I'm looking to increase traffic to my site - any ideas?

Discussion in 'General Marketing' started by broke no more, Nov 28, 2008.

1. broke no more

broke no more New Member

I'm looking to increase traffic to my website. I have submitted to some search engines, do the social networking, and began the forums? I want to get slammin' traffic to my site. I work from home for a second income doing a few different things. Things are moving along but I want it to increase drastically. Any ideas?

[Post edited. Bold removed - Admin]
  2. getagrip

getagrip Gold Member

Submit some articles to ezines and advertise on usfreeads.com
  3. mountainmom5

mountainmom5 Gold Member

I use Squidoo ... ( and no it is not a sneeze)[​IMG]

Love it and have drastically increased traffic to my sites by using it.[​IMG]
  4. madmatz

madmatz New Member

Build as many personal relationships as possible and ask them for referrals. Network, network, network...Always!

Ask satisfied customers for testimonials and create a testimonial page. Ask Satisfied customers to post something positive about your business on the internet somewhere.
  5. Newbie Shield

Newbie Shield Gold Member

Hi broke no more,

Write something news-worthy to naturally attract back links.

~Newbie Shield~
  6. VictoriaNTC

VictoriaNTC Silver Member

You can try giving away a free report...it can go viral.
    Victoria
  7. bigmoneyPRO

bigmoneyPRO Guest

why not try phone broadcasting? it works great!
  8. Hemjoe

Hemjoe New Member

Like getagrip said article marketing can be very useful when building traffic, it is FREE as well [​IMG]

Write a good article and it could not only rank well on Google but people will be more likely to copy it to their site, widening the coverage and the chance of people clicking through from the article to your site.
  9. harry lauder

harry lauder New Member

articles are the way to go if you can write top articles then you will increase your traffic. there are programmes that will show you how to write really hot articles and as soon as you know how to write a top article then you will only get better at it.
  10. pcwork

pcwork New Member

Try direct advertising on relevant websites, cheaper in the long run
  11. aplina

aplina New Member

go Google adwords if you can afford it, yahoo answers
  12. rovingdigital

rovingdigital New Member

Hi broke no more

Neat user name if it could help I will take a look at you site thats one more. take a look at mine.
    Thats what I have been spining my wheels on for a while. how to increase visits and hits.
    Also have fun while doing it. Meet people and not worry about the buck . any way keep me in mind if you find the answer and its not a new opp [​IMG]
    Les (RovingDigital)
  13. Meshmore

Meshmore New Member

Article marketing for me is tops

But if you're not into writing - you can learn it or try another advertising strategy that you're comfortable with.

Other people build their lists by using videos. They just post videos to youtube.com. Its important to use low competition keywords for your article/video titles

Use whatever you're comfortable with. Be good at it - and move to the next traffic generation source
  14. dmgditeam

dmgditeam New Member

Hi, Get the free screen recorder and make videos , your several video sites such as youtube, metacafe, google and so on..

It is a great way to draw a nice amount of traffic and it is fun

I hope this helps

Diane
    Stay Focused and Never Give Up!

[Links removed - Admin]
  15. putinonthehits

putinonthehits New Member

I use phone broadcasting, email marketing, social networking, traffic exchanges, buying leads, ezines, craigslist, backpage, oodle, we also use our inhouse video broadcasting works great! Many options but it can get overwhelming, so just do one thing for a day post 10 sites on a TE's, 20 blogs, keywork rich is key... let me know.
  16. bizzt

bizzt New Member

17. amarz

amarz Guest

to generate traffic online can be overwhelming but it isn't, You need to be dedicated, write articles, blogs, get on forums, etc

Google loves squidoo, ezinearticles, goarticles,

stuff like that is good for traffic and it helps out a lot. If you need anything I am more than happy to help, take care and have a nice day.
  18. sjames23

sjames23 New Member

Depends on your budget. If you are on a limited budget I would go with

Articles
    Forums
    Classifieds
    Videos
    Blogs
    Social Networks
    Press Releases

Do these consistent and all all free. You will get tons of traffic and targeted absolutely free. Then combine paid advertising and you will have more traffic then you know what to do with.
  19. Vinnyo

Vinnyo New Member

Hey Broke no More

I think everyone has said the options to drive traffic to your site(s).
    I do know that email marketing will drive targeted traffic to your sites. Its all about the targeted traffic.

Offer a free report but they have to give you there email to get it. That way you have a interested customer looking for products you offer on your list for future products that maybe simular or in the same niche. This isn't spamming cause they gave their email to you only cause they are interested. Aweber.com is a great place for email marketing.

Best of luck on the traffic drive
  20. ofnet776

ofnet776 Guest

As I have the other replies, the one thing that is not mentioned that much is MySpace and Facebook. The number of people that are on these sites is just incredible. Many think that these are all kids and they aren't people that would be looking for income opportunities but they are. Between the two sites there are hundreds of millions of subscribers and millions of daily users.

Just think, that most of us need just a few people to respond to make our opportunities profitable. There are all the people that you could ever need on there. All you need to do is create an account, network with the members and offer something of value (not your Opportunity though). Sounds too simple doesn't?? But that is it, it is simple and people are looking for something that they can easily duplicate.