I am looking for peer reviews of the AGEL Business Opportunity.

Discussion in 'Business Opportunities and Programs Reviews' started by Alan, Jan 31, 2006.

1. promagi

promagi New Member

I've never heard of Profit Lance.

Is it an autoresponder service or something?

Life Force International amounts to another Mannatech imho. Good company, fine products.... slow growth.
  2. AntiAgel

AntiAgel New Member

I am personally related and was sponsored by one of the top 3 and I can tell you that you can't do this alone and without any help you WILL FAIL. I didn't have any help support. My sponsor never put one person underneath me yet constantly made promises about being there and wanting to help - it was a bunch of crap. Before getting involved in Agel you better make sure that you have enough money on your credit cards and a 2nd job at Target so you can make up for all your lost money - we lost over $10000 and and the end was still advised to buy more product, go to more meetings, he was making money - I was going into the poor house
  3. executive

executive New Member

Sounds like Agel is the company to join. I did and I was correct. Best decision that I could have made.
  4. bluechipdc

bluechipdc New Member

Wow, I just read through this entire string, and glad I read through the entire string. I am glad to see that Joel and Bob worked things out. It seems that both are good people.

A couple things that I have learned and discovered for myself after years and years of practice in business.

1. After almost losing my sister to cancer, and then 9-11 happening a few months after she was in the clear, I decided that life was too short to not go after my dreams and life long goals. In early 2002, I purchased my first 2 investment properties. ***relevance is coming, but it takes me a while.**** I finally pulled the trigger on making the investments after studying books, seminars and everything real estate related that I could get my hands on.

Real Estate is working out for me, but it has not been easy sailing.

I have always been fascinated by the concept of network marketing.....even compared to real estate investing. With my real estate investing I do not get many checks....sometimes going almost a year without a check. The checks I do get are pretty good, sometimes over $140k from a single deal. I must admit with my focus of rehabbing and now developing multi-unit projects, the lack of consistent cash flow can be very stressful....especially when all your money is in the properties.

Here are the couple of things I have learned.
    a. Friends of mine who have the best lifestyle and happiness in business are those who have succeeded in network marketing.

b. I have built one organization to over 130 people in network marketing, but that company went out of business. Other than that, not much success.

c. Even though I have not succeeded, I do know what it really takes to be successful.

d. I think statistics say something to the effect of only 3% of people in network marketing are successful in network marketing.

e. Really, I think that can be said for many jobs, businesses, etc.

f. I know some real estate investors who got in the market trying to get rich quick, not really having true knowledge who are now facing multiple foreclosures and bankruptcy.

g. Many people join network marketing companies thinking it will be easy....if they just "get in now". It is a shame that many sponsors do have a "sign 'em up and see what sticks" game plan about their recruits.

h. I realize that to be successful, I need to put forth the same effort that I put forth in my previous corporate jobs and my real estate investing. Not necessarily just effort, but perfecting the craft so to speak. Perfect practice makes perfect. We must learn from the best and model that behavior.

i. I also now know to follow the system that works. Being somewhat intelligent, I thought that I could do network marketing far better than my sponsors. I created spreadsheets, made numerous checklists, and overloaded my prospects immensely with a ton of emails and info when they were interested. It took about a couple of months for me to learn that my approach was all wrong. Even though I thought I was teaching, I was overloading them. One lady told me "wow, you have been so helpful and I have learned so much....but I could never do all that stuff that you have put together." Was I ever wrong.

j. Even though not yet successful at network marketing, why is it a great business?
    - You can have a lot of fun. You can spend time with your best friends and will create life long friendships in this business with other like-minded people.
    - Consistent, residual income, cash flow is the best kind of money. I do have a couple of internet businesses that create residual income and I love it.

- Think about this, for me to recreate another niche market web site to bring in consistent $1000 per month, I would have to come up with the idea and product (very difficult), spend about $2800 to $5000. launching the high quality website and after coming up with the product and idea would take about 2-3 months. Then I would have to start it all over again.

- It is much smarter to learn how to do network marketing the right way, and prospect in the manner which you are comfortable prospecting in whether that is warm market through friends and family or cold market through advertising and leads.

On the Real Estate Gurus, etc. Believe it or not, Carleton Sheets's program does work. Many people by the program, do not really do anything and then say it that it does not work. The real life is that it is really mostly important to understand concepts and types of deals in real estate. For example, if I understand the concept of purchasing a property from a seller using seller financing, then all I have to do is pu the terms of agreed upon transaction from me the buyer and the seller on a yellow legal pad and give it to my attorney to write up all of the legal documents, etc.

Please excuse punctuation and grammar on this post....just typed it real quick on th laptop.

Agel looks very good to me, and already know that USANA is a great company.

Let's make it happen!!!
  5. nofreeride

nofreeride New Member

To bluechipdc:

You make many fabulous points. Those are the same types of ideas I was trying to get across to people to begin with, but you said it better. I did not do well in real estate b/c I made alot of dumb mistakes, but I agree with you that the Carlton Sheets principles do work b/c I bought them and applied them. I didn't do my research on a 4-plex and lost $15,000. I made $8000 free and clear in 9 months on a single family, but lost money on a duplex b/c I hung onto it too long and tried to manage it at a distance as an absentee landlord. Bad idea! Location, location, location does matter in real estate and that location does not always mean a certain zip code, but also a certain state. Some markets are very liquid and others veeerryy slow.

I also LOVE network marketing. My problem with being successful in network marketing isn't the belief that IT works, but the desire to work IT b/c I am too comfortable and complacent with my current position. Whether that is good or bad I guess depends on the perspective. I don't understand how "Antiagel" lost $10,000 b/c I would never spend that much money on network marketing. The first rule in investing whether it be business, stock, or real estate is to never spend money you can't afford to lose. Warren Buffet puts it another way. He says that rule #1 in investing is to never lose your money and rule #2 is to remember rule #1. I lost $12000 in a stock called McCloud. It was my tax money. Again, Bad Idea!!
    I repeat...do not spend money you cannot afford to lose. The smartest network marketer will teach you to manage your money appropriately. There are dozens of successful network marketers who are in debt b/c they have not learned to discipline themselves in money management.
    1)Pay your bills
    2)Pay off your credit cards
    3)Don't buy more house than you need
    4)Pay cash for your car
    5)Pay yourself first
    If your upline wants you to go into debt to pay for your network marketing business, find another upline!
    Joel
  6. webwalker

webwalker New Member

To Promagi

I read this thread with interest, and found more information here than through listening to numerous presentations by other Agel leaders.
    I'd like to discuss things further with you.
    Email me at:
    [email protected]
  7. promagi

promagi New Member

I am personally related and was sponsored by one of the top 3 and I can tell you that you can't do this alone and without any help you WILL FAIL. I didn't have any help support. My sponsor never put one person underneath me yet constantly made promises about being there and wanting to help - it was a bunch of crap. Before getting involved in Agel you better make sure that you have enough money on your credit cards and a 2nd job at Target so you can make up for all your lost money - we lost over $10000 and and the end was still advised to buy more product, go to more meetings, he was making money - I was going into the poor house

I would be interested in hearing "which" of the top three you were sponsored under (who apparently is also a relative of yours) who left you out in the cold.

It's very easy to make a post like that without backing up those assertions with a little more info. I hope you can clarify.

Agel is no different from any other MLM in the sense that even though there is spillover in Agel, ultimately it rests on your shoulders to build the business. But I can see your point. I was personally sponsored by Randy Gage and do you know how many people he put in my downline?........."0"

But what I got from him was knowlege and with that I built a large organization. I do help my people with placements as much as I can and I place them where I see people making an honest effort. Sorry it didn't work out for you but Agel is still the best MLM opportunity out there in my opinion.
  8. propertymanager

propertymanager New Member

This entire idea of residual income is a big joke in my opinion. Whether it is MLM, real estate, or investing in stocks, there really is no such thing as hands-off residual income. With ANY business, the minute you stop working your business is the same minute that it begins declining. With rental properties, someone must manage them. It is true that you can hire a manager but someone must manage the manager and this is easier said than done and takes a big bite out of your profit. The very same thing is true of MLM - if you are not constantly keeping your downlines motivated, they will dry up. In any business, the harder you work, the more you make. There is no "secret" to getting rich, other than hard work.

Some of my family members have been involved in MLM and have not found it to be very profitable. I wonder how many people have actually made significant money with these MLM schemes, other than those who actually started the company?

Isn't that really the secret to riches and wealth? You can't do it working for someone else, you've got to start your own business. Signing up for this fad business or that fad business isn't going to do it. You must have a product or service that people actually want or need and be effective at selling that product or service.

Mike
  9. promagi

promagi New Member

But let me guess Mike,

If we follow the link to your Rental properties site that will be the answer? [​IMG]

There is some truth to what you say about needing to be at least a little bit involved once the business is built. But there is such as thing as residual income whether you want to believe it or not.

I feel sorry for the people you know who didn't make it in MLM. But I can tell you why it happened..... They quit. It's really as simple as that. If you gave me an accounting of what they did to build the business I could tell you exactly where they went wrong. It's not rocket science but too many people look for results too soon and never follow through.

You can call it a scheme all you like, I know of many rental schemes out there as well. Perhaps yours is one of them? Your domain name sure sounds like one I'm sorry to say.

MLM is a business and when you treat it as one you will get paid as a business owner. When you treat it like a hobby it rarely works.

But the fact is there is risk in everything. In my hometown a McDonalds went out of business... A MCDONALDS!

That should tell you something.
  10. nofreeride

nofreeride New Member

There is definitely no such thing as something for nothing...unless you are Paris Hilton. I believe what gives people sour grapes concerning MLM, or real estate gimmicks or what have you (and I have sampled them all) is the marketing ploy that it is simple and success can be accomplished with little effort. People are pissed off at being lied to! I agree with Bob that you have to treat it like a business and work hard. I believe propertymanager is essentially trying to say the same thing. Carleton Sheets makes it seem like if you buy his course then...boda bing, boda boom...you will automatically be a millionaire. It doesn't work that way. However, you can get rich being an employee. So don't fool yourselves all of you people out there who think that "being your own boss" is the "best" way. It is a nice way in some instances. I wouldn't mind being an NFL coach or the CEO of sprint and making millions and if they fire me they have to give me several million to get rid of me! Be open minded, be prepared, look for opportunity and when you find something that meshes with you go for it and give it all you have. If you fail, blame yourself! Joel
  11. agelangel

agelangel New Member

hi everyone,
    I felt like i was on a rollar coaster reding all the reports about Agel success and failure stories. I have my own Agel story and it's simple and sincere. I began my Agel journey almost a year ago and got really excited one weekend and joined up 5 people, woo hoo! Then life got in the way for a while so I didn't really do anything for about 10 months. I decided to change my autoship to another selection and to my delight and surprise found that over 80 people had signed up underneath me!
    I imediately rang my sponsors who explained to me that while i was busy (doing nothing) those who were above me were busily signing up people underneathe me. It was then when i decided that Agel did in fact work (even if you don't) my disclaimer being that it probably depends on who you signed up underneath.
    Also what sort of marketing do you promote youe Agel business with, because I combine another website (email me if you want the address) with the Agel website.
    Anyway, my question is this: Would Randy Gage, Eric Wore and Rob and Nicky Horkings (of Usana Fame) get involved if Agel wasn't worth getting involved with? I don't think so, Agel has worked for me [​IMG]
  12. TheCeoGuy

TheCeoGuy New Member

I would like to try a sample of this agel product everyones been fusing about on the net lately..
  13. promagi

promagi New Member

Email me and I will send you out a sample.

[email protected]

Have a successful day!
    Bob Gallo
  14. idbubble

idbubble New Member

Wow Wow &nd *%$ again,
    I have read the entire thread of this conversation,
    Just finished robert ludlum's the prometheus deception.
    Can'not figure out which gripped me Most [​IMG]
    sorry,I too were approched by Agel in the uK But to this day i have declined there best efforts,Now please understand me when i say"agel is a very very very good product".
    The problem i had (was way back in Feb2006) I knew notheing about MLM.....Now How ever after many many many ????????'s spent I do have a modicum of knowledge in MLm'??6,250+ to be precise, Every one has made a very very valid point(some more than others)But the thing is ?
    untill you understand In marketing you will never sell a thing to any body. "Sack the boss" you realy need to learn the basics of marketing.
    "A bird in the hand, makes it hard to blow your nose"
    Paul Cooke
  15. promagi

promagi New Member

I'm re-reading the above statement idbubble. Still not sure of the underlying message of your post [​IMG] But it seems you enjoyed the thread nevertheless which is a good thing.

So after reading it, the next thing you need to do is contact me so we can get the ball rolling! [​IMG]

After all, it's the Law of Attraction, you declined the people in the UK so you can join my team and have an "International Presence!"

All The Best,
    Bob

PS.. I agree about the bird thing....
  16. Agelwing

Agelwing New Member

Hi everyone,

Have enjoyed this thread very much. I, too, am enjoying rapid success with Agel. I have studied many mlm opps., and swore I'd never, again, get involved. In fact, one year ago this month, I skimmed an Agel website and didn't, quite, dig deep enough to expose this gem for what it seems to me; truly, a once in a lifetime opportunity. I must have been 'asleep at the wheel!'
    Anyway, I am happy to have surfed in, and I am impressed by some, obviously, fine people.
    To our success,
    Scott
  17. promagi

promagi New Member

This has been an absolutely incredible month for me.

Overall I have had 76 people join my organization from all parts of the globe. I have rank advanced and a good portion of my team will be going to Orlando in June to see and meet Robert Kiyosaki who will be a keynote speaker along with Paul Zane Pilzner at the Agel Mastermind event.

Agel is rocking beyond belief.[​IMG]
  18. Carolyn

Carolyn New Member

Wow! I just read through all of these posts.

I can see that there are so many varying opinions.

As far as comments on pyramids, I have found that if one can make more than the person above him/her, that works far more effectively than a regular "job" where the majority of people are not going to make more than his/her boss.

As a single parent striving to provide more for my family and wanting to be available more, I have continued on the journey with ongoing education and with seeking something that would help meet the goals. My full-time "job" was limited and after spending thousands on obtaining additional credits beyond a Master's degree in order to go to the next level which included additional income - under $2,000 more a year - I fortunately read a book that helped me to have a paradigm shift.

Real estate investing was something that I could see I could do and did have success with one property, a condo, that I chose to purchase with a business partner - another mom I had met in one of those college classes. Within three months the condo doubled in value and the amount was equal to more than my full year's salary! Of course, there were some glitches with the delay in getting a tenant and having to switch management companies (but we took advantage of the delay by using the property and enjoying the three community pools and ocean beach). However, when you look at the bottom line, it was well worth the challenges and taking out the time to research and learn how to do it.

My first serious exposure to MLM was when I joined a company for the services related to real estate investing and finances in general. I learned after about the business opportunity and was truly impressed! I felt it would be less risky and thought it would be less time consuming. The investment was much lower. Similiar to a positive cash flowing rental property, it offered a monthy residual income.
    I spent 1 1/2 years working it, having to go to business presentations and although there was some growth, arranging babysitting regularly and being away so much was opposite my goals and was draining.

I wanted to learn more about cold market marketing, but my upline and the trainers at the local trainings I went to stressed "cold marketing doesn't work". I didn't want to believe that as I had already spoke to those on the family and friends list and brought many to presentation meetings - I needed a larger market!

Although still using the services to this day which I find are useful, and making approximately $100. more than my monthly membership fee, I found Agel. I joined with someone I found online. His sponsor is Rob Horskings and his is Randy Gage so I felt the top training would be in place.
    The market is huge as Agel is in many countries and my direct upline believed in and used cold market marketing methods! The pay plan did strike me as very appealing. It was something I could truly do from home.
    Although my direct upline was available and fast to respond to my questions and requests for three-way calls, I found it was still very time consuimg being on the phone doing lengthy three way calls with my director and prospects (as I still was not experienced in selling!). It just didn't seem to be a fit for me and the growth just wasn't happening as I had planned. Again, I'm stressing that it wasn't for me as obviously others have found ways to run their Agel businesses with much success! Also, I was able to learn a lot and the monetary expense was still less than what I had paid on graduate courses where I learned skills that provided limited financial growth.

Finally, I found a business that works for me as far as the tools in place do compensate for my limited time and limited sales experience plus it is in many countries, etc. I was very skeptical of trying yet another home based business venture, but finally decided that I would enjoy the product regardless and would certainly learn more from the leaders in the business. Plus, I no longer could settle for the alternative "job" choice. I needed to take another chance and I'm so glad I did.

My long winded point is that anyone who wants to have more freedom and choices, will a traditional "job" get you there? From a book, I remember learning and realizing that if I could replace my income by working from home, then there would be so many more choices available - the choice to be able to participate more in my child's life by being able to easily go to school events and chaperone on field trips. The flexibility of scheduling "work" time is huge!
    Then there is the option to be able to continue to create even more income beyond the limits and ceilings in the traditional workplace. The ability to work from home is powerful!

Yes, it may take time and it is so important to research any company and make sure it's a fit. Looking at your short term and long term goals and combining them with your values then match them with a company may help to find a fit where one can more easily experience success.

As far as the comment on having to use a credit card or other borrowed funds to get started, I have to admit that I find leveraging other people's money a positive way to get started. A majority of people purchase a home using a mortgage which is other people's money - yet it's not an investment that can pay you back unless it appreciates and you sell it, but then you need to invest more money or borrow for another place to live. (even if you rent, it's taking money away). With a home based business whether it's MLM or some other direct sales business that includes a component for exponential income and growth, after the initial investment and start up costs (which are generally far less than any franchise even) to get it up and running, you can get paid back far more than you put into it. After building your business, you CAN receive an income that continues to grow based on the efforts of those on your team despite your own effort.

Persistance, belief (Was it Ford that said something like, "Whether you believe you can or believe you can't, you're right."), purpose, ongoing education and learning with ACTION = success.

Can anyone here recommend a health insurance company that provides group discounts for the self-employed group? Thanks!

To Everyone's Success!
  19. Vishal P. Rao

Vishal P. Rao Administrator Staff Member

This thread is closed. Please discuss more about Agel in the Agel forum.