I feel like giving up

Discussion in 'General Advice' started by JPaskie, Jun 11, 2012.

1. Okiepoke

Okiepoke New Member

I can appreciate what you are going through. This is why 97% of the Home Based Businesses fail. Companies are great in creating products and comp plans, but it's up to you to know how to Market your business. This, if you don't know how, is left up to you to learn. There are a ton of systems, products, and people out there that make a VERY good living at helping people learn to Market, even if it's a system that is outdated, overused and ineffective. So, what's the answer?

First of all, one must go back to the basics. #1) Mindset. I'm not going to pump you up with flowery phrases, I give solutions. Every weekday morning there is a company generic conference call that you probably will find very advantageous. This is put on by a friend of mine and very successful online marketer, Paul Hutchings, called "Think and Grow Rich" Call. This is free and can be accessed by dialing 712-432-0900 access code 565762. This call is every morning at 9am Eastern, 8am central, 7 mountain, and 6 pacific time. It lasts about an hour and has hundreds of entrepreneurs on it, with study of the book and discussions on how to become successful. A week of participating in this call and you will see your mindset change.

#2) An Effective Plan of Action. By what you've already said, I think it's safe to say what you have been doing is not working. May I suggest a different approach? I don't know what your business is, but then that really doesn't matter. What is the #1 reason why so many small businesses fail? They have run out of people to talk to. Whether it's getting traffic to your website, sending out emails or phone calls, or having someone in front of you to hear your product pitch, it comes down to this: If you have no one to talk to, you're unemployed. To effectively market online, you must create a list of interested prospects that want to hear what you have to say.

#3) Tools. Many marketers don't have a very good toolbox of marketing tools, mostly because, up until now, they have been too expensive to accumulate. Plus, what few tools most people do have, they have no clue how to maximize them. It really doesn't matter how computer savvy you are, most of the tools are easy to learn how to use with a little bit of proper training. Unfortunately, many of the developers of these tools think everyone is as computer literate as they are and teach so far above the heads of the students that they get scared and don't use them. Hence, the hard earned money you spent on those tools go to waste. Tools should be free, and are if you know where to look.

This should help you get things going, start with the Think and Grow Rich call and expand from there.
  2. Anniediva

Anniediva New Member

I am new here and new to the online at home business business so, at the moment, I can't say I have experienced enough to tell you what would work for you but DON'T GIVE UP!! All I can offer is my heartfelt support. I really believe that there are many, realistic financial possibilities online and I have faith that those of them here online with WAY more experience than me will be able to give you some realistic ideas. Just give it some more time and when I have a bit more experience, I'll be back! DON'T GIVE UP!!!
  3. April Adams

April Adams New Member

Hmmm...I'm brand new to this forum, and this is my first post.
    I chose to respond to this thread, because I've been trying to work at home for a long time with frustrating results.
    I finally took a few months to relax my mind and put thing into perspective. It seems that my entire problem was that I wanted to work at home. Period. No matter what it was.
    As I let my mind recoup, I realized that I was going to have to do something that I loved. I'm building a website around a theme that I totally enjoy. I've also got several ways to monetize it.
    Am I in a hurry? Yes and no. Being in a hurry was what destroyed my last attempt at staying home and working.
    Sure, I'd like to have things happen NOW, but I keep in mind that there may not be a tomorrow.
    Enjoy your life and what you have. Work on things as you're able to, but most importantly, find something you love. Otherwise, you'll grow to resent the time that you put into your project.
    Best of Luck!
    neonpossum and Just2EZ like this.
  4. westfam11

westfam11 Member

JPaski:

I struggle with physical issues also and I have been able to make some things work. There are so many things one can do but just pick one to start and keep at it until you see some results. They do not happen overnight.

Also, to make anything work you have to want it bad enough. Maybe sitting down and writing "why" I want or need to work from home and see if your why is big enough.

Good luck.
  5. Jay Nalette

Jay Nalette New Member

I read your post and it is very dis-heartening to read. I too have been in your shoes and not so long ago. I won't go into a long story, but I think that my issue at the time was that I was bouncing around too much and not completing something I had started either. I recently did a motivational video for my team about "How I believe in you and don't give up" It touched so many people, friends, family and even my team. When I told them that I did it for me first, so that way I heard it from my own mouth to my own ears. Ever since I did the video, whenever I feel like giving up, I replay it until I believe in myself. Since I had done the video and sent it out, I have gotten team members, my family and friends see me in an entirely different light, and I will not ever give up on myself or anyone else. You need to find your "WHY" and keep telling yourself this every day. I would love to share the video with you, but I cannot post it here in the forum. May I give you an idea? Why not find someone that you connect with as a friend, mentor or leader and have them help you through this rough spot? I encourage my team and I am one of the sponsors that are really not known, as I believe in my team members and they have my phone number, my skype and my email and I am readily available to them from 9 AM EST to 11 PM EST, and I genuinely care for and about them and are there for them. Do yourself the favor and find someone like that for yourself? There is a silver lining to every cloud and I wish you to find your inner peace, and your "WHY" that keeps you motivated and keeps you going.
    The best of luck to you...Don't give up..I didn't and glad I didn't! I wasn't expecting what was around the next corner!
  6. Ria

Ria New Member

Hey, don't give up. You have to fight until the end. But don't wait to someone who will fly you. Other people can only give their one hand to ensure that they can help you but at the end you will find the way to succeed.
  7. westfam11

westfam11 Member

If you quit you will never have success. The only way to have success is to never, ever, quit. Success could be just
    around the corner. Don't give up!
  8. mbasa

mbasa Member

There is nothing to say that has not been said already - I just want to say I understand where you come from. It was until I identified my problem that I managed to build an internet business. My problem was inconsistency and doing program to program hoping. Now that I know this - I decided to build myself a website so that I have a base. My site has a theme in terms of the type of online programs that I do. This helps me not to get distracted by the "shiny objects" you find online.

I also started to build a list of subscribers - now, this is something I wish I had started earlier on. I hope my experience will be of some help.
  9. Tom_Prendergast

Tom_Prendergast New Member

I started out in life on an overdose of Angel Dust. Some evil person dosed the punch at a party I was at, age 19. Over 50 people died and another 30 some wound up in mental hospitals. I escaped and lived like a wild animal on the streets. I slowly recovered, years to learn how to talk again. I lived in a tree for several years recovering in the Santa Cruz mountains. It is a very long story. I am 60 today, married, successful, kids, etc.

My story is really just a story and others have faced far greater challenges then I did.

The common thread for all people that overcome and succeed is forgiveness, faith and determination.

Never give up - No Arms, No Legs No Worries - Nick Vujicic

Go watch Nick!

You have a great amount of blessings, pray for wisdom so you learn how to use them. Go ahead, you can do it!

Thomas Prendergast
    CEO
    Veretekk.com, Inc.
    Mother Eckburg likes this.
  10. Mother Eckburg

Mother Eckburg New Member

The post above has a very good message more ways than one.
  11. YAGOOFT

YAGOOFT Member

Good subject,

Everyone has gone through the same issues, and unless you can learn from your failures, you will never see success. We have all failed, it is just a fact of life, but you have to learn from your mistakes to avoid them in the future. Might sound like simple advice, but the fact remains, you will average five failures before you see success, so don't give up, keep trying as many have stated is the only way to find success.

Good luck to all,
  12. swampqueen32

swampqueen32 Member

To succeed without failure is probably impossible, but could provide one with a false sense of security.
    Failure provides a valuable education... it just doesn't seem like it at the time.
    ;)
    payment proof likes this.
  13. John Liew

John Liew New Member

Sometimes you need to do work correctly, only then you get results you want

For example, I click the link in your signature and see what you recommend,
    I click, see and not interested to your offer ... and of course I leave you forever .. bye bye ...

You lose me forever ....

But ... how about I give you my email address first, to subscribe your list and after that
    see what you offer? In this case, if I'm not interested, I won't sign up to your offer but
    at least you have my email address, and so you can send me another offers in future

This is what I'm doing now ... setup a simple landing page, collect visitors email address
    and bring them to my leader's blog (a blog that offers bonus, free training videos)

If my leads don't like this time? Never mind, I can send them other offers or follow up
    them by asking why they don't join, what they want, and see what I can do for them ..

Take it easy, not everyone will like you what you offer, the most important you do it correctly without
    scamming people, and do some daily exposure like posting in forum, then you will
    see the result in near future.
  14. DCollier

DCollier Member

15. CRIPLEY

CRIPLEY Member

It hardly ever happen over night. Hang in there and learn all the methods of presenting you program to the public through the internet. You will find people who will see what you see in your program. Good Luck and God Bless!
  16. neonpossum

neonpossum New Member

Just wanted to say that I have been reading through these posts, and I think it is just amazing how positive and supporting you all are! You have really inspired me, I love this place!
  17. mrozdak

mrozdak New Member

Have you tried Leapforce, im having success there in my first month... Independent Contractor, but great hourly for a no phone wah job.
  18. kimboathome

kimboathome New Member

I think we can stop posting replies guys. This person is obviously a lost cause...
    robinincarolina likes this.
  19. driverds

driverds New Member

Eric Worre sent me a message today which I sent to my team, it seemed to spark a lot of reaction, especially as we never need to leave home with our business:

You are not alone. I know it feels that
    way sometimes in our business. It can
    be a lonely effort sometimes. For the
    most part, you are calling on your own,
    meeting prospects on your own,
    driving to meetings on your own, etc.
    etc.

But in your quest to fulfill your dreams
    in Network Marketing, you are NOT
    alone. First, there are people in your
    company who are invested in your
    future. Second, there are millions of
    people around the world doing exactly
    what you're doing right now. And
    third, I'm your biggest fan and I KNOW
    you're going to make it to the top.

I believe it, even if you don't right now.
    So if you're doubting yourself, borrow
    a little of that belief.

You've got this. It's going to take some
    work and some time, but it will all be
    worth it.

I hope that helps and make it a GREAT
    week!

David

(Sorry about the signature, didn't know it was there)
    kimboathome and Mother Eckburg like this.
  20. Eric Verde

Eric Verde New Member

kimboathome and Just2EZ like this.