I may close the ASD forum

Discussion in 'ASD - Ad Surf Daily' started by Vishal P. Rao, Jul 26, 2008.

1. LordAlan

LordAlan New Member

well i for one am happy you are keeping it open. i hava found that most all of the forms on this site is helpfull, and i hope to keep coming back to them for more ideas.
  2. psierra

psierra New Member

Yes!!! Excellent choice. Iggy is the man!! Free steaks for everyone!!!
  3. alasycia

alasycia New Member

4. tmorrison

tmorrison Member

5. iggyigette

iggyigette New Member

just a little bite...
  6. getagrip

getagrip Gold Member

Hey Iggy, what is the picture in your avatar?
  7. iggyigette

iggyigette New Member

An Eye.
  8. luvtravel

luvtravel New Member

Vishal P. Rao: OK I'm overwhelmed by your responses and I will keep the ASD forum open I'm appointing iggyigette as the moderator. I hope everybody concur with it.

I do concur with keeping it open...............

Hopefully this thread will be about ASD as it was meant to be
    (if you get my drift)
    I do come here to read about and listen to the latest goings on at
    ASD NOT about anyone else's nonsense.
    (oopss did I get the mod mad already??[​IMG]
  9. getagrip

getagrip Gold Member

iggyigette: An Eye.

Have you thought about putting something else up for your avatar? No offense, but its not exactly the most pleasant thing to look at...
  10. teydean

teydean New Member

I've been reading the ASD forum since day one (I actually made the very first post) and I can't thank you enough for deciding to keep it open. I have gained so much knowledge about ASD because of this forum. Nicholas said it the best, if it wasn't for this forum I would have lost interest a long time ago. Now, I can continue this journey with all the wonderful people of this forum, bashers and members alike. [​IMG]

Thank You! [​IMG]
  11. Gregory

Gregory New Member

The bashers and negative posters on this site DO NOT need to be tolerated. Much like Craigslist does with unallowed posts just delete them. Once we (the ASD members) continue to delete delete delete their posts they will go away and give up. If they wish to go start their own negative ASD forum more power to them. My suggestion is to have multiple moderators that will continuosly delete these posts. Bottom line is we make this forum,,,,,,, POSITIVE and nothing else. If you do not like...go away!!!!!
  12. smallmiracle

smallmiracle New Member

YIPPEE!!!!!!

YOU'VE MADE OUR DAY!!!!

THANK YOUUUUU!!!!!!!!!!
  13. Newbie Shield

Newbie Shield Gold Member

getagrip: Have you thought about putting something else up for your avatar? No offense, but its not exactly the most pleasant thing to look at...

I request the same, thanx.
  14. iggyigette

iggyigette New Member

Newbie Shield: I request the same, thanx.

Yoda looks better than the Eye??[​IMG]
  15. opendomain

opendomain New Member

I must admit I had mixed feelings about this ASD forum, if only because I started to get the impression it was becoming a cheerleading forum for ASD and wasn't really providing a good sense of what ASD was about, as both bashers and supporters often boiled threads down to bickering...BUT I must approve of the forum staying open for two reasons.
    1. It has remained civil and in the spirit of fairness about 80% of the information I'm sure has been helpful to someone or people would have stopped coming to it.
    2. Anything that is going to draw traffic to WAHF is a good thing.

I will say that the only qualm that does remain is that because of the amount of different posts in a day many of the posts that would be visited upon in the top 25, have of late, been ASD related and serve no function other than to say "ASD is Awesome" in some sense or another, and IMHO does not truly reflect the variety of programs represented in WAHF nor the vast resource that WAHF can truly be to the public in general when researching topics or seeking advice. I would ask the as the moderator Iggy you please use sound judgment in moving cheerleading threads into an "ASD is awesome" thread to limit the flooding of the top 25 board.

I mean if anyone wanted to, me included, they could tell their downline to simply flood a forum with pro posts or questions in order to keep their topic "hot". This is not something I have done (though it would be profitable for me) simply because it serves no one's purposes but my own. I have seen it done though and nothing annoys me more.

Best of luck to all you ASDers[​IMG]
  16. freebird658

freebird658 New Member

I know I'm late getting in on this discussion, but I want to say thanks to Vishel for keeping this forum open. There has been some really good discussions here, both positive and negative but that is what keeps it interesting and informative and it does help many to find the answers they need. I think most people can distinguish what is truth and what is opinion but still can get what they came here to find to either make a decision or form their own opinion.

Also choosing Iggy as the mod was an excellent choice! I enjoy the information he shares and how he can remain unbiased at the same time. Not to mention the humor he brings along with him at times.[​IMG]
  17. Newbie Shield

iggyigette: Yoda looks better than the Eye??

Iggy: Yoda's nostril hair looks better than that eye [​IMG]

Thanx for taking the avatar down.

Open: I agree, it has been little more than an aggressive advertising and recruiting campaign. I've seen it happen like this many times before with other programs on various forums.

It's disgusting and I agree that any of us could have set up a group to invade a forum as a gang and done the same for the sake of profit. But that's been one line we've had the courtesy and common sense not to cross.

I second the notion that seeing every other post in the top 25 as an ASD entry is getting old. Furthermore, it drowns out non ASD posts.

That's all for now.

~Newbie Shield~
  18. Caterina

Caterina New Member

Hey, NewbieShield and Opendomain.....you guys DO know that Vishal created this forum exclusively FOR ASD.......yes? That's why that's all you see on this particular page - posts about ASD.....it isn't a bunch of people flooding the forum to pump one program.....it's a bunch of people IN ASD (well, for the most part), discussing it.....

Or did I misunderstand your comments?
  19. EnjoyingItAll

EnjoyingItAll New Member

First of all THANK YOU for keeping the forum open. Lovely info given here.

Second - Congrats to you Iggy for being the Master of All!! Keep us all informed.

No steak for me, thank you!
  20. Newbie Shield

Hi Caterina,

We understand how this forum works and we know why the ASD folder was created.

Yes, you did misunderstand the comments, but that's okay.

Among other things, we were referring to the home page where the latest 25 discussions (or so) reside and get cycled down as they are temporarily replaced by newer discussions. It it titled "Latest Discussions". Just below it there is a link to view the last 100 Discussions. That link is near the bottom of the page.

Is there anything else you'd like to know about this forum?

I disagree about your opinion regarding whether or not forum flooding is occurring.

~Newbie Shield~