I feel like giving up

Discussion in 'General Advice' started by JPaskie, Jun 11, 2012.

1. hazyl

hazyl New Member

I always believe that if you want to change your life, the very first thing is to change YOURSELF! and also be strong when you are facing problems.

Do not give up!

[imgs=http://hazyl-lee.com/wp-content/uploads/2012/06/484321_431203596910531_358234890_n.jpg]d on't give up[/imgs]
  2. shopper

shopper New Member

I'm the biggest slacker, and I've managed to build something out of nothing. First of all, some people will try to make this work at home thing seem easy. It ain't for the faint of heart. Trust me, if you're looking to log on and, Voila!, millionaire. Forget it. It's hard work, mostly because you have to stay motivated, and you have to do a lot of training in the form of research to know exactly what to sign up for. I felt like you do when I first started blogging. I though I would write, monetize my blog, and the cash would start rolling in. It's only because I stuck with it, (even when tumbleweeds were rolling through my site on a daily basis), and continued to work for it, that I made it into a residual income. And still it's not a lot of money! If you're in it to win it, do not put all of your eggs in one basket. My advice: try some programs with little risk. Never think that that will be your sole way to make money. I see every program as a stepping stone to something else. Don't get discouraged because it doesn't work out. Keep going. No matter what. Even when you feel like crap. It's the times when you work even when you feel nothing is happening that push you over the hill.
  3. IslandBlogger

IslandBlogger New Member

JPaskie, all I have to say is do not give up. It doesn't matter what your ability or disability is. In the past few weeks I've met three disabled or rather "differently abled" persons whose achievements are just amazing. One who stands out is a man who has no legs from just under the hip and runs a successful upholstery business and has managed to build up a massive network. If you see this man move around, it's unbelievable. Another is blind and just started her online business a few months ago and manages to pull in $1000 a month. Whatever you do do not give up. Choose a business and a method that fit your own abilities and then work the hell out of it! Do NOT give up.
  4. Rascal

Rascal New Member

I agree with KB24. You need to focuse on one idea and stick with it. Also, Chris Farrell is a great teacher and teaches everything in a real simple to understand way.

[Links go in the signature - Admin]
  5. Blogging Rapper

Blogging Rapper New Member

Hey there [​IMG] Just wanted to add to the conversation. I only started doing affiliate marketing a week ago and although ideally I expected to start earning money right away because every online company fills you up with ideas on what you CAN earn.... truth is, it just takes time.

But of course, the moment you get discouraged, the road to success looks bleak.

The keyword here on what makes the rich people successful: Their thoughts.

Several people here have already said the same thing. It's all about perception. You can't see the finished product yet, but without believing in it, you'll never get there.

What do you have to lose by believing in yourself? NOTHING. However, you have everything to gain from it.

Pick your chin up, quit attacking people trying to help you and get moving! We're all in this race together!
  6. A8ch

A8ch Gold Member

Blogging Rapper: But of course, the moment you get discouraged, the road to success looks bleak.
    So true!

Getting discouraged is a common human reaction, especially when you find yourself in an uphill battle. It's a mental construct that interferes with your judgment, alters your perception and deflates your enthusiasm.

That chain of events can rapidly weaken your resolve and potentially derail your efforts... but only if you cave in to the deceptive messages.

When you find yourself getting discouraged, simply flip that feeling. Use it as a signal to redouble your efforts, change your strategy and find a way, but don't give in.

When the going gets tough, the tough gets going.

Hermas
  7. Blogging Rapper

Blogging Rapper New Member

Heh yeah this past week I've gone to bed encouraged, but woken up discouraged. After waking up though, I discipline my mind to be encouraged again.

A lot of spiritual philosophy can be incorporated into this. There's a scripture from the Bible that says "The power of life and death are on the tongue." So by saying "I can't do this"... you're making yourself fulfill that notion. By saying "I can do this!" You're putting your frame of mind into a successful path.

Just ignore the negative thoughts that pop in your mind. A8ch said it best, just flip it!
  8. Just2EZ

Just2EZ Moderator

Blogging Rapper: ignore the negative thoughts that pop in your mind.

Becoming aware of the negative thoughts can be difficult in a busy world.
    So many negative influences telling us reasons we can't do "it".
    Follow your heart and don't let anyone steal your dreams.
    Surround yourself with people who support your dreams.
    Build a support team who "can do" whatever you "can't".
    "Teamwork makes the dream work" (CEO Space motto)
  9. simonfunhouse

simonfunhouse New Member

HEllo people.

Thank you for your posts. They are great and help people keep things in prespective.

Keep up the good work.

Simon
  10. Azmos

Azmos New Member

Hi,

I'm Azman. You spend many years thinking(but not doing or applying it) but could not make any income online. I think I know what your problem is. You have NO PATIENCE. Believe me, you are not a QUITTER. Don't tell me now that you're 90 years old.

In online business, stick to only one thing. Maximum 2. Along the way you'll learn, learn and learn. Then you'll see money. A baby will not walk once he/she was born. The baby has to learn to walk then they start to run.

Azman
    <Snip>
    [Post edited. Link removed - Admin]
  11. JPaskie

JPaskie Member

Ok I have come back to this thread once or twice and noticed a few times people picking up on some semantics - to clarify, I was thinking AND trying - not just sitting and thinking.
  12. Just2EZ

Just2EZ Moderator

Semantics is everything, especially in our self talk.
    Words have power, choose them wisely.
    "Try not. Do, or do not. There is no try." Yoda
  13. chadarcy

chadarcy Member

I wanted to back JPaskie here and say that he definitely is not the type to just sit back and do nothing. We all have spent time going in circles, trying programs, not succeeding and then going back to the drawing board testing a new idea, again not working, and yes sometimes our lack of success is due to not being motivated or lack of patience. But then there is the matter of finding, which can be very hard, a program or business that fits you. Then it clicks, and you begin to get motivated and excited because this time you feel it is very different than the rest, and that is when we put true effort into making something succeed.

JPaskie, I believe has now found that, and let me just say that anyone that is lucky enough to work alongside of JPaskie will no doubt be successful along with him. It wasn't a matter of him being lazy, but more finding the right program that fit himself so that he could show off the skills I have seen. I know motivation and laziness are not an issue at all with JPaskie, and I also know that he is sooooo eager to help lead others in the same direction he is going.

I happen to be JPakies's sponsor, but know that it really should be the other way around. I am learning more from him than he is from me!!

Chad
  14. JPaskie

JPaskie Member

15. mountainmom5

mountainmom5 Gold Member

Haha JPaskie... I was just about ready to ask what you are doing on this thread as you seem to be pretty active on the the JustBeenPaid thread... in fact, I was thinking about signing up under you just to see what all the racket is about over there. :cool:

So if you see my name in there, that's why. I might poke around a bit and see what happens. :p
  16. Marco Casario

Marco Casario New Member

My personal inspiration is envy. Yes, I envy success stories specially rags to riches story. If they can do it why can't I? And so things become a personal obsession and I let it grow on me until I step back to assess my achievement which is short once again. But looking back I can see where I came from and how far I have come around and so I tell myself... it is better to have tried and lost than not to have tried at all... and smile...
  17. Ritu Anand

Ritu Anand Member

Sorry, but I think you have a terrible case of Excuseitis. So many people have given you so much good advice. You asked for a mentor and then when someone comes in to help you call him a "troll". With an attitude like that you cannot get anywhere.

Your disability is your attitude. "Winners never quit and quitters never win" - Your choices in life are yours alone. You can choose to be a winner or a quitter and you will be the sole beneficiary of what you plan to do with your life.:( I do wish you would choose not to quit. All the best.:)
  18. uncmonk27

uncmonk27 New Member

Never give up, even when it may seem the whole world is against you! I've been rock bottom more than once but it's only temporary, knowledge is power and experiences shape us for who we are and how we can progress.
  19. jefftd77

jefftd77 New Member

Put your nose to the grindstone and focus... the problem is sometimes people go off on too many tangents and have multiple 'half-ass' projects instead of one good one... I was the same way when I got into it and went on and off online marketing for years before finally giving it 100%..

Keep focused and keep at it!

Jeff
  20. Adrian

Adrian Member

Hi JPaskie. The last thing you want to do is give up online my friend.Making a full-time income from home on your computer is possible.Believe in yourself as well as the internet.Look at it this way Jpaskie there about a Billion people online at any given time.Think what you could do if you managed to tap into 1/2 of 1 percent of that audience.Think how financially free you would be. Most online marketers give up just around the time when all their hard work is about to produce results. I want to see you succeed JPaskie hang in there it will pay off.