I am not getting weight loss....need help

Discussion in 'Diet and Nutrition' started by iloverugby1, Apr 14, 2009.

1. lifemyway

lifemyway New Member

I am new here and hence the reason for this post being so late but, I must offer this bit of information.

Stop calling it or consider a "diet"

Start making lifestyle changes, proper supplementation, proper eating habits, as well as drinking 8-10 glasses of 12 oz.of water a day.

I also HIGHLY recommend reading the book, Healthy For Life by Dr. Ray Strand on effective ways to change your lifestyle which has a permanent side effect of weight loss.

If you can afford too or choose too, I recommend a personal trainer to help you maximize your workouts and pinpoint the correct actions and exercises to boost your program.

Look into studying and following the glycemic index and choosing foods that are low glycemic which allows your body to break down the sugars at a slowwer rate so that you maximize your body's natural energy source and not store the fat and take the sugars from the muscles which is what high glycemic foods do and we lose muscle and gain fat.

If you would like more information on supplementation, the glycemic index, or other tips, feel free to contact me

Todd

2. Hi That is a pain when you stop losing for a while. How is your water intake. Do you eat a lot of salt as that can make your body retain water and make you weigh more.

Have you tired doing a different form of exercise. Sometimes just doing something different can start back you weight loss.

have you thought of doing something like weight watchers. They also help out when you start losing for a while

3. mreyn

mreyn New Member

Weight loss management has to be , in my opinion, a lifestyle change and not just looking for a quick fix. Exercise and changing eating habits are pivotal in not only healthy weight, but a healthy body in general. The products I sell include Fixx, Pulse, Inspirin, and many more that include hemp. We have a 14 or 28 day raw food challenge where you replace your old habits with new ones. We've had some tremendous testimonials and pictures of dramatic differences but you have to be diligent and passionate about changing your lifestyle longterm.

4. herbalife24

herbalife24 New Member

I was about to write long post then i saw it's from 2009 [​IMG]

5. JudyCurtis

JudyCurtis New Member

I, like James Eckburg, wonder why this thread is not more active. Surely there are lots of folks that are trying to lose weight.

I've found that "diets" do not work for me. The main reason is that eventually one has to "go off a diet", and what usually follows is that the weight that one worked so hard to lose, is then re-gained, and then some.

Making changes that one can stick with for life, works much better. I've been working on my life style changes over the past year or two, and the weight is slowly coming off. Don't get me wrong, I still have a long way to go, however, knowing what works, and what does not are some of the things I've learned along the way. Keeping a daily log of what goes into my mouth is a given; for without this log, I tend to get off track quickly and start gaining weight again.

I've also found that while going to a gym is torture for me, walking is something that I don't mind doing. There was a time in the past when I could hardly walk down the street past a couple houses and then return home. I suffered from lower back pain, which was constant. I have persisted with walking, and over time have lost some weight, which in turn has helped relieve some of the back pain. Today, I walk every morning as soon as my little dog, Midget, wakes me up. We walk anywhere from 20 - 45 minutes daily, and I do not restrict her pace. In other words, when she is going, I speed up to keep up with her. In doing so, I get a cardio work out also!

I also take an all natural supplement which helps with appetite suppression and metabolism. I am willing to share what I know about these products, so just ask.

Judy Curtis

Mother Eckburg and James Eckburg like this.
  6. Bill Brine

Bill Brine New Member

You're right, Judy, lifestyle changes are what you need. Gradually, over time. I've heard it said that if you can do some small change consistently for about 28 days, it will become an ingrained habit and you will begin to do it automatically.

You also need to work on your mind-body connection, there are many reasons why someone may be overweight. It is not merely a matter of calories in and calories out as the diet food industry would have you believe. Nor is it simply a matter of cutting calories.

Two sources I can recommend: "The Gabriel Method" by Jon Gabriel, and "The Smarter Science of Slim", by Jonathan Bailor. The former will help you work on your mind-body connection, the latter will show you a scientifically sound method of permanent weight loss based on changing your eating choices and exercising more effectively.

I have found both to be of immense help to me, I really enjoy my new way of eating and am losing slowly, as one should.

7. Mother Eckburg

Mother Eckburg New Member

This is a very good topic. I have had some problems with weight and with my disease it was very hard. But I have found that if you keep active and do exercise of some sort thefirst thing in the morning and than drink a 30 gram of protein frink foro breakfast you are getting the best start. I did that fir a week andfound out that I felt much better and the pounds started tocome off.

8. smilekill

smilekill New Member

right now am planning to reduce my weight as i am 89 right now and want to reduce it ,any body can help me but make sure the method is effecitive

9. Mother Eckburg

Mother Eckburg New Member

well one idea you could increase your fruits and vegs. you eat at mealtime. have fruit for snack in morning or afternoon and watch the size of portions you put on your plate. one other way you could use a smaller plate to eat off of. not knowing your health give one a try. and atyour age of 89 try to be as active as you can.

10. andybodybyvi

andybodybyvi New Member

I Love Rugby 1 , I used to be a Rugby player (Loose Head Prop) until a serious neck injury. Due to this I lost the muscle and packed on alot of weight. After a while (years) I gradually began training and after initial weight loss and being healthier I hit the wall and no matter what I did I couldn't shift anymore. I looked around for ages and tried just about anything I could find and although I had some improvements they soon slowed down or reversed in some cases. I then found this product (I have started writing a blog) and have now managed to lose 3 stone in 3 months and I am a heck of alot leaner and fitter because of it. I will never be able to play rugby again as the risk of paralysis is too high, but I don't want to be a unfit either. This has turned out to be my happy medium and it is working for me. I am happy to answer any questions, (no hard sell just my experiences). Good luck I know how hard it can be :)

Mother Eckburg likes this.
  11. PeterMFL

PeterMFL Active Member

The best way to loose weight is run everyday (i know it's hard but you can do it!).
    Don't eat after 8pm.
    Stop eating a lot of carbs and eat more greens!

I did that and in 4 months I went from having a beer belly to having abs...

You need to be really self-discipline. it's hard at the start because your body is yelling 'i want carbs' but you get used to it after awhile.

12. OmarS.K

OmarS.K Member

There has been a trend toward low carb diets in recent years, but studies have shown that the healthiest diets incorporate food from all the food groups. It’s possible to get all the variety you need from a plant-based diet, but the best vegetarian weight loss diet is one that provides plenty of protein, fats, and carbs. All of these food groups play role a role in successful weight loss.

tmorrison likes this.
  13. momto4

momto4 New Member

I think its because your starving your body. Your body needs fuel to burn fat and get your metabolism up and burning. Also you need protein.

tmorrison likes this.
  14. tmorrison

tmorrison Member

Try eating more meals in smaller portions during the day. I do my best to eat 5-6 SMALL meals with good protein - eggs, chicken breast, sometimes steak - mixed with salads. I have also cut down tremendously on breads/rice etc. I will get my carbs from sweet-potatoe or Oatmeal.

Drink a lot of water everyday and also don't stress over your weight, because that could also be a contributing factor. Have fun & focus on good eating and exercise.

payment proof likes this.