I'm definitely not ready yet :)

Discussion in 'Raising Kids' started by Bubblez, Mar 15, 2011.

1. Bubblez

Bubblez New Member

I have thought about kids for a while now but I am definitely not ready to start a family. I think in another 5 years I may think about it. I want to be 100% sure and have a stable living situation and income before my fianc?© and I get into that kind of thing.

2. Rach72

Rach72 New Member

LOL!

You are never ever ready for kids - seriously. While stability is great you will never have enough money time or energy to say the time is 'right' now... but you know what?

It's amazing how life tends to step in and make decisions for you [​IMG]

3. Jose Roman

Jose Roman New Member

Rach72, well said! I personally had kids at a young age, definitely not ready on any level, but now that my oldest is 2 years away from college and I am approaching my mid 30's, I must say I am glad it happened like it did. I feel young enough to be in tune with what's going on in her life. I also still have the energy to Chase around her little sister too!

4. Just2EZ

Just2EZ Moderator

Rach72: It's amazing how life tends to step in and make decisions for you
    Or as John Lennon said: "Life is what happens while you're busy making other plans".

Just go with the flow and love where life leads you, there is a reason.
    5 kids and 6 grand kids are the greatest return on my investments.
    I have no regrets about the plans I missed out on, plans change.
    Besides, kids can teach us a lot and motivate us to do better.

5. faye

faye New Member

All's very well said here. Though I personally believe that it's not my time yet either, being kind of a vagabond and all, I would not want to 'plan' a kid. I do agree, life certainly makes some decisions and then it is up to us to respond in the right manner.

However, I also think there is a good deal of pressure that influences our choices, especially coming from relatives and friends, once they get started. I like what my friend responds, whenever someone bugs her for kids: "Why, I already have a kid. It is -6 years old now!"