Excellent idea, and you can and WILL find a way to do it. Actually were are creating a link page via this very forum and post! So your site may get some good hits.
  15. talfighel

talfighel Silver Member

It is going to be very hard for you because your site is not popular but I really think that once you get the ball rolling, more and more people will come to your site and post their links. It can snowball and become bigger and bigger each and ever month.
  16. stellaandreapar

stellaandreapar New Member

Strive to make your website popular too. You have a lot of things that should be done in this area.