I made more in Squidoo than My blogs

Discussion in 'Squidoo' started by bOsiNg, Apr 14, 2009.

1. bOsiNg

bOsiNg New Member

I made a lens, about 2 months old now and I can say that I made more in Squidoo using amazon links than my affiliate links in my Blogs. I'm more focus in promoting my squidoo lenses now...

2. mountainmom5

mountainmom5 Gold Member

Awesome - I haven't put links to Amazon on my blogs yet, as I am using them to promote other stuff, but maybe I need to re-think that. [​IMG]

I love Squidoo, by the way. It is such a great (and free) way to link to all your other stuff...

3. cherie27

cherie27 New Member

Good for you. As long as you start to earn money, you will be more focused and motivated.

4. joyblogs

joyblogs New Member

What is actually squidoo?? where to sign it up?

5. samda

samda Member

Thats is right. I already have many friends saying the same things.

joyblogs: What is actually squidoo?? where to sign it up?
    Visit squidoo.com is a service where they provide free website for members. You may find a lot of things in their website.

6. Newbie Shield

Newbie Shield Gold Member

Congrats bOsiNg :)

Keep on rockin'

~Newbie Shield~

7. gridellas

gridellas New Member

Never thought about using the Amazon modules. Guess they do help out. Well I am going to edit my lens. Congrats Bosing! Glad to hear you have money come in and your efforts are paying off. [​IMG]

8. Aaronbiz

Aaronbiz New Member

joyblogs: What is actually squidoo?? where to sign it up?
    Squidoo, is like a Blog. Basically you set up a page known as a "lens"

Neat things you can do is:

1. Feed your last 2-3 Blog posts into your lense.

2. Add You Tube Video by "subject", so you are always getting fresh content.

3. As mentioned links to Books, CD's, Audio's

Squidoo comes into the Web 2.0 category and it ranks fast in the search engines depending on your topic.

Aaron Riddell
    Wellington
    New Zealand

9. jaesun16

jaesun16 New Member

How can I make my lens come up to search engine? like googles?

I have made many lens so far, but not many of them have visitors.

I think there are several way I can upload to amazon, or google

search [​IMG] Anyone? Please give me a answer~!![​IMG]

Happy day~^^[​IMG]

10. kitcate

kitcate New Member

Squidoo is like a blog... I find it more fun to create lenses than blogs... but I still do both! [​IMG]

11. Aaronbiz

Aaronbiz New Member

jaesun16: How can I make my lens come up to search engine? like googles?
    Hi there,

There are a couple of things that can assist you here.

1. Keyword rich content in your niche.
    2. Linking campaign. Massively.

I'm sure others can be added...

Aaron Riddell

12. earchie

earchie New Member

How much money can you earn doing this?

13. Aaronbiz

Aaronbiz New Member

earchie: How much money can you earn doing this?
    Hi Erika,

The best thing to do is to log in to Squidoo and have a look around at some of the member lenses to get ideas.

Some well known internet marketers have in excess of 20 lenses. So there must be money in it.

Aaron Riddell

14. Newbie Shield

Newbie Shield Gold Member

earchie: How much money can you earn doing this?
    Hi Erika,

The sky is the limit. It depends upon who the lensmaster is. A few months ago someone made over $1,000 on a single lens one month.

~Newbie Shield~

15. pcwork

pcwork New Member

With Squidoo, you rank better in search engines with a lens than a new blog because of the backlink you get from squidoo.com

16. jaesun16

jaesun16 New Member

Hi, I would recommend Squidoo~

It's easy to create and publish~

It's been a month using them

I have 6 of them, I like it!~

Happy day~^^[​IMG]

17. lauren227nicole

lauren227nicole New Member

I LOOOOOOOVE Squidoo! I found it by accident, then found out you could make money using it. It's just so fun to make lenses! Half of mine are just for fun, and not for profit, but I love learning new things and sharing it with others.

I also just signed up with Amazon to make a store on my site using the products there. I haven't implemented, but if what the original poster said was true, then maybe I should just sell Amazon products on my own site, coupled with Squidoo? Who knows....I guess I'll have to see how my affiliate stuff goes first.

18. Aaronbiz

Aaronbiz New Member

I have to admit I have come across some very creative Squidoo lenses in my time.

From the very humorous to political.

Aaron

19. gowriter

gowriter Member

Yeah, I love Squidoo and USfreeads.

Squidoo is like the uberblog where you can add tags, links, photos, videos, comments, RSS feeds, and you can a few bucks affiliating it. Compared to other article directories, Squidoo publishes right away without approval except for certain topics such as adult industry, pharmaceuticals, ringtones, etc.

USfreeads is basically classified ads that you can right the length of an article. You don't have the limitations of Craigslist. You can add photos and PayPal buttons. You can use it to sell your old furniture or affiliate products. You can list five ads free, or if you upgrade to the premium program for $10 a month, you can an unlimited number of articles to to USfreeads.

Both systems index and rank pretty high for content.

20. costaplenty

costaplenty New Member

Hello Everyone

I am new to this forum and am intrigued with all the comments about Squidoo. I too love squidoo. It is easy to use and allows links in the content. I haven't made money yet, but will set up amazon and also I like the idea about a You tube video to keep the lens fresh. I have been using squidoo for about a month now.

I guess I will be working on my lens's.

Thank you