I keep getting suspended from Yahoo answers

Discussion in 'Work at Home Dads' started by Dermot, Jan 13, 2013.

1. Dermot

Dermot New Member

Hi Everybody. My name is Dermot, I'm from Ireland. I'm new to this forum and I just want to introduce myself.
    Anyway I just have a question I hope somebody might help me with.
    I had an account with Yahoo answers. I had built up over 800 points on my account, so I had spent a good bit of time on it. I never spammed or posted affiliate links, only posting links to relevant content on my site in the source box. I made sure to give accurate and helpful answers and even got quite a few "Best answers". Then suddenly, in the space of about 5 minutes I got 4 messages saying that my answers were reported for breaking guidelines and my account was suspended. When I appealed I was told to read the guidelines, which I did but could'nt see what I had done wrong.
    I opened a new account and built up to over 400 points when exactly the same thing happened.

Has this happened to anybody else, could someone be reporting maliciously. I can't figure it out. Any help please

2. Kyle_K

Kyle_K Member

I got kicked off as well. I provided relevant answers without spamming. It's a joke. I refuse to go there ever again.
    Yahoo has always been a little funny.

3. Dermot

Dermot New Member

Yea, it's so frustrating when you spend so much time building up your points and then have it wiped out just like that. I never tried forum posting before but I might just stick with it and see how it goes

4. I have decided to stop answering Yahoo questions as well because it happened to me too.. :(

I spent quiet a lot of time with Y! answers before until I got banned and they did not provide me the reason why I was banned. Anyway, got myself a new account and moved on.... :)

5. happywife

happywife Gold Member

Hi Dermot,

Lovely to have you join us here. Yes, I've had the same experience with Yahoo Answers (about 5 years ago) as you and the others have described. I also provided a lot of quality answers and never could get a "real" response from anyone in support (just the standard form letter) so I moved on.

I think a lot depends on the type of questions that you're answering. There seem to be some people who have built up a reputation in certain categories and "report" anyone who comes along to threaten their expert status, etc. It's really ridiculous but because they don't have a proper review system it is what it is and not worth worrying about.

The links aren't that valuable anyway, so you'd be better off finding somewhere else to post on occasion - good quality blogs and forums where you build up a good reputation is probably the best option.

Spend the most time writing and adding content on your own site. That's going to get you the farthest in the long run. :)

Blessings,
    Angie

6. Dermot

Dermot New Member

Hi Angie, you know that had actually crossed my mind too. I was concentrating on the "advertising & marketing" category. I noticed there were some people there with over 100,000 points, and I had wondered if maybe one of them thought I was giving a little too much info in my answers and reported me out of spite.
    Anyway I think I'll give them a miss and stick to forum posting instead.
    Thanks
    Dermot

7. Kyle_K

Kyle_K Member

That's why Yahoo is funny. They have no real administration or structure. There was a time when I used their chat software and techies developed ways to boot others off. There was never any monitoring or moderating of it what-so-ever. I won't waste my time with Yahoo anymore.

8. Dermot

Dermot New Member

I agree Kyle. I had opened a new account with them (one last chance) answered 6 questions and got reported again. This is the answer I was reported for,
    "One of the main reasons for rejection by adsense is if you dont have a privacy policy, terms & conditions, & earnings disclaimer on your site. This is by far the biggest reason for rejection. A search on google for pre-written templates should easily solve your problem"
    I have since closed my account completely.

9. payment proof

payment proof Well-Known Member

I've also had the same issue with Yahoo Answers and their support never responds. I think there are a number of trolls on Yahoo Answers who report legitimate posts just for the fun of it, and that the suspensions are automatic based upon the number of those bogus reports.

10. Dermot

Dermot New Member

Exactly. They say that you can get your points back if your appeal is successful, but I wonder is there ever a successful appeal

11. payment proof

payment proof Well-Known Member

I would guess there are very few successful appeals. Or maybe Answers ignores all of them lol.

12. PeterMFL

PeterMFL Active Member

13. YAGOOFT

YAGOOFT Active Member

Agreed, it use to be of value in the beginning as you became a valuable contributor and got your points up there as I had done, but overall, not worth the time, and you are right, it is so easy to get terminated as anyone can make a complaint and poof, you are suspended with little or no recourse. Too much useless information being posted last time I looked, so not worth the time.

Best success to all,

14. aaronrod309

aaronrod309 New Member

Same happened to me, I don't really know what's going on with yahoo, but this is not fair. :/

15. KB24

KB24 Active Member

I did the same thing I don't even bother anymore. I didn't spam or anything. Posted quality posts but I got banned. I wouldn't bother. Your better off putting quality content on your site.