I want a REAL Opportunity. Not just BS. Show me proof yours works.

Discussion in 'General Advice' started by jvco, Sep 29, 2008.

1. jvco New Member

I have been marketing online for over a year now and have seen and tried so much garbage. Yes, I made some money here and there but nothing to brag about. I have tried 1 ups, 2 ups, unilevels, matrixes, safelists, affiliate programs and everything else under the sun. I have spent hours upon hours (staying up all day without going to bed) to try to make things work by doing what the "so-called big money makers" are doing. I have spent $thousands on advertising, PPC, safelists and more. I posted ads everywhere (craigslist, Free ads, newspapers) etc. I jumped into programs at the begining ( even being number #1 in a couple).

But what has it accomplished???? Nothing, I am struggling more now then before I began. Can someone please stop with all the BS and show me "real Proof" that there is a opportunity for a person who works 60 hours a week to make a decent income online.

I thank God for people like TJAM, Marv and others on this forum who shoot you straight and not try to "fake it".

Is there others out there like me or am I all alone on this subject?

jvco
  2. mellie79 New Member

hiya jvco,

I totally get what your saying about the BS out there. I the same have worked my butt off and made some money here and there but nothing substantial.

I have come to the conclusion that unless you are the owner of one of these companies there is no way to get rich quick on the net.

However if you are looking for a legit site i found one that made me my money back the same day and they pay through paypal so you get the money as soon as you send a refereal.

the site is called build cash 4 real and they do things a little different than what i have seen in the past. Seems like they really want to help you out to make some real money.

The best thing I liked about this site is that they dont ask you for 300-700 dollars to get started you can start at any level you feel comfortable at and the more you spend the higher your return is etc.

I started at level 1 which is 49 dollars one time fee and got my mother to sign up and made my money back. The rest will be profit.

hoping this one goes as well as i think it will

Mellie
  3. LauraLicata New Member

Hi JVCO,

I belong and seriously promote a program that is a real business. RIOY helps you build a business in 2 different companies, TriVita and the Liberty Health Network.

What I mean by building your business is you get into RIOY for $1500 and Karl Green, the founder of RIOY will send you $350 a month for 3 years so that you can purchase products and customers in TriVita and purchase products in LHN. So with that payment of $1500 you will be receiving $4200 after the first year.

I have been receiving those checks since the program started and I actually purchase more customers in TriVita monthly to speed up the process.

In addition, you will be earning commission checks from both companies and they will continue to grow as your group gets larger.

Realistically, I think that in 2 years, maybe 1 if you buy more customers, you can have a solid full time income.

We have a very strong team and many are learning marketing skills through my training. I must say that many of them are quick learners. I also belong to a marketing group where I learn and pass it on to my group.

I honestly believe that RIOY is the best program out there available today. No other program actually sends you money to build your business.

Take care,

Laura
  4. sahota7 New Member

Unfortunately I don't think you should consider the above posts, dont want to cause problems or anything, but i am going to be straight with you.

You literally do NOT need to spend money to make money online. This is a proven fact, and if u do put money in, you dont have to pay loads to get what ur after, its generally just things to improve traffic but thats it.

Now a great start up you might want to try out is www.thirtdaychallenge.com

Im not trying to make a referal because 1) its free, b) if you dont want to click this link then just type it into google.

I been doing this program online for free and have learnt so much. It's all about enhancing your knowledge! [IMG]
  5. Sonni New Member

I second the motion the 30DC is awesome and it's FREE no spending money unless you want to. They have great training videos and Ed Dale is quite knowledgeable and fun to learn from.

I know you're a tad on the suspicious side at this point so I'll tell you why I think they do it for free. They have a program called the Edge and it does cost money it's for those 30DCer's that want to continue with them after the 30DC is finished so they will make money that way, but that is only if you want to. In no way do you have to commit to the Edge to join the 30DC. And it's obvious Ed likes doing it. You will learn more for free with Ed than the so called guru's who BS you and take your money. Check it out.
    Sonni
  6. LauraLicata New Member

I am going to respectfully disagree with the other posts. You can learn to market by doing your own research but there is no program where you can truly make an online and potentially full time income for free.

It does not work that way at all. There are great forums such as this one where you can ask questions but if you are new to marketing you don't even know what to ask. I learned so much from forums but I was a paid member of a program I no longer promote.

You do have to spend some money to own your own home business. It only makes sense.

Laura
  7. jvco New Member

Wow $1,500 dollars?? Who in the world has that? Come on you telling me I have to wait 1-2 years to see results? The only ones making money in most programs ARE THE OWNERS!!

Don't be fooled by all the hype. I have had downlines in the thousands. I personaly have a good friend who has owned differant mlm's. Even thou I have only been marketing online for about a year now, I have been in the industry since 1985.

I will agree on your point thou.... THERE IS NO SUCH PROGRAM WHERE YOU DON"T HAVE TO SPEND MONEY TO MAKE MONEY!

It took me a long time to realize this because of all the hype. I am still in WFL and have over 3,200 people in my downline. But if no one is buying anything, then NO ONE is earning a dime!

Mellie, keep me posted on your program. If it produces let me know. In the meantime, "I want a "REAL" opportunity with proof....

Proof, proof, proof!!!

jvco
  8. LauraLicata New Member

Did you read the rest of the post at all? Read through the threads. With a $1500 payment you are making that back and way much more (exactly $4200 in 1 year to put into your programs) and that is from RIOY alone and not including the commissions from TriVita and LHN.

This is a long term successfull and real business.

A real business takes time. Nothing happens over night. You find the right one and work it carefully and fully.

Good luck in your search!

Laura

PS- I meant 1 -2 years in order to earn a full time income, Results happen more quickly.
  9. mountainmom5 Gold Member

Interesting subject![IMG]

Been there - know exactly what you are saying, jvco. I haven't tried all the things you have although I researched quite a few of them.

I still do Coastal and that has been the best money maker for me....... but I do not pay for advertising anymore - I had actually laid it down for about six months while I learned more about the online marketing thing as I was determined that there are ways to do free advertising online.

There are - I actually found some free training and mentoring that helped me a lot and although you do have to invest money into a business, if you do not have one already to make any money online - they taught me all the skills I need to do online marketing for no cost or at least low cost.

Now I am beginning to generate leads because of all that training and although I am not making thousands a month yet, I am finally feeling like it was all worth all the ups and downs afterall..[IMG]

I have an Ebay store and I actually was able to use the training to market that in other ways so that my sales have gone up as well...

I am happy now and because there is not the stress anymore (of paying for advertising, leads and all that stuff) it is much more fun...

So keep your chin up and you may come across something that can help you like that - the same thing won't work for everybody - even though I am convinced that the training I did would benefit anybody that is serious about network marketing - lol
  10. mmoody New Member

I agree with mountainmom5...Here's a few things I know for sure:

1. If you want to start your business, there's ALWAYS an upfront cost.
    Now I disagree with LauraLicata and her program, investing that much up front is not necessary. There are programs out there, good , money-making programs, that you can start with a lot less $$$ than $1500.

2. Educate yourself, do your research. In order to be good at promoting your business you must take the time to do your research: see how others are promoting their business; finding more free ways to market/advertise.

3. Time...Have patience. Nothing great is going to happen over night. There's no such thing as a "get rich quick" program. It simply does not exist. Take time to do your research in educating yourself and the best ways to market your business.

4. Persevere, don't give up. In due time, your hard work and efforts will pay off.

Number 4 has paid off for me already...I've been doing my research for a few years now, trying to find the perfect opportunity for me. I just recently found it and I'm working it. I believe 110% in this program and it only costs $249.

jvco, seriously, check out my website and see it's for you. I'm sure you'll be pleased.
  11. Savvie New Member

I also tried some of the 'free' opportunities and didn't really get anywhere with them. It was like people 'forgot' they even signed up. I started to see that it made sense that if people paid even a small amount, they put more time and effort in to their 'investment.'

Still, even though I was willing to put some money into a biz, the last thing I wanted was to be forced to pay monthly fees on top of it... cause then I would be spending more than I made until I could build a team. So it was important to me to not only find my area of interest (a unique product in health and wellness), but I also didn't want to deal with an auto-shipment ~ until "I" said so. So it's worked out really nice for me to start my biz (for $99) with no other obligations. And once I enroll 4 people that do decide to receive auto-ship, my product is free anyways.

Know where your interests are, know your financial limitations, and be willing to give it time... especially in today's economy.
  12. mountainmom5 Gold Member

I agree with mmoody that there are a lot of businesses that you can get started in for a whole lot less than $1500.[IMG]

But here is the thing... unless you know how all these different programs and comp plans work, you will constantly be hopping from one to another trying to find the 'best' one out there.

No matter what you think of your current program... there will always be more opportunities coming around that will seem easier and better to build. And they have a way of popping by when you are discouraged and wondering "what the heck was I thinking"...

So the best thing I ever did was learn HOW all these things work (and although I do not understand all the unilevels, bienaries, legs, arms and spiderwebs yet - lol) I do know and understand enough to know what to look for and what to ask when looking at something that helps me know whether it is a lousy comp plan or a great one.

And believe me, there are some lousy ones out there... I have friends that have lost like, ten thousand dollar monthly checks because of screwy policies with companies... one guy was making way more than that and lost it...

So anyways, that's my half penny's worth that I thought I'd add today.[IMG]
  13. karma New Member

JVCO

It sounds like you no longer have any interest in persuing the opportunities on offer. So how about writing about your experiences with the various money making schemes you have been involved in and putting them into an e-book. Market the e-book and make money from it.
    This kind of advice would be invaluable to anyone starting out making money online and they would get a better idea of what each opportunity entails.

You obviousy have the determination required

jvco: for a person who works 60 hours a week to make a decent income online.

Just an idea

Mountain mom has a point in that you need to learn the process and that takes time. Most won't spend the time necessary or do the research and work. So they quit or keep searching for the quick buck that doesn't exist. I still believe you can learn to make the money you need online for free and after you get that money you can invest it in some tools you need to make more money. You can do it by bum marketing or the 30DC also gives you the process step by step.

So it comes down to Travis Sago or Ed Dale, either one of these guys can get you started not spending anything. There may be more but these are the only 2 I know of that know their stuff and share it freely. Travis does this in the WA forum and has a free ebook. Ed has several affilaite marketing videos on youtube.
    Sonni
  15. mmoody New Member

Great idea!
  16. opendomain New Member

This is a story you hear far to often. Let's explore it[IMG]

The Cause:
    Most people come online looking to make money because of the persistant legends that you can make thousands an hour/day/week with your site being up 24/7 because it's online. Most people looking to make money are doing so because they don't have any, while there are a few that have it and want more the vast majority of new comers (myself included at one point) came to the net looking for an out -- an easy out

What this does is encourage people who know this to prey on people who are desperate. I've seen it happen over and over and over.

The Effect:
    The desperate get eaten as prey often will. Those who survive tend to learn the ropes and do one of two things. Perpetuate the preditory system OR seek to help newer newbies.

This leaves 2 very distinct groups working online.
    1. The Preditors
    2. The Honest.

What do Preditor preach?
    Ease, quick results, duplication, pluging in, fast cash, faster cars, beaches, tons of money for little work, instant results, automation - basically everything a desperate Newbie is looking for.

That do the Honest Preach?
    hard work, slow growth, set backs, a learning curve, the requirement to exude some type of effort.

Now taking these to platforms into account which do you think peaks more interest in most people? If you said the "Honest people" re-read the post.

the truth behind the working online is that it's not all that different from starting up a traditional plaster and drywall business (because they don't make buildings out of brick any more)

You need to take the same conservative, realistic approach you would if you were starting a pizza parlor. If you have no money don't go out and buy the biggest oven on the market because it promises to do everything...you simply don't ahve the customers yet to support it.

Same goes online...
    why spend $1500 on something you don't know how to work? If you take the time to learn the "ropes" of online marketing you chances for success VASTLY increase.

There is one myth though that I will say does pan out to be true in regards to workign online.
    ANYONE can do it. AND you don't need money to start*.

* - though your income is somewhat proportionate to your investment.

I started mareting again recently ...well it's been maybe aboout a year now with little more than a $10 investment and now several months later i'm still not a millionare, but like Mounttain mom said i'm more comfortable with the amount of income i'm making now and it's potential and consistant tendancy to grow month over month.

I have had one consistant goal since I started marketing online. To have 1 new signup a month and to show that person how to get 1 sign up a month and then teach that person the same thing.

On average i've met or beat that goal... after my 3 month learning curve[IMG]
  17. mhale32 New Member

YOu make it sound so easy I wish it was the case.
    Im lost with no one to help me.
    Im confussed with no where to turn.
    Maybe someday I will understand the marketing game.
    Right now I would just settle for a person that really
    care and wants to help people like me to earn a living
    online. Im not looking to be rich. just a business I can be
    proud of.

I read everything I can get my hands on trying to learn
    everything I can. everywhere I turn someone want money.
    Like you said some people are here to try to make ends meet.
    feeling lost and alone

Mary
  18. mmoody New Member

opendomain: (because they don't make buildings out of brick any more)

ain't that the truth. [IMG]
  19. A8ch Gold Member

jvco: Can someone please stop with all the BS and show me "real Proof" that there is a opportunity for a person who works 60 hours a week to make a decent income online.
    I empathize with you and the frustration you are experiencing from the long hours and dismal results so far.

- Maybe you don't yet have all the pieces to the marketing puzzle.
    - Maybe you are misapplying the pieces you do have.
    - Maybe you are still developing a big-picture view of the online landscape.
    - Maybe you're caught up in what I call "The Grasshopper Syndrome" - where you keep jumping prematurely from one opportunity to another.

But being shown "real proof" that there is an opportunity for someone with your dedication to make a decent income online, is not sufficient to guarantee your success. At the very least, you will need to have a comparable infrastructure in place before you can effectively replicate that strategy and reap similar rewards.

Here's an example to illustrate:

Let's say an online marketer showed you proof that she used email to promote a $47 ebook to her tightly targeted list of 5,000 subscribers, converted 2% into customers and yielded $4,700 in gross sales. For you to apply the same formula to your situation and get similar results, you will first need to have many of the same components in place.

Things such as...

1. a suitable product of your own to sell to your niche.
    2. a system for growing a mailing list of targeted prospects.
    3. a current list of responsive subscribers.
    4. an established relationship with that list.
    5. an ability to write compelling email promotions (or the money to pay for it).
    6. a tested sales page that consistently converts traffic.
    7. a quick, easy and secure purchase process.
    8. reliable and courteous customer service.
    9. a follow-up strategy to keep customers in the buying loop.
    10. an understanding of how the process ties together.

Are you getting my point?

If there is one thing I've learned about Internet marketing, it is this:

Regardless of all the wonderful opportunities and strategies others may be using successfully, it's still up to me to figure out which ones work best for me.

Getting to that place takes time, dedication, study and persistence, and it is not without failure and set backs. The disasters, delays and detours you encounter should be viewed as disguised guideposts. They have a mysterious (and often frustrating) habit of pointing you in the right direction by blocking your path.

OpenDomain - As usual, yours is a very thoughtful post that goes straight to the heart of the situation.

Hermas
  20. opendomain New Member

Thanks Hermas,
    To build on what you've already outlined I'll reiterate something I posted in the Spiderweb marketing thread. A successful internet marketer should aim towards having an understanding of a few CORE concepts.

The importance of a list
    How to build a list
    How to create organic traffic
    The importance of following up

I'm sure there are more but this very small list can translate into ANY sales opportunity be it online or offline. Until you understand how and why these are important and how to use them chances are you'll be spinning your wheels without much success. But when you finally become a true student/"guru" of marketing you can take that skill set and apply it to MLM, niche marketing, vacation sales, or any other opportunity you come across because they address one simple truth about sales...

When boiled down marketing/sales is very simple and boils down to 2 things.
    1. Getting in front of someone
    2. Getting them to buy from you.

Everything else in MARKETING lead to these two goals with number 1 leading to number 2....so I guess everything in marketing/sales leads to one thing...a sale.

Perhaps we all lose sight of that sometimes.