Identifying a Scam

Discussion in 'General Advice' started by NAT, Jun 23, 2014.

1. NAT

NAT New Member

I applied for a job posting on Craigslist for a listing assistant. After submitting my cover letter and my resume, I received an automatic reply informing me to go to http://anyoneprofits.com to understand what it is that my potential employer does by typing my email address into a form to see a live demonstration. When I went to the website, there was no ability to type into the form. The form appeared to be just a picture on a website. I was wondering if anyone knows anything about this website or the company listed on the website Stinson Marketing Group, Incorporated. I assumed that the posting was legitimate as I saw it on a legitimate website that lists work from home jobs.
  2. talfighel

talfighel Silver Member

This does not seem like a job to me.

It seems like a business opportunity and they have misled you.
    payment proof likes this.
  3. payment proof

payment proof Active Member

4. jefftd77

jefftd77 New Member

They are just building a list to sell you on some get rich from home scam... if you truly want to be a virtual assistant to a Realtor, I would apply on Odesk .... I've been working online for 6 years and spent my first 4 years getting ripped off by get rich quick scams...
  5. OmarS.K

OmarS.K Member

I clicked on the link mentioned above tow times, every time I saw a different website. It really seems to be scam
  6. florbags

florbags Member

Talfighel is right, that is not a job offer. If you are looking for a real online job, Craiglist is not the best place to look at. Go look at Odesk.com or Elance.com. Good luck! Hope this helps. :)
  7. Robin Bull

Robin Bull New Member

Yes...like Jeff said, for something like a VA you should use odesk, elance, or even freelancer. I use CL for writing gigs, but I would -never- use it if I were looking for VA work.