I'm looking for a new way to make a living

Discussion in 'Ideas' started by frankykeys, Nov 8, 2006.

1. homefire

homefire New Member

What I have found true in life is that it cannot be cured but you have to manage it. As you manage it you learn valuable lessons. All of us fear to be scammed but on the internet it is inevitable to make mistakes. Unless you have a true friend who is already making a decent income online you will have to try out things in order to learn the ropes. I have met eye to eye with online sharks several times but the lessons are priceless.

Do your research first but set a time limit to take action. The internet is like trying to drive a car. You will never learn by sitting at the co-driver's seat. You get to learn a lot from programs that provide skills (mentoring) by taking action. Have a budget and hit the road running. Take calculated risks and do not fear to make mistakes. Virtual credit cards are a great way to keep within budget.

2. dscyphers

dscyphers New Member

I teach a class at the adult Learning center, The class covers from starting the computer, how to search, to filling out forms, and how to use the printer. I do this for the State Job Service, unemployment division. This is done Free, I donate my time and effort to help people. Two years ago I was asked to teach some basics on Internet Marketing, also a Free course.

I don't remember at any time giving advice such as "take calculated risks" use your credit card, and don't be afraid to fail. Sounds like a sales pitch to me.

I guess my advice is, "Don't take bad advice!

3. zachary

zachary Guest

Hey Frank,

If you are interested in making real money quickly on the internet then I would suggest Cash Leveraging.

All you must do is educate yourself some on the prospect and then find a program that you feel is right for you.

Beware, there are fraudulent programs out there however there are some that are legitimate. If you are willing to put in a little effort at the onset of the endeavour you can make yourself a hefty sum.

I wish you all the best,

Zack

Cheers,

Zack

4. Chapatoni

Chapatoni New Member

I am not sure what your interests are but I would recommend a thorough web search on home business opportunities and do not get sucked into anything until you have investigated lots of businesses.

You should be looking for a business you would be happy to promote not something that promises you the earth from day one! Be comfortable with your choice.

If you like a business then speak to the person promoting it - either through telephone, skype or email. But don't just trust email. Make sure you have had a real connection with a real person! And make sure you can work with that person too!

There are lots of scams out there. Lots of mystery on the web! Choose a real person. Someone who will guarantee to mentor you personally!

To your abundant wealth!1

5. GARYFOREVER

GARYFOREVER New Member

i know how you feel
    i've done about all the construction i want to
    from roofing to forming concrete and everything in between
    i started online a few years ago and i make a bit but every little bit helps
    i make 1% interest per day

6. gridellas

gridellas New Member

I started with the My Online Income System as well. It has an easy program to follow and teaches you all the basic stuff you need to know in order to get your home based business up and running. This program is good for anyone who is just starting out in the affiliate marketing. You can make good money with it, you just have to stick to the program that is laid out for you. The support within the forum provides awesome support for you to succeed. They also have recently added another program you can take that is for intermediates. Once you get through the first course you can deepen your knowledge by going through the second. The choice is up to you of course and you don't have to pay extra for it. It is included in the package. The signature link gives more detail if that is something you were thinking about pursuing.

7. gowriter

gowriter Member

I agree with ESS. The key to becoming successful with an online or home business is the right mentor or right teacher.

There is no shortage of make money online opportunities on the net as you may have found out.

A lot of them are very legit, but a lot of them also poorly taught.

People fall hook line and sinker for such programs because the sales page did its job. The merchant hired a copywriter who knew what words to use. Then he hired a ghost writer to write his ebook. Then a graphic designer put those 2 elements on a web host online. That's typical business, and nothing wrong with that.

The point is don't judge a program by its salespage any more than you judge a book by its cover.

Know this when ti comes to making money online.

I don't care if you do affiliate marketing, multi-level marketing, freelance writing, ebay....short of doing paid surveys (which is a it more work than it seems):

You are going to have to understand how the search engines work. You are going to have to understand how to get people to come to your site and buy from you versus someone else.

This can all be done if you put in the work, you are persistent, and you will have to be patient because people are bombarded with opportunities.

Choose a niche that is not too competitive but makes money.

Make sure than niche doesn't have a problem with scams. Even though your product is legit, the prevelance of scams can make it hard for you to be trusted.

So you definitely have to take into account your customer's mindset.

It can be a couple weeks to a couple months before you begin to see a smidgen of money, depending on niche and approriate tactics.

Most, importantly the right person has to teach you, and they have to teach you all this at the same time in the same place. Not keep upselling and upselling you, etc.

If you have children and are considering working at home, it wouldn't hurt to join a work at home Mom or Dad networks. They are fiercely protective of each other and ward of scams like they're diseases. There's a really good one I mention in my website. The lady knows her stuff.

Think about what niche you might be interested in. Even if it's construction. Maybe you can create a blog on roofing tips or common roofing problems. WIth Google Adsense, depending on the cost of the keyword (go to technobloggie.com), you could put ads on that blog and people who read your blog might end up clicking on those ads and you get a percentage of the ad revenue. Check it out.

You could affilaite for roofing companies or tool companies that you work well with. I don't know. Maybe black and decker has an affilaite program. Add a link to your blog.

You can make good use of your 20 years of expertise in construction, roofing, and build up your blog or website to include things related to it. Tools. Common safety problems with construction workers. Construction compensation. Basic patch jobs. Budget patcwork. Lowes and Home Depot might have an affiliate partner program. You never know. Check it out on their website.

Have topics like winter wear and tear. Put a blog heading like, "Storm Proof Your House". Something. YOu have the talent and the expertise. Put it to good use.

8. morellojoe

morellojoe New Member

There is certainly money to be made using the internet. I started looking at online business ideas a couple of years ago and was staggered by the sheer amount of 'fantastic' opportunities that I was being offered. But the fact is that most of them are complete rubbish. So it is vital that you take your time and do your research.

Internet marketing is a very competitive business. Get it wrong and the chances are that you'll fail. But on the plus side, get it right and the profits can be extremely rewarding.

It is therefore absolutely essential that you find a business with complete ongoing support and mentoring. Help should never be more that a phone call or an email away. If you have somebody proven in the field leading you in the right direction then your chances of success are dramatically increased.

So, again, take your time and do your research. Most people want instant overnight results. But If you're prepared to put the time and effort in then you're already one step ahead of the majority.

9. samda

samda Member

frankykeys, I certainely understand your frustration.

In internet there are a lot of money making opportunities. I will not be able to give you information about all, because each one is a ocean by itself. Dont get sick. It is not a rocket science. All you have to have is patience and hard wiork.

I earn money in internet through various methods. I use adsens and PTC. Adsense is a program by google. You need a website and little expertise on this.

PTC is earning in internet by clicking paid advertisements. I just spend around 15 - 30 minutes and earn a considerable amount per month. You can always get my guidance through PM in these two areas - Adsense and PTC.

All the Best !!!

10. dangmyun

dangmyun Guest

I am recommeding one of the most popular onlince business system which is affiliate marketing. you may heard about this

but, not many people try or take in serious business.

with out doubt, one of my signature site will help you

step by step with their incredible instruction.

Trust me you won't regret!!

11. quentinuys

quentinuys Guest

Hi all. I understand everyones dilemma. Its not easy surviving on a salary alone these days. You must have a second income. Start with something that wont cost you any money to join. If you are up to speed on it all, you may go on to some more risk taking adventure. [​IMG]

12. nancyanderson

nancyanderson New Member

Wow! No shortage of replies and ideas for you! That's good; as many have said, there are numerous opportunities online for supplementing your income. One thing you should know, no matter what some advertisers may say, it takes hard work and patience. Sounds like you have the hard work figured out anyway, so if you're motivated, you should do well.
    Find a system that is duplicable (duplicatable) and one that you don't have to chase family and friends. It is so easy to get distracted when searching for income opportunities because they all sound great. Take a look at the CEO of the company, and try to listen to an overview call if they have one to get an idea of what you're getting into.
    With patience you'll find the right one! Also, I would suggest learning about attraction marketing (which will help you in ANY business); contact me if you want more information on that.
    Best of luck! The laptop lifestyle is awesome!

13. mountainmom5

mountainmom5 Gold Member

nancyanderson: Wow! No shortage of replies and ideas for you!
    lol - yeah, after 3 years, there should be!![​IMG]

Welcome Nancy![​IMG]

14. Esteban

Esteban New Member

Be very careful, there are many thousands of people in your position which is why there are thousands of scammers out there who will offer you the chance to earn a large income from home for very little work. Don't believe them. As in your current business hard work are the only things that provide a real income.

15. Jean LA

Jean LA New Member

Venturing in work at home jobs can always give you grat ideas. Just continue with research internet marketing in this forum and you can have lots of ideas.

16. nathanwe

nathanwe New Member

Hi there Franklyn,

I will give you suggestions as to what you can look for. You should look for a company that has 400+ hours of training in there backoffice. Is willing to help you create success just like they have. Also you need to join a team where you have a mentor that is willing to help you, and guide you step by step through the process.[​IMG] Any other question please let me know

Nathan

17. yasser

yasser New Member

frankykeys: Anyone have a honest money making plan out there...I am interested in looking at it....Thanks

One of the safest and scam free jobs is to start selling on ebay. selling system is quite easy to understand..if you need help, just let me know. I have been selling there for 5 years and i am making pretty decent income.

18. choon01

choon01 New Member

Now If I was to look for a work at home opportunity I would definately look for a company that pays a residual income. Ookay heres what i think of income - you work work work , but when you stop working, no money flowing in your bank account. But lets say for instance a residual income...you work work work hard at the beginning and when you decide to stop, you will still have money flowing into your bank account..Sounds good to me [​IMG]. I would definately look for a residual income opportunity.

You also want to know how long the company has been around and are they any people complaining about the business. Alot of people complain about MLM business. You can' t always trusts these peoples because simply because you can't get the system going and can't make any money, it doesn't really you the right to say it is a scam..this happens on the internet everday..It's a scam!!! If it was a scam, how the heck is this other guy making hundreds and even thousands dollars a month!! haha..Do your own research befor you jump in. However timing is everything...You dont' want to procrastinate too long.. GOOD LUCK!

19. choon01

choon01 New Member

yasser: One of the safest and scam
    free jobs is to start selling on ebay.
    I just simply want to say, awwwww i hate the ebay fees. I sell sports collectible cards, the fees isn't that bad but if you are selling something else and making $100s here and there, wow.. ebay makes too much money!!! If you think about..I dont want to think about..lol.

20. nathanwe

nathanwe New Member

hey there definatly true and if you are looking for a business with a residual income than you need to fully researcheach company you are looking to join.

Nathan Wright