I am not getting weight loss....need help

Discussion in 'Diet and Nutrition' started by iloverugby1, Apr 14, 2009.

1. kevo1969

kevo1969 New Member

Hi There,
    okay you want to lose weight no problem can help, First of all what you need to look at is what the core foods you are eating everyday this will be a starting point for you. Fasting will put the body in starvation mode a few things could happen to you such as fatigue your waste coul become compact causing constipation and vital proteins will be lost. You need to supplement if your body does not have the correct amount of nutrients everyday over time your body will be depleted which can lead to diet related diseases. I can certainly assist you no matter where you are in the world.

2. nanlar

nanlar New Member

Hi I am adding this tip because some find it even harder when eating out ..if you are planning on eating out make sure you are familiar with the menu. If necessary call the restaurant and ask about salads, grilled meats etc. Don't be afraid to ask how food is prepared, contents in sauces etc. When you arrive at the restaurant don't be afraid to ask for your food to be prepared in a way that you can still follow your diet. If you are attending a party and know that there isn't going to be food there that is diet friendly, take food that you can eat and discreetly add your food to your plate. It is easy to take yogurt, fresh fruit, raw veggies, fiber filled crackers etc. to a party. If your hostess is truly your friend she will not be offended,\.
    One more important point ALWAYS have food that you can easily reach for at home that is low in fat and fiber filled, this will help to detour your impulse eating!!

3. ZiggyZoo

ZiggyZoo New Member

Hi there,

Honestly, I have not really had a weight problem (just lucky I guess) and seem to stay the same weight fluctuating about 3kg's either way. But my sister did have a huge weight problem and these are the rules that she followed which seemed to help.

She kept her calorie intake to 1000g a day (be careful here as she is only 5ft 2") so you need to make sure you have enough calorie intake for your height. (didnt matter what type of food just as long as she didnt exceed here limit)

She divided her meals up into 4 small meals a day.

Every morning she did 30 minutes on the treadmill and 30 minutes of tummy tucks and leg lifts etc.

It took time but she did eventually get to her ideal weight.

Hope this helps
    [​IMG]

4. RICH4NURICHE

RICH4NURICHE New Member

5. Sonni

Sonni New Member

I write and read many weight loss articles and blogs the best one I've read so far is" theloseweightdiet.com" site it's free and they do know what they're talking about. If you don't lose weight doing what that blog says then you're not doing what they tell you to do.
    Sonni

6. getagrip

getagrip Gold Member

If you want to lose weight, you need to create a calorie deficit, meaning that you burn more calories than your body uses. You can either diet to stay below your body's calorie requirement, or you can burn the excess calories through excersise, or do a combination of both.

7. mreyn

mreyn New Member

Wanted to share this NEW health supplement. Is helping many people with health issues one of which is weight loss. My stepdad has lost 22 pounds so far! This is the KING of superfruits! Product has Resveratrol, aloe vera, maqui berry, elderberry, sea minerals, strawberries, blueberries... Tastes great! Hope this helps!

8. Or you can eat foods or supplements that burn more calories than
    you consume. Celery and grapefruit actally burn more calories than they provide you with just through the digestion process which consumes calories.
    Conjugated linoleic acid (CLA) burns stored fat around the lower abdomen. Chromium picolinate suppresses appetite but there is no scientific evidence it burns fat and builds muscle.
    Also you may have undigested food in your intestine and need to do some colon cleansing using cascara sagrada,phsyllum husk,milk thistle,
    aloe vera,white pine bark and a variety of other natural cleansers.
    The Health-Nutrition directory on my website has extensive articles about all these topics and choices of many different weight loss products. But why would you want to weigh only 120 pounds?

9. player

player New Member

Why diet at all, your better off with a great nutrition program. useing weights are good just be carefull not to over exsert yourself.
    Most diets fail anyway, read up on nutritional programs.

10. player

player New Member

One of the best things to do is have your insulin levels checked. If they are to high you wont lose weight. Walking is better than strenuios workouts. As for fasting dont over do it not everyone is the same be carefull. And remember to drink plenty of pure clean water, not to much on any fast. Also herbal teas wheather hot or cold may help.

11. player

player New Member

One of the best things to do is have your insulin levels checked. If they are to high you wont lose weight. Walking is better than strenuios workouts. As for fasting dont over do it not everyone is the same be carefull. And remember to drink plenty of pure clean water, not to much on any fast. Also herbal teas wheather hot or cold may help.

12. AshleySullivan

AshleySullivan New Member

iloverugby1
    There good be many reasons but one certainty remains true under any sitauation... expend more calories than you consume and you will lose weight. Period.

If you think it's medical (i.e Thyroid problems etc.) then you need to get those answers before you resort to a drastic change in your diet.

13. TJamMoneyMan

TJamMoneyMan Well-Known Member

Fasting is really a great way to control your diet, heal your body, and yes, lose weight if necessary.
    We in the consumer capital of the world can't believe that however.

We tend to think in terms of buying something to solve our problems.

We should first understand that fasting means simply to ABSTAIN, from one food or another, group of foods, or ALL food.
    Without a doubt, there are many things on the menu today we need to abstain from consuming!

If nothing else, fasting will give you the practical strength to control your diet - which includes anything else you put into your body.
    Even a 12 hour fast can be very effective, if done correctly.

Older than the gospels, it is nature's way of healing.
    Every animal, including us, tends to quickly loose appetite when sick.
    There are good reasons for this.
    The body quickly goes into a healing/cleansing mode when we stop eating.
    That is why your tongue is coated when you awaken after a full night of sleep.

We in the west have so much to learn about fasting.

We are hung up on finding a medical cure for everything.
    But once you start putting drugs or 'supplements' into your system, there's no way you can fast.

Fasting strengthens your own body's capacity to heal itself.
    Drugs leave you dependent and at the mercy of a system most of us can neither afford nor understand.
    To say nothing of the complications and side effects!

Learn more about fasting, as well as HOW to fast, before dismissing it.

Of course there are many results on google for "fasting for health".
    Here is one site that looks good:
    http://www.fasting.ws/juice-fasting/

14. AshleySullivan

AshleySullivan New Member

iloverugby1: But, my weight doesn't go down for last two weeks. It should go down as I am working hard....Why it doesn't??
    Many people think they work out 'hard' but really do not. Assuming you really do, it's your food strategy that's the problem. You need to reduce your caloric intake.

15. TJamMoneyMan

TJamMoneyMan Well-Known Member

Plus, it really takes time.

You have to consider how long you have been in your current body state, and what you can realistically expect to achieve.

You have to establish a new physical identity.

Training and fitness takes time.

The poster mentioned TWO WEEKS!!
    What kind of real change can be had in that time?

And mentioned diet-supplements.
    They DO NOT WORK!!
    And that, to me, indicates a mind set of looking outside of YOURSELF for a solution.

You have to change your diet/exercise habits.
    PERMANENTLY.

Of course, this poster made ONE post about this in nearly a YEAR!
    Seriousness?
    Dedication?

hmmm....!!

16. milasports

milasports New Member

Try MILA - healthiest raw whole food.

I just lost 7 lbs in 3 weeks without changing anything but adding a scoop a day to my diet.

17. Michael Merry

Michael Merry New Member

Newbie Shield:

18. treevee

treevee Member

Michael Merry: Take a break from the lecture circuit and upgrade your education, Newbie Shield. Begin by learning something about human biological history: where we came from, how we evolved, the pressures that shaped the evolution of modern homo sapiens. Humans are biologically designed [evolved] to eat meat, in much the same way our cousins the neandertals evolved to eat meat. We do not apologize for what we are. What we can do is dismiss self-righteous vegetarians who presume to preach ethics
    How do you suppose our ancestors ate meat? You cannot tear flesh or hide by hand and our (and their) anterior teeth are definitely not made to tear flesh or hide. Our early ancestors from at least four million years ago were almost exclusively vegetarian. Cro-Magnons (40,000 - 60,000 BC), our later ancestors, were not meat eaters.

The human body is not physically created to eat meat (only in survival mode)! Take a look at the comparison:

Meat-eaters: have claws
    Herbivores: no claws
    Humans: no claws

Meat-eaters: have no skin pores and perspire through the tongue
    Herbivores: perspire through skin pores
    Humans: perspire through skin pores

Meat-eaters: have sharp front teeth for tearing, with no flat molar teeth for grinding
    Herbivores: no sharp front teeth, but flat rear molars for grinding
    Humans: no sharp front teeth, but flat rear molars for grinding

Meat-eaters: have intestinal tract that is only 3 times their body length so that rapidly decaying meat can pass through quickly
    Herbivores: have intestinal tract 10-12 times their body length.
    Humans: have intestinal tract 10-12 times their body length.

Meat-eaters: have strong hydrochloric acid in stomach to digest meat
    Herbivores: have stomach acid that is 20 times weaker than that of a meat-eater
    Humans:have stomach acid that is 20 times weaker than that of a meat-eater

Meat-eaters: salivary glands in mouth not needed to pre-digest grains and fruits.
    Herbivores: well-developed salivary glands which are necessary to pre-digest grains and fruits
    Humans: well-developed salivary glands, which are necessary to pre-digest, grains and fruits

Meat-eaters: have acid saliva with no enzyme ptyalin to pre-digest grains
    Herbivores: have alkaline saliva with ptyalin to pre-digest grains
    Humans: have alkaline saliva with ptyalin to pre-digest grains

Meat is poison to our systems. People who eat meat have a much greater chance of getting diseases. (If you don't believe me, you can research the peer reviews and scientific data of -- Dr. John McDougall, T Collin Campbell and Dr. Caldwell Esselstyn, to name a few, who have done extensive studies on the relationship of food and disease.)

Those of you who enjoy your meat, you might want to take a gander at what animals may go through before they reach your plate:
    Meet Your Meat, Parts 1 + 2
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VIjanhKqVC4
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2Ts4GEpnzj8
    I seriously cannot watch these vids.

I'm not here to talk anyone into being vegetarian or vegan, it's just that those of you who think it is natural for humans to eat meat, obviously haven't done your research. However, you might not want to read the "studies" done by the big meat and dairy industries, nor what is said by the media -- they are a little biased!

19. Vishal P. Rao

Vishal P. Rao Administrator Staff Member

Excellent post Trevee! Although I don't have the courage (or interest) to watch the videos.

20. treevee

treevee Member

I know, Vishal, most people don't really care to watch the videos nor do they care what it takes to get their meat or dairy. Most of us realize that the slaughterhouse isn't the prettiest sight! I just wanted to put it out there for those who don't realize the unnecessary cruelty that many of these animals are faced with during their whole lifetime and during the butchering..... Uncalled for! ...... It might save a few of those wonderful creatures if they did realize! Thing is, all that is happening when we are not even supposed to be eating the flesh or milk of animals!