Iggy's Coloring Lesson

Discussion in 'ASD - Ad Surf Daily' started by iggyigette, Jul 30, 2008.

1. iggyigette

iggyigette New Member

Take a look below...what color describes you best? Blue? Green? Red? Yellow?

[​IMG]

Blue: Logical, Analytical, Fact Based, Quantitative
    Green: Sequential, Organized, Detailed, Planned
    Yellow: Holistic, Intuitive, Integrating, Synthesizing
    Red: Interpersonal, Feeling Based, Kinesthetic, Emotional

We all have in us a Blend of each color, but one or two of these colors describe our personalities/thought process best...

So who are you? What describes you? Who am I?

What you may think about yourself may not be what others think about you...

To have influence on others, you need to have influence on yourself...

If Iggy is Blue and you are Red, and I want to communicate with you effectively, I need to speak the "Red Language", and vice versa...

Because we all have different Color preferences, what is "obvious" to me may not be "obvious" to you, and vice versa...because we see life through different Colored lens...

It's a False Impression to think that what is "Obvious" to me must also be "obvious" to someone else...because I may see a Situation in Blue, and you may view the same situation in another color...it's that obvious?

We demonize, categorize, label people and groups of people simply because we see life in One Color, and they view life in another Color...

It is possible though for people to have the same goal, and approach it with different routes, different colors...

Let's think for a moment...if you live with family, chances are that one person is a "Cleanie" and another person a "messy"...

Take a look again at my Colors above...

Which Person is the "Cleanie"? It would be GREEN: "Structured, Organized, Controlled, Procedural, etc"

Which Person is the "Messy"? It would be YELLOW: "Spontaneous, Artistic, Conceptual" - likes things "Open ended"...

The Blue Person looks at the house and wants everything "organized"...the Yellow Person don't mind the house not "organized", because simply they see life through different Colored lens...

There is no right or wrong, and life ain't that "obvious" about the way things should be...simply because we all wear different color glasses...our brain structures and neuro connections are all different, so we can't expect others to think the same way or view life the same way we do...

To effectively "connect" with others, it's important that we learn what colors people are, and adapt our communication techniques - to "speak their color". It's not easy to change our "Natural Colors", but we can develop skills for other Color preferences...

Is there a right or wrong thinking process? Or is really a matter of which Color glasses you are viewing life with?

Another question: when building a team for a project either for work, church, school, or home...is it better to have folks on the team who see life with the same color? or a variety of people with different colors?

What about the common complaint: "He/she is not a good listener!"

Could it be that Each Color listens Differently?

a Blue will speak and describe an event in Blue Language...which may mean non-sense to a Red who is listening...or Vice Versa...we expect people to listen in the same manner that we listen, but they may have a Different Color!

For example, an GREEN accountant may review the Financials of the company by giving a ton of numbers/charts/graphs, etc...details that Greens normally do...what if the listener is YELLOW? Probably in one ear and out the other...but a YELLOW listener may be excited hearing it in Yellow language...

So, it's not a question of whether a person is a good listener or not, it's just a different listening style...

If you can identity a person's listening style, and package your message to that style, you'll get a more attentive ear!

Iggy's Conclusion on this Coloring Lesson:

We can't change our Color, but we can identify other people's Color.

Present your message in a way that your listener can relate to - speak "their color", and you'll "Connect" with that person...

There are no right or wrong thinking, just different people looking from different Colors...

Some of us approach ASD with various Colors as well...
  2. mrich87

mrich87 New Member

Another outstanding life lesson.... life really is all about selling.

Mike
  3. hammerx3

hammerx3 New Member

First of all, I'd like to thank everyone for the invaluable information and knowledge I've gained from this forum. It has helped me tremendously in keeping my frustration level at a minimum with all that is going on with ASD.

I've been reading this forum for about two weeks now, reading and learning as much as I can absorb in one day. I finally signed up as a member today because I have a question that I just could not pass up asking. I have other questions, but this one just couldn't wait.

Iggy, how would you handle a situation when a person thinks and talks in one color, but listens in a different color?

Thanks for your input and insight!!

Debbie
  4. mrich87

mrich87 New Member

mrich87: Another outstanding life lesson.... life really is all about selling.

Mike

Scratch that.... not only is it about selling, it's about LISTENING and paying attention to your environment [​IMG]
  5. iggyigette

iggyigette New Member

hammerx3: First of all, I'd like to thank everyone for the invaluable information and knowledge I've gained from this forum. It has helped me tremendously in keeping my frustration level at a minimum with all that is going on with ASD.

I've been reading this forum for about two weeks now, reading and learning as much as I can absorb in one day. I finally signed up as a member today because I have a question that I just could not pass up asking. I have other questions, but this one just couldn't wait.

Iggy, how would you handle a situation when a person thinks and talks in one color, but listens in a different color?

Thanks for your input and insight!!

Debbie

I would suggest "Ritalin"?
  6. alasycia

alasycia New Member

OMG Iggy,

Now we have to be colour analyzed before we post!?? LOL

I'm going for rainbow colours please!

Jenny
  7. hammerx3

hammerx3 New Member

Iggy,

I'll have to try that (not for me, but the other person).