I am looking for peer reviews of the AGEL Business Opportunity.

Discussion in 'Business Opportunities and Programs Reviews' started by Alan, Jan 31, 2006.

1. goldlightening_1

goldlightening_1 New Member

Well hello all,
    I have been sitting back here , just laughing my head off at all the negativity about Agel or MLM for that matter.
    I am 36 , a stay at home mum , and i have only been in the marketing industry for 3 years, but i know that MLM businesses do work , and only work by putting effort into them , some more so than others.
    I also just wanted to say that , if you guys that are against Agel had any idea on how it works , you would of joined the business by now . So if i was yourself , i,d be quiet as you seem to have no idea how it works, your making an idiot out of yaself..
    Well i better go i have a presentation to go to, and a few to catch up with , these sizzle cards are awsome by the way .
    I Am Agel.

Lisa

[email protected] [​IMG]
  2. nofreeride

nofreeride New Member

Lisa, I'm not even going to bother b/c you obviously haven't truly "read" the messages and I'm exhausted having to repeat myself over, and over, and over, and over, and oveeerrr again! So come up wih a new one, okay!! I challenge you to find a quote in ANY of my messages that says Agel sucks or that MLM sucks. You obviously are not understanding the true meaning of what my messages entail. As for idiots, you just made one of yourself! Your ignorant and shallow and if you had read my messages you would have seen that I did join Agel. I like network marketing. I'm just burned out dealing with dishonest companies and pushy people like yourself. Let me guess...God gave you this company and you pray before all of your meetings, George Bush is awesome, and your going to be a millionaire in 2 years. I know, I know...I've heard it all a dozen times and lost probably $50,000 or more trusting naive people just like you. So save me your PMA speech and go suck down another gel pack! Promagi is on target. Look for leaders, offer people an opportunity and then shut up. Because the odds are against you. More people fail then succeed in MLM. You might be one of the lucky few, but if I bet against you at Vegas, I would win more often than not. Now, if you want to misconstrue that statement, go for it, but stay out of this arena with me b/c I have intently pursued MLM since 1994 without success. It probably has been the wrong companies...this is true. However, my perception is mine and you will not change that. On the other hand, I have been very successful in the private arena. I would put my bank account up to 99% of the population. Do you realize that even Kiosaki does not do MLM even though he promotes it? Why do you think that is? Is Agel a good company? Perhaps. Noone is knocking it, but if you go after your business like you are on the holy grail then the majority of people will interpret your enthusiasm with schizophrenia rather than excitement! Last, Agel has not even been around for three years. Therefore, whatever you were involved in prior to Agel, you did not succeed in b/c you did not stick with it. Therefore, you cannot make a sweeping statement saying MLM works. Agel might work but MLM did not work for you until you found Agel. Use some logical progression in your thinking for hell sake!
  3. nofreeride

nofreeride New Member

nevilk, I can say it had to do with my sponsor and the organization. I had 75-100 people in quixtar and I was making no money b/c noone was purchasing product. Yes, there was an automatic shipping system but people would just take themselves off of it. Noone was allowed to do meetings for themselves and you had to go to endless meetings, buy books every month, etc. I have had nothing but bad experiences with MLM. HAVING SAID THAT...I would still advise someone to seek out an MLM opportunity. Nonetheless, you don't know my experiences or me. So reserve judgement for someone else. I believe wholeheartedly in personal responsibility and accountability but you can have all the hard work and positive mental attitude in the world, but if you are heading in the wrong direction you will only get farther from you goal. Stephen Covey says the same thing. I worked hard to climb the ladder of success and found it leaning against the wrong wall with the prior MLM companies I was involved with. I'm exhausted now. So, again, reserve judgement for someone else! And people, please read ALL of my postings before reading INTO my messages. Thanks
  4. malibumentor

malibumentor New Member

In answer to a previous poster: Mannatech has been around for 10 years or so. Their product, Glyconutrients had some good testimonials - but I researched it a bit and found that something very similar could be manufactured in your kitchen, very cheaply.

Which doesn't mean there isn't a market for the product... just that the hype about how involved the manufacturing process is is probably just that - hype.

Glyconutrients would seem to be very beneficial to consume. Some other guy I heard about has been marketing something very similar for many, many years, for less money than the Mannatech product.
    Mannatech did, however, patent the stuff they make, for what that is worth.

Mannatech for 4 years used a photograph of a young child claiming that the product had saved the childs life when in fact the child died within a few months of taking the Mannatech product. The agrieved parents fought a court battle to get Mannatech to remove their dead child's picture from company literature.
  5. promagi

promagi New Member

Mannatech isn't a bad company at all and from what I know the products are pretty good. But I haven't looked into it in-depth.

Now without knocking Mannatech at all I have to say that it has been around awhile and has not made the strides in the marketplace that would be desirable in order to build excitement in the distributor force. When a company has been around for about a decade and still hasn't reached exponential growth, history has shown that the odds are it probably won't.

Now that doesn't mean you can't do well with it or that you can't develop a solid six figure income. But the marketing and the energy is going to have to come soley from you.

Now as far as the person who is resisting Agel because of a large autoship requirement, all I can say is that you are not required to do anything outside of the company stated minimums which are one box per month (equal to a bottle of supplements) and two when you hit manager to qualify for the leveraged matching bonus. Anything more than that is merely stated to fuel the upline volume and I for one think that is wrong. I don't require ANY of my team members to do anything other than the company mandated minimums. If your friend or upline doesn't like that, then my advice is to find another upline.
  6. nofreeride

nofreeride New Member

Thank you Promagi and malibumentor. I'm not sold on mannatech either as far as marketing although I have heard alot of positive things about their products. I do think that Agel has a much better marketing plan. I like Agel's keep it simple philosophy. They don't seem to confuse things with too many other extraneous products. Plus, Agel has done in 1 1/2 years what Mannatech has not yet achieved (again not knocking Mannatech's philosophy and product). I just think that Agel has a better "new invention" so to speak. Also, my Agel upline was sponsored by a woman who did extremely well in Mannatech but eventually quit b/c she could not achieve any further growth. She is now doing well in Agel.

Again, thank you very much for your input. I have come to truly enjoy my conversations with you two. You have both given me some solid advice without having an agenda.

Promagi, my upline has a sideline partner who has been signing people up at the executive level of $1000 and then having them buy their first two legs as well. Initially, this does nothing for them but it could develop hugh profits in the long run IF that person is very successful. Have you heard of this and what is Randy Gage recommending? Appreciate your input. Joel
  7. promagi

promagi New Member

Hi Joel,

When you say buying their first two legs, does that mean you are paying for someone else to enter the business on the two sides of that income center?

If so I have mixed feelings about that. I'll tell you what I tell my team and that I believe from the core of my being. The single most important aspect of this entire equation is AUTOSHIP. But notice I didn't say how much! An autoship of ANY amount is far more important that the initial order.

I would MUCH rather have 5 people come in at $250.00 and do a one box autoship than the person who comes in at $1,000 and had no autoship. Why? Because, while you will make money initially with the executive pack, there is no dependable month to month volume being generated, thus no organizational growth.

This is not to say that the executive pack doesn't have it's advantages, it does! I think the serious person SHOULD consider it because it gives them the samples they need to market the business effectively in the early stages. But if you ask a person to put out $3,000 buying three positions (assuming that is what you are describing) then do an autoship on top of that, I think that will out of reach of most people.

I would take that extra money and purchase leads or a good marketing program. PBR's don't last forever.

Randy would not advocate that at all and his building system revolves soley around PBR's and ABB's. But I can tell you that he DOES use leads! After all. I was one myself!

He would tell you to come in at executive and have an "appropriate" autoship for the size family you have. Then do PBR's and help your people do them and repeat that cycle.

But once you have exhausted that warm market you need to look outside that. I have a wonderful system that I use to generate leads.

I purchase the leads from the link below, run them through an autoresponder to "sift and sort" them, call the ones who contact me and take them through an online presentation or the phone number that has one of our recorded virtual ABB's.

[Link removed - Admin] is a the best source for quality leads at fair prices.
  8. nofreeride

nofreeride New Member

Promagi, I might not understand it fully, but apparently the individual was advocating purchasing and owning the first two positions on either side or leg of their own business center. This was after they entered on the executive level.

I agree with you. I think this would be too expensive for the average person and probably not necessary. People have to be able to duplicate what you are advocating.

I do have another question. Isn't the main reason for entering in at the $250 versus the $1000 is that you open up more positions initally; thereby increasing your ability to make more money over time as your group grows? Also, if this is true, and someone initially enters at $250, can they later "upgrade" assuming they couldn't afford the $1000 initially?

Thank you very much for the above link! What is PBR and ABB?
    Thanks again, Joel
  9. promagi

promagi New Member

There are several reasons for joining at $1,000 vs. $250.

First and foremost, They get 16 boxes of product that gives them enough "samples" to effectively promote the buisiness. This is quite important. They do indeed get two additional income centers by coming in at executive but the fact is they won't need them for a long time. As they would not be opening up those centers until they generated $250,000 in volume in the first income center. And yes, you can upgrade at anytime.

The third and final reason for coming in at executive is the executive bonus. But realize that this is awarded for every thousand dollars you grow your lesser leg in a given month. You get one share of this pool for every thousand. This is good for the aggressive person who grows the legs fast. The average network marketer won't see much of this bonus unless they work hard.

Now that I have your initial question clear, I can definitively say that I do not agree with purchasing three positions and it may actually be against Agel policy to do so.

PBR and ABB stand for Personal Business Review (in home presentation) and Agel Business Briefing (hotel meeting).

They admin removed the link for the leads, so if you are interested in them drop me a line and I can email it to you [​IMG]
  10. nofreeride

nofreeride New Member

promagi, your awesome, thanks! I found the previous link under my history at incomeleaders.net. I like the way you run your mlm business as well. It is more like a real business with marketing, advertising, etc. I became disillusioned with Quixtar b/c they "meeting" a person to death and they promote badgering people at gas stations, malls, everywhere. They also have a system they "plug" everyone into and if you are not part of that system you are treated like a mormon who doesn't go to church. At their large meetings they degrade all professionals, which obviously struck a bad cord with me being the hothead I am, and they talk more about god than they do building a business. It's more like a cult. Like I said in previous postings, I worked so hard and had over 75 people in my organization. I did EVERYTHING they asked me to do and at the end of 3-4 years I had nothing. I also think they attract alot of shady characters.
    Therefore, when I was contacted by one of my best friends about Agel, I told him "hell no." I love network marketing, but I knew I could not build a business the way that Quixtar does it and I really could not invision building a business any other way. I joined Agel b/c he continually prodded me to do so, but I have done nothing but use the products which I like. I'm a vitamin taking kind of guy, if you know what I mean. I even gave some boxes to friends b/c I entered in at the executive level at what the hell was I going to do with all the extra boxes if I'm not building a business. My father in law loves taking them. However, you have given me new insight. Last night I was thinking in bed that I might actually be able to do this. I don't mind talking to people. I just hate running to the mall every week to harrass people that I just pretended I made friends with (if you know what I mean). I also like independence. I don't like my upline breathing down my neck and I don't like to go to meetings where 80% of the people are already in the business, they are acting interested in what the speaker has to say, none of them are doing anything in the business and they would do better to leave and go out and work the business!
    Thanks again, Joel
  11. promagi

promagi New Member

You're welcome Joel,

It's my pleasure to help in any way I can.

There are two ways to build any MLM business. That is talking to people you know (warm market) and talking to people you don't know (cold market). To do the latter I have found some techniques of reaching out that don't require a person to take out a second mortgage on their house [​IMG]

The first thing you need to do is get a good website that has a good agel presentation on it where you can send people. The alternative is to have a good supply of choosing success magazines on hand to send to people who show interest.

Next you need to market the business. As you know that can take the form of newpaper and magazine ads (can be expensive), Radio, (super expensive), and purchasing leads.

What I do is purchase leads. The reason? Because at one point or another these people displayed interest in a home-based business. So instead of scattershot advertising I choose to go after my target market... in other words, looking for people who are looking.

I use the leads from the link that you have. I have the platinum package and load 4,000 per day into an email auto-responder that has an 8 email campaign. It's all legal and can-spam compliant. E-mail me and I will point you to the company that I use. I use incomeleaders.net for the lead as they are the highest quality for the money you will find anywhere. I take the 30 per day of the platinum leads and either call them or use a voice blaster if I am pressed for time.

Now here is where the cream rises to the top. What this all does is sift and sort the serious from the people who were just kicking tires. When they contact me I know I have a hot lead. From there its

1. Interview
    2. Send them to a presentation or send them a Choosing Success (these are all about the CD)
    3. Answer questions
    4. Answer more questions
    5. Collect a decision
    6. Lather rinse repeat

Its a longer process than working your warm market and you have to be patient but I have found incredible leaders this way who are producing thousands of dollars a month.

Bob
  12. nofreeride

nofreeride New Member

Thanks Bob, I'll email you through your mlmleader.net. Joel
  13. nofreeride

nofreeride New Member

Bob, what do you think about Todd Falcone? Joel
  14. nofreeride

nofreeride New Member

What is the difference between a binary system and a compensation plan with two legs? Isn't really just a matter of semantics and what they choose as their own personal compensation plan? Agel says they are not a binary system. They say they have two legs. USANA has two legs and so does agel. Quixtar can have numerous legs. Again, aside from individual company compensation plans and semantics, what is the difference?
  15. promagi

promagi New Member

There are very real differences between the plans.

A traditional Binary has two legs and in that type of system you only get paid on one leg, period. The strong leg can have great leaders and be doing tremendous volume, but you get none of it.

Quixtar is a stair-step breakaway system which I despise because I worked with one for 10 years in Shaklee. I will never work with one of those again because it punishes people for developing leaders. When a leader breaks away you lose volume and you have to go back to work to re-establish it. Therefore in that type of system there is no true walk away residual income.

In Agel we have a Binary - Unilevel hybrid. There are two legs but there is also a unilevel plan for those you personally sponsor and you get paid on BOTH! That's what makes our plan unique and a vast improvement over just about any other pay plan. In Agel you get paid on the people you personally sponsor even if they are in the strong leg. And you get paid well! 25% to 50%!

Concerning Todd Falcone. I think he's GREAT! As a matter of fact we know each other very well. I flew to Seattle this past September to his two day workshop. You can't do better as far as training.

You can email me at: [email protected]

Best!
    Bob
  16. nofreeride

nofreeride New Member

I just got to work (I'm an emergency room doc), and my friend was there to badger me again about Mannatech! My god...will he every leave me alone? He is a family physician and we were in Quixtar together. He continues to try to convince me that Mannatech is curing all of these diseases. He insists it has cured his brother's Myasthenia Gravis, and has improved another patient's diabetes, and cured another of his patient's cancer, and so on. If it has cured Myasthenia, why isn't everyone with Myasthenia taking it, and why is it not reported in some medical journal. What a crock! He says Mannatech gives away 47% of every dollar. I know Agel gives away up to 50%.

Sorry, I had to vent. I don't like his management style, nor do I like him.

Anyway, thanks for the info, Bob. I really appreciate it. I actually have decided to pursue Agel. I am purchasing leads off of the site you recommended at $10/month. I watched the online presentation of Randy Gage showing the Agel plan and I am using Agel's system to set up a website for myself. Actually, the cost is very impressive and I am impressed with the ease of the system. They thought through a lot of things. I'll email you.

Thanks, Joel
  17. promagi

promagi New Member

cured another of his patient's cancer,

Holey Moley! Those can be VERY dangerous claims!

Wow, being an MD, does he have documentation of this?

In anycase. We have a whole panel of credible MD's and PhD's that back up Agel on our scientific advisory board. They can be found at www.geldocs.com for those who need this kind of validation.

But our doctors make no such claims outside of what is already proven and studied as far as ingredients.

I'll look for your email. I would like to help in any way I can.

Bob
  18. nofreeride

nofreeride New Member

Quoting: promagiWow, being an MD, does he have documentation of this?

None! It is anecdotal. Any presumed improvement in their symptoms would never be able to be directly correlated to any of the Mannatech substances, and who is to say that the improvement wasn't a chance remission or an improvement due to current medical therapy. Anyway, even if he was pushing Agel, I wouldn't be interested just b/c I don't like him. I would have just signed up under someone else.

Thanks again for your time, Bob. Joel
  19. nofreeride

nofreeride New Member

Has anyone ever heard of life force international at lifeforce.net? Joel
  20. nofreeride

nofreeride New Member

Malibumentor and Promagi: I've seen alot of stuff online about Profit Lance. What is it and how does it work? Joel