I know... another desperate soul!

Discussion in 'General Advice' started by JPaskie, Apr 29, 2012.

1. JPaskie Member

Hi, I know I'm not really supposed to sign up and say 'Hi, where do I start?' but I looked around at other posts and just got so confused. [IMG]

I live in Australia (which is an important factor on what is available) and I live on Disability, I just want to earn the smallest amount of money, and maybe continue from there.

Really... where do I start? What is the best starting place for a novice? I don't mind working my butt off, I just want something legit, I feel like affiliate and MLM and stuff have just been sucked dry these days too.

Thanks guys,

James.
  2. Matt Zenittini Silver Member

James,

Many people make a full time income with affiliate marketing and MLM.

Also, many NEW people join both types of programs and are able to create incomes. The market is not dry, it is just changing and continuing to expand.

It's easy to get confused with lots of information out there.

I recommend starting off with one of the two. I have a friend that just started with One Week Marketing Plan.

You can check that book out by googling it. There is also something called the 30 day challenge that is free and teaches you how to make your first few dollars online using affiliate marketing.

Another highly recommended one from members of this forum is Site Build it. It teaches you to build an affiliate marketing business and takes care of your web hosting.

There are lots of programs out there that are legitimate ones.

I recommend finding a good starting point and mastering it.

Any one of those programs can help to guide you where you want to go.

Matt
  3. Kyle_K Member

Welcome to the forum James. There are many different options for someone to get involved and begin a business from home. A lot of money usually isn't required either. As for being in Australia, don't let that discourage you. The company that I am with is international, and I know that they do distribute to Australia as do many others. You just have to find something that you feel you can do and go for it.

Also, this is a great forum with many great members who are very knowledgeable and helpful.
  4. JPaskie Member

Thankyou both very much for your input - I'll look into each of those options that you suggested Matt and will also look around on this forum.

Thanks [IMG]
  5. Matt Zenittini Silver Member

Sounds good [IMG]

Good Luck!

BTW:

I think HapypWife on this forum is from Australia and uses SBI for her full time income.

Matt
  6. FreeCashMan Active Member

Remember it works if you work it!

Affiliate marketing...going, going, going STRONG!
    MLM...going, going, going Great!

People fail at all sort of things and they win at all sorts of things that others fail at.

In the case of the 2 above, it comes down to marketing. If you find someone that is having success you find that they have a marketing method to make that success happen. That method is this...

Consistent & Effective Marketing.
  7. happywife Gold Member

Hi James,

Matt's right. I live in Australia and enjoy online marketing, so it's definitely not out of the question. There are some companies that you won't be able to work with, but plenty others to choose from. The internet shrinks the world these days, so it's usually not a problem.

The suggestions/options Matt mentioned are all legit. I think the 30 Day challenge is a bit too challenging for someone who is just starting out, to be honest. [IMG] It's not that the information isn't useful, but rather I think it's too many different directions at once, with a lot of things that aren't really necessary to know and get into right away.

That's just my personal opinion based on my own experiences starting out. Not everyone is as technically challenged and "green" as I was starting out, so others may find it manageable. You'll have to judge for yourself.

As Matt mentioned, I use SBI (Site Build It) to build my online business and love it. I started out with affiliate marketing, but I'm in an MLM in Australia, too. It's a nutritional supplement company (AIM Australia) that originated in the US/Canada and now has several branches worldwide.

I use one of my websites (allaboutparasites(dot)com) to market those nutritional products online rather than offline, so you can eventually combine both types of marketing (and even more) as you grow and develop your online presence.

If you only need to make a small income and don't get the "bug" to keep growing more and more, affiliate marketing may be all you ever need to do. Time will tell. [IMG]

Do look around at the different options and resources and then feel free to ask specific questions if you're stumped. We all will do our best to help.

Blessings,
    Angie
  8. A8ch Gold Member

Welcome aboard James.

If you are completely new to marketing online, you could start by investigating as many different kinds of opportunities as you can. Try to keep an open mind as you do this. The idea is to get a general understanding of how each one works, the pros and cons, the start up costs, the time investment required, and so on.

Then when you are ready, take a closer look at those that appeal to you the most and are within your range of affordability. You might discover that you have skills and experiences that better equip you to tackle a particular opportunity over another. Begin there, and then take action.

Recognize that there'll be a learning curve and challenges to surmount. That's important, because it's in the process of "doing" that you'll discover subtleties and nuances that are critical to developing a keener understanding of how things really work.

Then continue from there.

Hermas
  9. kellerbrianw New Member

Welcome, James! I, too, am new to this site but have been in business for years.

The folks above offer excellent advice which is worth using. If I could offer one thing, however, it would be: Limit the number of affiliate programs you join. There are many worthwhile programs out there, but don't sign up for too many. You'll think it will boost your potential income, but it has the opposite effect. Sometimes less is more.

Also, sign up for niche affiliate programs for which you have an interest. For example, you may have an interest in baby boomer dating, chihuahuas, or underwater basket weaving (just kidding--maybe). Become the expert in your niche and it could pay off nicely.

Here's to your success!

Brian
  10. talfighel Silver Member

JPaskie: I feel like affiliate and MLM and stuff have just been sucked dry these days too.
    These will never dry up especially the MLM industry. There will always be people who are looking for these types of opportunities.
  11. JPaskie Member

Thanks guys, especially happywife, for all the input! I'm definitely absorbing it all in at the moment :p
  12. hagarbomb New Member

Hi James, im also new to affiliate marketing, tho I have been making small amounts of money from other ventures online for a few years. In my opinion, affiliate marketing will never dry up. Millions of pounds are being spent every day on the internet. Affiliate marketing involves directing people to a place they want to spend their cash, then taking a percentage of what they spend. As long as money is being spent online, there will always be a place for affiliate marketers to make cash. You just need to find a good product to promote that people actually want to buy, then learn how to market it. It can be a slow process, but if you're determined enough, you will get there in the end [IMG]
  13. JPaskie Member

Yes, that has certainly been the take-away message I've recieved here!

I'm currently looking at The Challenge, formerly the 30-Day Challenge. It's changed a lot by the looks of it, it's now 7 weeks of 30mins a day, very simple and smooth in the way it's presented, not sure what it'll be like once I get into the grit of it, but very grateful for the suggestion Matt!

Definitely would be my #1 recommendation to all newbies out of everything I've seen so far.
  14. happywife Gold Member

JPaskie: It's changed a lot by the looks of it, it's now 7 weeks of 30mins a day, very simple and smooth in the way it's presented,
    That sounds much more manageable. Hopefully it will make the whole thing less "manic" than it seemed to be when I reviewed it a few years ago. [IMG]

At the very least you'll get a good general idea of the various tools and resources available and then you can pick and choose which ones to go forward with.

Let us know how you went at the 7 weeks. I, for one, would be very interested in your "after" thoughts.

Blessings,
    Angie
  15. JPaskie Member

Thanks Angie, will let you know how it goes. [IMG]

That's the direction they've certainly appeared to go in, I've heard them speak about the history and it seems it's been through quite a lot of devopment as it adjusts to the developing world of Internet Marketing.
  16. Matt Zenittini Silver Member

JPaskie: it's now 7 weeks of 30mins a day, very simple and smooth in the way it's presented,
    Very interesting! I hope it works out great for you.

JPaskie: but very grateful for the suggestion Matt!
    You are welcome !

happywife: Let us know how you went at the 7 weeks. I, for one, would be very interested in your "after" thoughts.
    Yes! It would also help new people if you "documented" your trip so to speak [IMG].

Matt
  17. JPaskie Member

Matt Zenittini: It would also help new people if you "documented" your trip so to speak
    I will write a bit of a review once I get into the meat of it. I'm not gonna document step-by-step though because I tend to get way too overexcited and I don't want to embarrass myself :p
  18. Matt Zenittini Silver Member

JPaskie: I will write a bit of a review once I get into the meat of it.
    Sounds good! [IMG]. I get excited for people diving into internet business :].

JPaskie: and I don't want to embarrass myself :p
    Haha we don't judge [IMG]!

Matt
  19. mreese601 Member

Okay the simple way to start making some real money online is find a problems and find a solution to that problem! Once you able to do that you can right your own check! Ex. People don't know how to build a website well you find a system that teach people how to build a website and then you make money for referring them to the system.
  20. JPaskie Member

Well I was kinda writing a review but apparently I got moderated and can't be bothered writing it again! So poo poo to you too.

Just having trouble at the moment identifying niches.