I do not know what is worse?

Discussion in 'General Advice' started by sarauk, Aug 9, 2010.

1. sarauk New Member

Getting your article stolen with no link to you or your site or linking the article and attribute it to you but with changes! And I mean what changes! Text language changes!

I checked my webmaster tool to see that I have a backlink for one of my articles, I checked the site to see that my article was re written with text language!! Example of the horror " these R few way z u can start" " did u know z there R several ways in do making money"

I rather lose the back link than get THAT attributed to me!! I hate text language![IMG]
  2. drknlvly6781 Member

Wow, sorry to hear that. I would say it is way worse to have an article that is rewritten horribly attributed to you, rather than someone stealing your article without the credit. Now people will think that you wrote that article like that, and it will mar your online reputation.

What do you plan to do to resolve this issue?
  3. A8ch Gold Member

sarauk: Getting your article stolen with no link to you or your site or linking the article and attribute it to you but with changes! And I mean what changes! Text language changes!
    Talk about adding insult to injury!

Getting articles stolen with no link back to you or your websie is one of the minor negatives that must be factored into article marketing. Fortunately, the incidents are so few that the overall impact is hardly noticed.

But to have your article rewritten with the abbreviated drivel that's common to texting these days, can certainly leave the wrong impression of your writing style in the reader's mind.

It also demonstrates exactly how lazy the poor thief is: too lazy (or ignorant) to write an original article, and too lazy to type three letters when one would do. Example: "u" instead of "you".

For me, it's the kind of situation where I respond with a smile, a shake of the head and pity for the perpetrator.

And so it goes...

Hermas
  4. drknlvly6781 Member

I agree with Hermas. This person probably won't get many views, so it won't be many to see this bad article, more than likely.
  5. sarauk New Member

Thanks guys

I wrote to them but it does not look like it will change, the whole site is rewritten with other people's stuff but text language in every part, does that fool Google as unique content?
  6. Paul DArcy New Member

sarauk: ..... text language in every part, does that fool Google as unique content?

Gosh, that's a good question....
    It seems that yes, it would be unique content. However, I wonder if Google downgrades the content because of the 'jibberish factor' ??

Hopefully the content has to be readable and intelligently written in order to be ranked, but who knows?

Sorry about the shanking you took.
    Makes me want to do a little digging myself [IMG]
  7. drknlvly6781 Member

I'm not sure. It must since this isn't the only instance of this I have heard of, but at the same time, I don't think it ranks them very highly. To do that you need visitors that stick and stay long enough to read something, and who will read that?
  8. mountainmom5 Gold Member

sarauk: I rather lose the back link than get THAT attributed to me!!
    I am SO with you on that one...I am leaning towards the fact that they won't get much traffic AND that anyone too lazy to write complete words is also too lazy to stick with it until there IS traffic...

But then who knows... WHAT IF text language is actually working????

Frightening thought! (to me anyways)[IMG]
  9. j11_cook New Member

YIKES. This is cruel and unusual punishment for no crime committed. I feel your pain and hate that it happened. Wish we could do something to help. LOL.
  10. Cesar Fasano New Member

I have suffered from this practice too...

It looks like there is a group of lazy ones ready to steal others ideas. I haven't found a way around this yet...Once I do, I'll let you know.

Cesar F.
  11. drknlvly6781 Member

There is no way around it. There will always be unscrupulous individuals that are looking for any shortcut they can take to riches.

But take comfort in knowing that until they change their ways and actually put the work in, they will never see it!