i need help, i want to work at home for and additional income

Discussion in 'Work at Home Moms' started by gataamo, Jan 17, 2010.

1. neveenapink

neveenapink New Member

I think carterstory gave you the best advice. Use all your skills to your advantage. There are many little opportunities floating around the internet that ask for bilingual people.

2. doncross

doncross New Member

have you tried amazon affiliate marketing,it is one of the most overlooked money maker.

3. OrganicWealth

OrganicWealth New Member

Well, do you want a job or a do you want a business? That is the big question. Having a business can provide you with so many perks like tax, convenience, no day care, freedom, flexibility, you get to work with whom you wan to work with. But also, having your own business is a lot of work, at least in the beginning, but I believe soo worth it! I've been in business, working at home for myself for a long time. Ya, sometimes I'm working at 8 p.m., but when I want a few days off, I can do that without a fuss from a boss. The small business person is up and coming in the world! I love it as that's what I've represented for decades. So, bottom line, J.O.B. or freedom ?

4. davidr

davidr New Member

mountainmom5

Hello, Online isn't always the best way to go. You have to be real careful with all the lies and hype so many people put out.

I have been marketing for 5 years and have tried over 50 online progams, some free and a few costing over $2000 to start. Made money but barely enough to cover my expenses much less the time spent.

Remembe 98% online entrepreneurs fail. Competition is overwhelming and everyone wants over night riches. This doesn't happen matter what you see on the internet. The few that do make fast money on a online program have been in the marketing biz for years and have a email list of tens of thousands to work with.

Take the time to learn everything you can about the program and person you will learning from.

5. ezfreemoney

ezfreemoney New Member

Gataamo,
    I realize your initial post is a bit old compared to my reply, but my experience proves there is a rule I live by. "What is easy to do, is also easy not to do." I believe this is where many people err in the attempts to create income from home. With a job you are committed to the processing of arriving hopefully on time and trading your time for the dollars you agreed to accept. That if the JOB way. It sounds like your looking for something better, which can give you more money and time to enjoy what the money freedom can give you.

With no starting budget you need to find to generate cash to grow a business as well as start and grow business relationships because it is impossible to do it all by yourself.

I'd love to share some free options with you, let me know if you're interested.

6. ronniebranch

ronniebranch Member

I've enjoyed the journey in working from home earning over $50,000 dollars without having to leave my house has been a blessing. Keep searching it's a wonderful journey. Take time to learn the skills and treat it like a business and one will go far.

Ronnie

7. davidr

davidr New Member

So many people forget about the tax benefits of having a home business. In most cases you do not need to have a business license, you can just say you are self employed. Check with a tax accountant to see if you can do this in your state. I got back a extra $2600 last year. Every bit helps.

8. Incomegenerator

Incomegenerator New Member

I agree with some of the posters in this thread. There are a lot of perks and benefits working from home. You just have to make sure you do your homework. Lots of research. And forums are definately a good way to get hones opinions about different ideas on working form home. You also have to make sure thats its right for you. And as others stated its a great tax benefits. There are free ways to start earning from home, and ways that youwill have to put in some money to build your business. Hope you find what your looking for.

9. feenux23

feenux23 New Member

Being self employed is definitely a big advantage over having a 9-5 job. First, is the flexibility it provides you by being able to work whenever you want with whomever you want. There's also the tax benefit where you can write pretty much anything that has to do with your business. Make sure you consult with a tax expert before you do this though.

Now, initially it will be difficult to get things up and running. I've been working from home for a few years now and I didn't do this overnight. There's millions of people out there trying to scam you for money and telling you lies that you will become rich overnight by purchasing their program or software. Let me tell you something, THERE's NO SUCH THING AS BECOMING RICH OVERNIGHT! Unless you win the lottery, but that's the only exception.

In order to become successful online, you have to be persistent and PATIENT. There are many factors that determine your success online or on any other home business for that matter. I'm currently involved with a free program that is very lucrative and is not overly saturated with people using it. Let me know if you're still looking around and I will provide you with the information.

Best of luck to you [​IMG]

10. amicof

amicof Member

Have you tried blogging? It's fun and it allows you to promote products of all kinds. Think about something you'd like to blog about...something you're really passionate about...that'a good way to start a blogging business...

11. frosties1

frosties1 New Member

Hi! I am sort of new to this forum, as a I was on it started when I first started on my quest for working at home and learnt quite a bit from here.
    I now have a full time job from home and work as an employee and I love it. On top of that, I have a few affiliate programs that I work on also and they are quite nice earners. So, it's definitely doable!

Always available for questions and good luck!!

12. Jermill Edwards

Jermill Edwards New Member

I am very proud of you that you are a beginner and starting at the right place. There are lots of opportunities out there that is free, and I mean really free. Some programs claim to be free then after joining they ask you to upgrade or buy endlessly. There is also a wealth of free training, one on one guidance and a co-op for guaranteed success. Avoid using words like "easy work", "make money fast", " and get rich quick", when using the search engines.
    Working from home is still work-money won't fall out the sky. The only difference is the location you work from.
    Good Luck!

13. Jermill Edwards

Jermill Edwards New Member

I am not an affiliate for alpine/arise, neither do they offer such programs. Just giving advice. I got my first work from home job from http://www.Alpineaccess.com and http://www.arise.com ,I later started my own business online. They require you to do a background check. You will be taking calls for companies (mostly phone companies) you choose your hours and the salary varies 11-15 per hour

14. alexmt0

alexmt0 New Member

Keep searching, sooner or later you will find your way in the Internet business. You will make mistakes, it's okay, the main thing is not to give up.

15. CatherineK

CatherineK Member

Yes, I think matching up your passion and any skills you may have helps. Do you know how to do something that others would like to learn from you? What are you willing to learn about?
    As said, you do need to research and learn before you start any new business venture. For example many wanna be affiliate marketers think it's as easy as getting a basic website online that has no basic SEO, but the visitors/traffic will come to them. This isn't the case. I'd suggest you keep reading information on forums and build up as much knowledge as you can about different ways to make additional income. Then and only then decide what is right for you.

If you end up wanting to get your own self hosted website online but don't know how, I have a free guide for that on my website (see below)

Good luck whatever you decide to do.