I'm looking for a new way to make a living

Discussion in 'Ideas' started by frankykeys, Nov 8, 2006.

1. wlrahilly

wlrahilly New Member

Writing is a good thing to get into to make $100 per day. There are various content writing sites out there that hire people to work from home. You get paid an upfront fee per article anywhere from $5 to $20 or more depending on what they are looking for.

Just do a Google search for freelance writing and you will be sure to find some. Good luck!

2. gloria14r

gloria14r New Member

You can find jobs online if you are an experienced Customer Care Professional / Personal Assistant, Teacher, Photographer, Software Professional, Medical Transcriptionist, Medical coder. Also you could go for freelancing, but there you face a high competition for you to get a project. Nothing is difficult, but also you need the required experience for the work you choose.

3. henrybb

henrybb New Member

Everyday I wake up before my chickens, put some jam on my toast , sit down with my cup of coffee, switch on my computer and check my emails.

Aha, this morning I received an offer letter from a seafood supplier
    ------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Dear sir,
    I hope you're doing well.

I haven't spoken with you in awhile and I just wanted to touch base with you and give you an update on some of the items we have to offer currently:

H&G 11-18lb KING Salmon IQF PMC toted $4100/MT CIF Main Ports *Or Best Offer

Greenland Halibut Frames (Heads, tails, and racks) 450gms+ $4.40/kg CIF Main Ports

HOG Greenland Halibut 800g-1200gms $9.25/kg CIF Main Ports

HOG Greenland Halibut 1200gms+ $9.15/kg CIF Main Ports

W/R Illex Argentinus 200-300gms Seafrozen $3100/ MT CIF Main Ports

W/R Pacific Mackerel (Scomber Japonicus) 100-300gms $1350/MT CIF Main Ports

W/R Redfish (Sebastes Marinus) 100-300gms, pack to order! $1575/MT CIF Main Ports

W/R Redfish (Sebastes Marinus) 200-400gms, pack to order! $2225/MT CIF Main Ports

W/R Male Capelin (Mallotus villosus) 30-40ct $750/MT CIF Main Ports

W/R Female Capelin (Mallotus villosus) 55-60ct $1875/MT CIF Main Ports

W/R Yellow Croaker (Micropogonias Fournieri) 300-500gm $2425/MT CIF Main Ports

W/R Yellow Croaker (Micropogonias Fournieri) 500gms+ $2600/MT CIF Main Ports

W/R Sardines (Sardinops Sagax), 100-150 grams $1350/MT CIF Main Ports

W/R Sardines (Sardinops Sagax), 40-60 grams $1250/MT CIF Main Ports

W/R Hake (Merluccius Productus) 100-300gms $1150/MT CIF Main Ports

W/R Hake (Merluccius Productus) 200-400gms $1200/MT CIF Main Ports

H&G Hake (Merluccius Productus) 100-200gms $1950/MT CIF Main Ports

HGT Hake (Merluccius Productus) 150-300gms $2000/MT CIF Main Ports

HGT Hake (Merluccius Productus) 200-400gms $2100/MT CIF Main Ports

HGT Hake (Merluccius Productus) 300-500gms $2200/MT CIF Main Ports

W/R Greysole

Shatterpack- 15kg boxes

200-300gms $2750/MT CIF Main Ports

300-400gms $3125/MT CIF Main Ports

Alaska Pollock, HGT (Grade A, MSC certified)

(Theragra Chalcogramma)

Size: 300-500gr or 500gr +

Packing: 2x10kg or 2x9kg (depending on the size 300-500 or 500 +)

Blockfrozen, poly wrapped, in carton, and hand laid.

Production Date: Oct/Nov 2011

Country of origin: USA

$2.25/kg CIF Main Ports

Whelk

Size: U-30 grams - Price: $4.35 CIF main port Asia

Size: 30-50 grams - Price: $4.55 CIF main port Asia

Size: 50-70 grams - Price: $4.75 CIF main port Asia

Size: 70 and up - Price: $4.95 CIF main port Asia

Origin of Canada

Shell color: mostly green

Packed in 15kgs

2011 Canadian Snow Crab Clusters

4ups $6.05lb CIF Main Ports

5-8's $6.15lb CIF Main Ports

8ups $6.65lb CIF Main Ports

All items subject unsold and USD pricing.
    PRICES ARE NEGOTIABLE

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

I also received another offer letter from another supplier

----------------------------------------------------------

Dear Mr Brown,

This is Anna from xxxxxxx xxxxxx Chemicals Co.,Ltd.(http://www.xxxxxxxxx.com ). We are specialized in Tin ingot. The quotation is as follows,

-Item: Tin ingot 99.9%
    -FOB Ningbo Port: 21538 USD/MT
    -Origin:Ningbo ,China
    -Package: 1MT/ Pallet
    -MOQ: 20MT/20'FCL
    -Payment Term:T/T
    -Price validity:15 days

More info,already prepared for you.
    Waiting for your revert.

Thks&Rgds,
    xxxxx/Sales Manager

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    I look in my database for buyers of these items. I connect the buyers with the sellers properly using a system I learnt form a practicing global procurement consultant.

Once the deal is done the supplier will send me my payment by TT/Wire Transfer to any bank in the civilized world
    I don't handle the products. I don't negotiate on behalf of anybody but whatever quotation the supplier gives to the buyer, my portion is already in it.

There is a way to do it so that at the end of the day you will get paid unlike so many agents and brokers out there who get nothing for their efforts.

I work my own hours. I can do this business from anywhere in the world as long as I have my laptop and an internet connection.

-----------------------------------------------------------------------

Sounds interesting? I'm a 58-year old Englishman working from home. I'm from the old school so I can be quite "challenged" when it comes to computers and the internet. Ask me about SEO or Adsense or blogging and you will see me fall asleep faster than anyone might say good night.

It's a real business where we make full use of the information available on the Net to make money through global procurement consulting. You still have to work on it but you do it at your own pace from home. If you feel this kind of life/workstyle is OK with you then drop me a message.

4. amckechnie

amckechnie New Member

I totally understand I was in the real estate business and our income was cut in half with five times the amount of work.
    As you get older in your forties you start to think about all of this ..I did.
    I have been working from home for around two years now and loving it making a reliable consistent income and have helped many people do the same thing.

[Post edited - Admin]

5. lizlopez316

lizlopez316 New Member

frankykeys
    You about my husband's age and I know how you feel. My husband has worked in the flooring business and after some time it takes a toll on the body. My son has worked in Roofing and asbestos removal and it hard on this back and knees. Alot of people that we know are working in that field and live barely from paycheck to paycheck. My husband and I decided to try something new, which is generating residual income for us. It is income that comes month after month. Think royalites, for example, a singer makes a song and records an album. Every time someone downloads the song or purchase it from itunes, the singer gets a percentage of that profit. In addition, they continue promoting their album by doing presentations and concerts. Now, we do not all sing, but there is a vehicle by which you can earn residual income that is dependable and consistent. If you like helping others, you can feel satisfaction in doing what we do, but you need to find something that fits your character and your goals.

6. delectricsaver

delectricsaver New Member

frankykeys
    Hi Frankeykeys! Just wondering if you finally found a job that you are looking for considering the age and the income. Just wanna ask you, how many do you know use electricity or natural gas here in US? How many do u know wants to save from their bills? How would you like to ear residual income? I tell you, im 36, a mother of 6 y.o girl and in my age i still dont find a real income working in grocery store!! BUT NOW, i am so lucky to be working with this company with a great team leader!! We work as team. Our product is a very basic, necessity for evreybody..and it is not hard to market considering our competitive rate. You can visit this website and see... and let me know what u think about it..ok just simply type in the browser www dot delectricsaver dot ambitenergy dot biz
    oh gosh..i just dont know how to tell you how to get there in that site..

daisy

7. delectricsaver

delectricsaver New Member

Vishal P. Rao
    Vishal P. Rao
    Heloo Sir..sorry i forgot...

8. kellerbrianw

kellerbrianw Member

Wow! Your poor, aching back! I can relate! [​IMG] In my younger days, I worked in roofing and pest control. I couldn't visualize doing that now, at 54. You're a younger guy than I am, so hopefully your health is generally good!

Putter offers great advice--Follow your talents and interests. If roofing is no longer your thing, what intrigues you? As they say: "Do what you love and the money will follow". This isn't always the case, as my degree in Journalism-English and $1.99 will get you a cup of coffee in some convenience marts.

If doing what you love won't pay the bills, reinvent yourself. I sell B2B products to aid in their promotion. This biz requires an extroverted personality, a thick skin, a persuasive voice, networking, and creative thinking.

If this isn't you, I would suggest using the search engines to investigate legitimate, non-scam business opportunities. Seriously check out real comments on these businesses before making a final decision. I have been ripped off, and don't want that to happen to you.

I have been in business for over 15 years, so I am here--available to anyone--if you need ideas.

Here's to your success!

Brian

9. Sandra Kline

Sandra Kline New Member

Take that chance with a home business and do it on the side until you get it going... You won't know if you don't try... Just make sure they are rated A+ with the BBB... And make sure you have the phone number and address of the company... I found a company that been around for 20 years... Good luck in your search...

10. workfromhome_au

workfromhome_au New Member

I would also recommend working from home. The skills required for online marketing work can be easily learned, and the stress levels are way, way lower than your previous work. Hope you can look into it.

11. JTGMarketing

JTGMarketing Member

There are a variety of ways to make money from home, but you definitely want to make sure it's legitimate. There are a lot of places that will try to screw you out of your money.

My suggestion is to find something that interests you, but go in with the expectation that it's going to take time and hard work to build.

12. AviralB

AviralB New Member

I would suggest you to find a good mlm company that is highly rated with at least 5 years in the business and one whose products you can relate with, but more importantly products that you think will have a huge demand when you do your prospecting. Also important would be to make sure the compensation plan is legitimate and can bring you fast earnings.

13. Elizabeth

Elizabeth Guest

In order to build an online income, it is best to find a mentor. Which can be the most challenging. And it took me a long time to finally find a professional mentor, not just a marketing guru. Be willing to learn from those who are successful.

Nobody can just jump into the internet and expect to be instantly successful. It still takes time, experience and learning the proper skills. The internet and the technology does make things easier and faster but it is still a people business. You need to build up trust. When you have purchase products/services from businesses, don't you prefer business owners who are honest and trustworthy?

So, the first place to start looking for an honest way to earn an honest online income is with yourself - make sure that you always maintain integrity, and that you are honest with people, so people can trust you. I have turned away from money making opportunities because of the lack of integrity and the dishonesty, even though people were making money with that program. There are honest, solid, good programs online but it does take doing your own due diligence. So, take your time, do your research, be honest with yourself and you will indeed find an honest way to make an online income.

14. JTGMarketing

JTGMarketing Member

"Learn from those who are successful." Good advice. After all, success leaves clues.