idea for income

Discussion in 'General Advice' started by cnnx, Mar 21, 2015.

1. cnnx

cnnx New Member

is buying a website with adsense revenue on flippa.com a good way to guarantee income from the start?

2. KB24

KB24 Active Member

It will give you a head start because you have a website but I wouldn't rely on adsense income. There are many ways that you can monetize a site ie affiliate programs. With adsense it will depend on what niche its in to continue with adsense. Once you have the site its up to you to drive traffic to it..

payment proof likes this.
  3. Just2EZ

Just2EZ Moderator

Not guaranteed, you have to have your own AdSense account and get the site approved.
    If you just buy the site and keep it running the owner of the AdSense account gets the revenue, not you.

4. greginmotion

greginmotion New Member

Before you buy a website I would highly recommend you build one yourself. Become familiar with a web platform like wordpress and attempt to put something together yourself.

Even if it doesn't make you money it'll give you more familiarity with what you are doing. Nothing wrong with AdSense though traditionally it's one of the least profitable ways for a website to make money. Also they've been known to ban accounts sometimes without any reason at all without any ability to appeal to them.

Unless you can increase a website's income, remember too you'll likely have to wait 20 months (a lot of sites sell for 20x their monthly average profit) to break even.

A lot can happen in internet land, a year online is like 10 years as far as how fast things can change. Learn some valuable marketing principles, how websites work, try out your own project and then see if you feel ready to get into the buying website game.

Just my two cents, hope it helped.
    -Gregory

5. cnnx

cnnx New Member

I have an approved adsense account from last year that I'm not using.

6. Just2EZ

Just2EZ Moderator

That's a good start but you still have to have the new site approved in your account.
    Also consider the hosting server, if you move the site you may lose rank for a while.
    There are so many variables that can go wrong buying an existing website.
    (such as copyrights, content/image ownership, hosting contracts, etc.)
    It can also be an easy road if you check all the details before committing.
    If it feels right and is in you budget, go for it, otherwise don't rush.
    At the minimum you will be paying for an education.

7. payment proof

payment proof Active Member

I absolutely, positively agree. Put the time in to learn the basics of managing a site before buying one. My 2 cents anyways.

8. Scott W

Scott W New Member

Nothing is guaranteed!

What are the traffic sources? How old is the site? How many visitors per day? What are you going to do to keep the traffic coming?

Lose the traffic source and you lose your income....

9. YAGOOFT

YAGOOFT Active Member

Adsense is past its prime, use to work well, but most people simply use organic search results now, that is how I have used internet for years. Like everything on the internet, what worked yesterday does not mean it will work today, never mind tomorrow. As to buying a site with traffic, yes, if it is real traffic, and their are many bogus sites for sale, sorty of like selling lemon vehicles, you don't know the history until you drive off the lot, then wham, bam, you discover it was a lemon.

Success to all,

10. Scott W

Scott W New Member

I have to disagree. Adsense still makes me several hundred monthly on autopilot from raw search engine traffic. I'm sure it could be more if I focused on it. Part of me regrets not building hundreds of mini sites years ago....

Just2EZ likes this.
  11. SandraGJ

SandraGJ Member

Well there's really no guaranteed method of earning money online, it really only depends on you and how smart and hard you work and dedicate yourself.

12. payment proof

payment proof Active Member

Sandra is right. Like anything in life, you get out of it, what you put into it. :)

SandraGJ likes this.
  13. Raihan23

Raihan23 New Member

Whether you’re looking to make just a few bucks or enough money to completely replace your employment paycheck, these are some ideas that you can put to work and build your passive income streams!

• Owning a rental house and collecting a monthly rental check
    • Owning a website and collecting monthly advertising revenue
    • Owing a dividend stock and collecting the dividend payments
    So it doesn't matter whether you’re looking to add $100 or $100,000 to your monthly income or have one to 40 hours a week to dedicate: You just have to try out some ideas and see what will work for you.

14. YAGOOFT

YAGOOFT Active Member

Everything is relevant, and I use to make a couple hundred a day on average with adsense five years ago, and now next to nothing which is what $200. a month is for me. I watched it dwindle away month by month as my website traffic increased, so that was my experience over many years. Glad it is still satisfying your goals for passive income.

Success to all,

Scott W likes this.
  15. Scott W

Scott W New Member

Just a small piece of the pie!

16. RebeccaClarke

RebeccaClarke New Member

Yes, buying an established website is a good idea instead of starting from scratch. Starting a business is always risky whether you are experienced or just starting out. There will always be more risk with any new business as compared to an established one with a proven track record. The best part of buying a website is that you will get established customer base and revenue generating website.