I am new to forums and website promotions

Discussion in 'Website Promotion' started by my4angels97, May 24, 2009.

1. my4angels97

my4angels97 New Member

Hello all, I am just wondering if someone can help me get traffic to website and to help me make my first sale. I have been working at this for 2 weeks now and not making much progress.

Thanks
  2. mountainmom5

mountainmom5 Gold Member

Why don't you put a link to your website in your link so we can take a peek at it?

What are doing at this point to get traffic to it? That will help us give you some pointers....[​IMG]

edited: sorry, I meant put a link in your signature...
  3. VictoriaNTC

VictoriaNTC Silver Member

The members here can help a lot .

There are many low to no cost ways to accomplish this.
    Victoria[​IMG]
  4. my4angels97

my4angels97 New Member

Hello, I just added my website to the signature. I only use traffic swarm as a form of traffic generators..
  5. mountainmom5

mountainmom5 Gold Member

Okay - and the other 99% of trafficswarmers are using it for the very same reason you are ... [​IMG]

Is it okay to be brutally honest with you?? How is it possible to achieve the following?? [​IMG]

YOUR TOTAL COSTS TODAY... $0.00
    YOUR POTENTIAL INCOME AFTER 1 MONTH... $1500.00
    YOUR POTENTIAL MONTHLY INCOME AFTER 2 MONTHS... $8000.00

Sorry, hun, but whoever put that together for you is full of bs - it just does not EVER happen like that!

However, as far as getting traffic to a website, any website or blog that I have ever built (other than SBI, which gets traffic on it's own) - I have used things like witing articles, posting in forums, posting a few Craigslist ads, but they are tricky... etc, to draw traffic to my sites...

The type of marketing takes consistent marketing effort in getting all kinds of things out there - quality stuff like helpful articles in a blog post, etc.... especially if you are wanting to use free methods.

The problem is - it is VERY hard to rank well with work at home stuff because the market is so saturated.

I will say again as I have so often before that there are a TON of products that are way easier to market than WAH stuff - just go to Clickbank and browse around or places like Commission Junction and Shareasale, etc.....

Hope I wasn't to hard on you! I didn't mean to be, but I simply can not have you go on believing that you will make that kind of money in that time frame with a free product![​IMG]
  6. my4angels97

my4angels97 New Member

Thanks for the info. You wasnt too hard...You was just being honest. I am tired of getting so much of different info on promoting and trying to get traffic to my website. I am so frustrated, dont know what to do. I have spent so much money trying out so many work at home jobs I feel to give up.
  7. jaesun16

jaesun16 New Member

Hi, I have been working more than 6 months now~

It's very good place for beginners

YOu can always ask questions about online business~

Forum asking is very good way to save money and time!

Keep working hard,

and

Happy day~^^[​IMG]
  8. robinincarolina

robinincarolina Silver Member

I got sucked into some crazy stuff in the beginning as well. I understand. I still have a free website floating out there doing nothing. It wasn't a bad on either really, its just not the way I wanted to go.

I have been doing this for a few months and actually just a couple of weeks ago the light bulb went off in my head and it is finally all making sense. You have to expect it to take time. Its a learning curve and it is so easy to get distracted.
  9. johnjimat

johnjimat New Member

when you in this online world. what you t do is to become patient and focus. it's take long time to really make stable income with home business. [​IMG]
  10. bwhudson

bwhudson New Member

I'm new and starting out too. I've had some success and I've had a lot of fun learning all this stuff that is so new to me.

It took me about two months to figure out that you want links to your site from other sites (I know, I'm slow). And then it took me another little while to understand what all those signatures are after these forum posts.

I've used adwords with some success; I've begun reading and posting on forums (which is a two-fold benefit to me - I get the exposure but i also learn so much).

It does make it easier if you are selling something that people want. (And is new and hasn't been all over the internet already.)
  11. lathalukose

lathalukose New Member

Getting traffic is easier than it seems.

Here are some of the best methods I am using:

1. Article marketing - writing articles and submitting to article directories. Manual labour. Not fun. But FREE.

2. Book marking. I am using onlywire to bookmark some of my sites. Manual. Time consuming to setup. But FREE.

3. Using squidoo and other social networking sites.
  12. leelapel

leelapel New Member

Very good information shared with useful and helpful ideas and nice details.
  13. j11_cook

j11_cook New Member

As someone else said above in so many words, you must have unique content on a regular basis and lots of it. You must gain your potential customers trust, before they will ever buy one thing from you. If you truly want to make money online, then you should find a unique specialized niche market to begin with. WAH niche markets are saturated, but let's just say you start a blog about Working At Home and/or Making Money Online. You could incorporate in that blog things that are not so saturated that still have to do with those broader niches. When making your posts, you would need to make sure that you base it around certain low competition keywords. You can find those by going to Google Adwords Keyword Tools. If you choose to keep the site you currently have, you could actually start a blog that would have links back to that site somewhere in it. However, I am with mountainmom5. I don't really think that part will go anywhere for you.

I would suggest that you think about things that you are truly passionate about and know at least a little information about and then use the keyword tool that I mentioned to narrow it down even further, until you find something that people highly search for, but you would have very little competition. This will give you more of a chance at ranking in the top search engine pages.

As for getting traffic:

1.) Article Marketing
    2.) Comment on other Blogs related to your niche
    3.) Comment on Yahoo Answers on subjects relating to your niche
    4.) Comment in several forums, not just one or two. The more the better for exposure.
    5.) Continue to use a Signature line with your links
    6.) Use Social Networking like Twitter, Facebook, Digg, etc.
    7.) Free Link Exchanges
    8.) Free Classified Ads

This is just some of the things that you can do that will bring you more traffic, but you have to be dedicated and it does take some time. It is Free, though, which most people need these days.

Just remember to always be unique. People love UNIQUE and will respond better to what you have to offer.

Hope this helps some. Good Luck![​IMG]
  14. LiveDebtFree

LiveDebtFree New Member

j11_cook
    Great tips there Jennifer. Those are great ways to get free traffic. You're right it does take time and consistency to get results.

As others have said the more you post your links and signatures, the more visible you are online.
  15. fuloash

fuloash New Member

j11_cook
    That advice was spot on! Thank you so much!
    And as the others have said in here, more or less, UNIQUE is the way to go. It is unfortunate these days how easy it is to get caught up in the small things and not being able to reach whatever dreams you have for yourself. Just like you work on yourself, and the things that make you unique, you can do with your website. EVEN if you have a semi popular topic, make your posts, your website(s), your blog, everything unique. Figure out what your strengths are and then tie them into your design.
  16. f5mtadas

f5mtadas Guest

It depend what you are selling and what audience you need.