I am not getting weight loss....need help

Discussion in 'Diet and Nutrition' started by iloverugby1, Apr 14, 2009.

1. iloverugby1

iloverugby1 New Member

Hello Everyone! oops! Its very nice to be here. I m a Dr. and senior rugby player too. I am here to share and to learn with you about some best diet formulas!

I have been working out in gym for last two weeks.
    I own 149 lbs today and two weeks b4.
    As I workout hard in gym and do a lot of fasting.
    But, my weight doesn't go down for last two weeks. It should go down as I am working hard....Why it doesn't??
    I am so worried, if I remain the same.
    I wanna loose my weight up to 120 lbs.
    I will be appreciate if any one helps me suggesting a perfect diet supplement.
    Am I going wrong....???

Thanks.

2. mountainmom5

mountainmom5 Gold Member

I don't know unless maybe you are not eating the right proteins along with your workouts...

I have a weight loss/diet blog that I promote, let me know if you want the link to the blog - maybe you can find something on there. [​IMG]

3. iloverugby1: As I workout
    hard in gym and do a lot of fasting.
    I am not a doctor but if your fasting, perhaps you are slowing down your metabolism making your body want to store and keep fats.

If you can somehow speed up your metabolism and make your body want to burn the stored fats, and drink plenty of water to flush it out, perhaps you'll see different results.

Having said that, best bet is to consult an expert.

Good luck,

Mike

4. johnjimat

johnjimat New Member

haha a doctor did have a problem with weight too. [​IMG]

5. Sonni

Sonni New Member

You need to be specific about working hard. What does that mean exactly? 2hours of cardio combined with 2 hours of weight training or what if you leave details I can help.

I have no idea what to suggest unless you give me a breakdown of what you're doing right now. This includes what you're eating, exactly what exercises, sleep habits, it all counts.
    Sonni

6. cherie27

cherie27 New Member

Actually, it wasn't good to do fasting. As it will hurt your body even more. Maybe you can have some fruits and vegetables instead of fasting.

Just my 2 cents

7. Newbie Shield

Newbie Shield Gold Member

Hi Mary John,

Sonni is right: "Workout" means something different to everyone.

You should get your heart rate up for at least a half hour at a time.

Frequency matters too: You have to do it several times a week.

You also have to watch your intake of food and reduce foods high in fat and high in calories. Cut out chemicals such as tobacco, caffeine, and alcohol.

Losing weight is about lifestyle change.

Weight comes off slowly. Don't focus on how much you lose each week. Just change your intake and physical output.

Some find it helpful to count calories.

Good luck,

~Newbie Shield~

8. malibumentor

malibumentor New Member

Newbie Shield: Losing weight is about lifestyle change.
    I've been a vegetarian my whole adult life. While my meat-eating
    friends are packing-on guts at my age, I stay fit and trim.

Maybe it's a natural metabolism, but my brothers have love handles too... and they eat meat.

My guess is that if you can master your appetites enough to adopt a healthy vegetal-oriented diet you'll find it easier to stay trim.

9. mountainmom5

mountainmom5 Gold Member

malibumentor: I've been a vegetarian my whole adult life. While my meat-eating
    friends are packing-on guts at my age, I stay fit and trim.
    Good for you..... but I sure like my meat... we pretty much live off the land as far as meat is concerned, not much chemicals in venison [​IMG]

10. alexade

alexade New Member

If thats how you figured out your maintenance thats probably the most reliable way. Judging by that number I would way roughly 2300 is a good place to start, If you don't drop at least a pound drop a few more calories. Its better to start a little high, one because you have more energy for the gym, and two because if you stall out, you can go a little lower without consuming the calories of a grade 7 girl.

11. Newbie Shield

Newbie Shield Gold Member

malibumentor: I've been a vegetarian my whole adult life.
    Hi MM,

I admire you for that.

I've been a vegetarian now for over 15 years and I wouldn't go back to eating meat for any reason.

Back in the early 90's I read a bunch of Eastern philosophy and saw a bunch of animal cruelty videos. I stopped eating meat right away.

Who wants to eat rotting corpse or become a walking grave yard anyhow?

Not many truly stop and question what they're doing or why. Our friends and family do things so we do them too without giving our habits much thought.

It takes courage and wisdom to take a step back and honestly analyze the ethics and the whys behind our habitual behavior. It takes even more courage to weed out the bad habits regardless of how much personal pleasure they might bring.

And for all of you egg eaters out there, did you know that you're eating chicken menses?

EWWW!

Hee :D

~Newbie Shield~

12. timhale

timhale New Member

Hi!

It sounds like you're fairly active...do you have a hunch about the foods that are causing your weight challenges?

I coach soccer and am a personal trainer and I see sugar over and over as the usual culprit.

Luckily, there are more options now to side step that challenge!

~Tim

13. nanlar

nanlar New Member

Fasting is okay but it does not mean you are going to lose weight. Lower your calories, fat, and bad carbs[junk foods]. Raise protein intake in a. m. Raise fiber intake. Keep your workout up using light weights and lots of reps.

Good Luck!

14. andreaevens20

andreaevens20 New Member

Hia i'm no doctor but i know how to lose weight i'm a member of a sliming club and have been target weight for some time now i try and stick to 30 gramms of fat a day and it's about 40-45 for men , i go to the gym a lot i do a lot of cardio i recently been on holiday so a few pounds gone back on but i've just got back into it and lost 7lbs in a week i'm not fasting i'm eating 4 good meals a day and drink plenty of water it can be done you just need to plan and stick to it i hardle ever drink alchol that helps i think.

15. Dr_Boo

Dr_Boo New Member

I just wanted to point out that muscle weighs more than fat. It is entirely possible to work out hard, lose fat, and gain weight due to the increased muscle mass. Just stepping on a scale and using that number as the sole indicator of your fitness can give you the false impression that you aren't making progress. Tracking changes to your measurements (like waist circumference for example) can be a much better tool.

Oh, and I second what SovereignWealth said about fasting slowing metabolism. It puts the body in a sort of "survival mode" where calorie conservation and storage (ie fat deposition) is increased. In addition, the body becomes more efficient at using the limited calories it takes in, so that when you go back to eating normally, the elevated caloric intake results in even greater fat deposition. That's why many people gain back more weight than they lose through starvation diets.

Basically the only way to increase resting metabolism is by increasing muscle mass. The more muscle you have, the more calories you burn at rest. Of course, this can increase weight, so like I said before, don't focus so much on that number and instead focus on how you look and feel.

16. Sonni

Sonni New Member

Interval training is also a good way to crank up the intensity a little at a time. It's the intensity of exercise that ups the metabolism. Then you need weight training to get more muscle so that you can burn more calories/fat. I weigh less now than ever at 102 pounds and the credit goes to super set weight training techniques.
    Sonni

17. andreaevens20

andreaevens20 New Member

There are so many different methods to lose weight everybodys different some good advise though .

18. andreaevens20

andreaevens20 New Member

I love preparing healthy meals and i get to see the benefits i have to plan my healthy lifestyle and i think i do a very good job i eat healthy and exercise regular and my children love to follow in my footsteps i even get asked a lot of advise in my town where i live for example i share my recipes and people ask me how i'm so successful keeping the weight off because a lot of people lose the weight and never keep it off i just tell them you it is life changing there is a healthy alternative out there for just about anything so good luck and be healthy.

19. jeffathome

jeffathome New Member

Not sure if anyone said it but fasting could put you body into starvation mode since it will store fat because it does not know when it will get its' next meal. Try eating 6 small meals a day. Low carbs. Keep a food diary also and find a work out buddy.

20. andreaevens20

andreaevens20 New Member

very good advise i always keep a diary that way you know where your going and keep an eye on my fat content as well i try and eat plenty of fruit and veg and plenty of low fat foods it works for me.
    kind regards andrea[​IMG]