I am working on a new idea

Discussion in 'Ideas' started by danbu1, Oct 17, 2007.

1. danbu1 New Member

I have been working on this concept for 2 years now with my brother. We are about to launch in November. Any advice would be appreciated.

The product is a Content Managment System that allows novice users to update and even create their own website. The unique idea is to allow one person from each City in the US to make money selling our services. (I hope moderator will not delete this post as it is not meant to recruit people but to get suggestions and feedback before we launch)

If you have the time, please read my site found below my signature and offer up some advice. Will this concept take off? Why or why not? Is the compensation package attractive enough? Web content confussion? Any advice. Thank you.
  2. opendomain New Member

maybe i'm just not seeing the innovation. This looks like what many other hosting companies do. Kiosk.ws for instance.

Also,
    i've noticed that with many "builders" incorporating adsense and other affiliate programs is very difficult. How does bui handle such items?
  3. pcwork New Member

Squidoo has a similar concept , but payments are delayed
  4. Newbie Shield Gold Member

danbu1,

There are quite a few sites and software programs that allow users to create a WYSIWYG site - including updating the site.

Is it possible that you've described it "wrong" or have left the innovative portion out of your description?

Newbie Shield
  5. danbu1 New Member

Sorry guys. I meant my business model. My competitors sell websites the conventional way. I broke down the components that make up a website development company and offer up incentive to entrepreneurs to capitalize on. My interest is to truely allow as much incentive for the people involved so that I can get traffic. As high as 80% of residual hosting income is paid out. In return, by spreading the sales people by Cities, I can easily get them to sell a few local ads for me each where I get my income.

Anyway, the fact that you guys did not realize the business model right way tells me that I have a problem with my content. Thank you for your honest feedback.
  6. opendomain New Member

I would definately focus on describing the compensation plan better. I'm also unclear as to why you only want 50 people to work for you??? 1 in each state or city is how I read that. I would not limit myself by that.
  7. danbu1 New Member

The reason for the limited position by Cities was to ensure that we would not have market saturation. Also, for owners to make money selling local ads we need people that will do face-to-face sales for us.

Anyway, the information I got here was very helpfull. Thank you.
  8. aplina New Member

you go ahead , ofcrouse there are alot of comptition, the best you can do is to make your different. but then again if your limiting to afew people you may not get the cake.
  9. neilac New Member

This is a great idea, please contact me. I am looking at doing this in just my own locale, but I believe I have some good ideas. We're on the same wavelength and we could brainsorm. [email protected].
  10. profitgenie New Member

Not bad, website nicely set up but I didn't think there were any get it now triggers in there that would want me want to build a web page with you over any one else.

If i'm buying i like to see the benefits of what i'm buying nice and easily spelled out on first page before i have to read a lot of text.

good luck

PG
  11. ItsMoneytime New Member

I see what you're doing, there's only 1 problem. Everyone else is doing it. You have to think what do they have and what could I offer that they dont have.
  12. mrslalas7 New Member

Hmmm. I wonder why? It's been a while since I used squidoo.pcwork: Squidoo has a similar concept , but payments are delayed
  13. The_man New Member

Could you add features to the site, personally tailored to the user's preferences?

I'm thinking like, for the teenage demographic who wants a website that doesn't look like everyone else's, pop-up features within a page. maybe one pops up with a chat room, another with a slideable gallery of pictures from a vacation.

Or, for the professional with time on their hands, a sidebar that has tips for that next marketing meeting, or a built in shopping widget for the perfect suit.