Im looking to join a mlm business

Discussion in 'Network/Multi-level Marketing' started by Franklin, May 7, 2009.

1. Greenvalleyman

Greenvalleyman New Member

Hi Franklin,
    I am new to this forum, came accross your post and is quite impressed. Most of us make the mistake of always trying to push our business ideas first instead of trying to help others solve a problem. It is noted that people will only join you if they can like and trust you.

Once again good post and headline.

Kelvin

2. talfighel

talfighel Silver Member

Franklin,

People are looking for a business because they do want to make money.

You can lead with the products or you can lead with the opportunity to make money.

I still like to lead with the opportunity to make money because I know that the market for people who are looking to make money in order to quit their jobs is very HIGH and I think that it will be that way for a long long time.

TF

3. shaun

shaun New Member

talfighel

Yes..the " i wanna quit my job" niche is enormous. Most people think their jobs suck arse and would prefer to be with their families/kids etc.

Those who have the knowledge to "solve" this "problem" for people and teach them how to have a thriving online based business are cleaning up !

I am contacted all the time by people wanting to know how they can "retire their husband" or "be at home with their kids" or "be free to live anywhere they want". Its always the same scenario. Its not the business that they come searching for though...its the answer to their problem that they are searching for.

So i agree its not the business or Opportunity that you lead with...lead with help and education- solve their "problem".
    In nearly all cases their problem can be summised as "not knowing how to attract traffic and generate leads and make a sale" and how to implement this on the internet. All we realy are talking about are skills to learn like any job or hobby or sport . Once you know how its surprisingly easy.

4. ZriiProsper

ZriiProsper New Member

billiebjosey: te

Very True....Network Marketing has changed...You have to lead with the opportunity instead of the product...People want to see the money!
    Well, if you do that you might be shooting yourself in the foot. If you lead with the opportunity and get people signed up "for the money" then you're going to have to produce some results for them fast or they'll drop out.

Though that might get some people to join your MLM, you might be missing the bigger picture and missing out on the big time wealth and passive income later on. Throwing mud on the wall and seeing what sticks isn't near as effective as precise, methodical hiring of people to join your team.

Think of me what you will, but when I take someone to lunch and look them in the eye and tell them, I will train you how to do this. I will be available for 3 way calls, I will show you how to build a high quality website, I will provide you with reduced cost or free leads - they listen. My people know they will make money if they see the big picture. Giving someone the fantasy that they're going to make a million dollars in a year just by signing up under you isn't realistic.

I can show people how they can easily replicate a system which puts them on a 12-month path for making $30,000 a month on the 12th month, but if they fizzle out or recruit others that fizzle out and quit in month 2 or 4 or even 6 then they're obviously never going to see that kind of money. It just takes a 2-3 of the right prospects each year to build long term residual wealth.

I don't want every tom, dick and harry out there clogging up my system. Yes I'm hiring, but only if people really want to succeed in this business and if they have the stamina to stick it out for a while.

My two cents...

5. shaun

shaun New Member

ZriiProsper: If you lead with the opportunity and get people signed up "for the money" then you're going to have to produce some results for them fast or they'll drop out.
    Now read that again:

If you lead with the opportunity and get people signed up "for the money" then you're going to have to produce some results for them fast or they'll drop out.

And again:

If you lead with the opportunity and get people signed up "for the money" then you're going to have to produce some results for them fast or they'll drop out.

This sentence written by Zriiprosper is probably the most important sentence you'll read regarding .... "people want to see the money "

6. talfighel

talfighel Silver Member

The best way to build your team is to look for people who are sick and tired of being sick and tired of being broke. If you can show them a way, like network marketing, that can help them make money and make an income that can replace their current jobs.

I think that it is totally OK to lead with the opportunity. Nothing wrong with that.

Tal

7. hearthopes

hearthopes New Member

ZriiProsper: If you lead with the opportunity and get people signed up "for the money" then you're going to have to produce some results for them fast or they'll drop out.
    Very true!

8. ShawnCharles

ShawnCharles New Member

Franklin
    Your rock dude! Having your own funded proposal system is definately the key to your success.

Becuase why do most people fail? They run out of leads and money. Well, if you have your own funded proposal you get to have your leads pay for your marketing building your list even bigger not to mention your profits from those who will never join your business. Awesome post!

9. fhtmrep

fhtmrep New Member

A very good way to have a strong and solid team, is to have products and services we have been using forever. "Makes the most sense".

10. ZriiProsper

ZriiProsper New Member

talfighel: I think that it is totally OK to lead with the opportunity. Nothing wrong with that.
    I understand that people have different motivations for joining a company. I'm not saying that the "money-making" aspect isn't important, but if you are completely focus on the pay plan and you can't deliver, you're sunk.

Let's take an opportunity interview I did on Sunday. The guy is an OTR Truck driver soon to be laid off. He has tried many MLMs and failed. He sees the potential, but has never been able to succeed.

If I talked money-money-money and he signs up and makes $100 his first month, but paid $120 for products he's going to feel like he failed.

If he pays $120, takes my Zrii weight loss product and loses 20 lbs and gets a $100 check he's going to feel like a winner.

Do you see how the product makes a difference? How about when he does a meeting with a new prospect and shows them a before and after picture of himself... He's become his own proof and people don't just have to go out on a limb and believe you can help them make money.

No matter how you try to dress it up, this is a sales business. If you have a product people NEED then there is a greater chance of succeeding. With 60% of Americans being overweight, the market for weight loss products that work is huge.

11. fhtmrep

fhtmrep New Member

The products and services is not trying to sell energy drinks, weight loss or anything to that effect. There is no selling. You are representing billion dollar companies that have been around for many years. Everybody pays bills and shops. So why not get paid for the middle man instead of paying somebody else that you dont even know? You are purchasing a dealer code, so that means every purchase that goes through your site either by paying your bills or any other types of purchases, you get the residual income. Makes to much sense to me.

12. Richardshere

Richardshere New Member

fhtmrep
    Hello everyone. There are two ways to build a business. If you are lucky enough to have a stellar product that amazes and out performs anything on the market - then lead with the product. If it changes lives, those are people who will be with the business forever. In the end, if you want to build a business really fast - the only way is to target your market properly. If you are looking for business builders than contact business builders! It really is that easy. Get yourself a network marketing list from a company. These are people who already "get it". They've already joined a company, but the company let them down. I hate to tell you, but that's how the big guys do it. Do you really think when they get a new opportunity that they call their uncle Bob and their next door neighbour? Or do you think they call every network marketer they know? hmmmmm Now you're getting it. If you have both - you might just have a home run! Wishing you all the best!

13. michaelcole

michaelcole New Member

Attention grabbing headline, I like that.

Lead with your product or opportunity, which way is best?

Valid points were made for each point of view.

But think about this, when leading with either your product or opportunity you will generate some interest.

Your prospect will then do some research to decide if it's a real business or a scam.

Once they have determined that it is a real opportunity they will want to know how you can help them to build their business.

Can you? Do you have training in place ready to help your new Member?

If not they may look for a sponsor that can and does.

So leading with your product or the money might get someone in your opportunity, but not necessarily on your team.

Remember the old saying "Put your best foot forward"?

Lead with yourself, demonstrate how you can help them first, before you ask for anything from them.

Then when and if you offer to let them join your business they already know that you can and will help them to build their business, and their dreams.

In short MLM is a people business first, last, and foremost.

Lead with money and you get "opportunity seakers" code for "I just bought a Lotto Ticket, I'm gonna be RICH!"

Lead with the product and they may join with someone else.

Lead with how you can help them and they will follow, until they can lead others after you.

14. fhtmrep

fhtmrep New Member

Michaelcole,
    I like your points. If you were to join the team make sure that your audience is aware of the fact what the outcome of joining your team would be. How easy it is just to pop in a DVD and let the potential customer see the products and services with there own eyes. You can't convince anybody of anything! They will make up there own mind when they see the plan. The best way to get a new potential team member is to show them. I tell new potential team members, its not hard, just introduce yourself and stick in the DVD and it always works. Oh yeah keep your mouth shut too. They will see it or they won't. Its the easiest and most effective MLM I have ever joined. [​IMG]

15. forestmarie

forestmarie New Member

The old "PRODUCT vs OPPORTUNITY" debate ...

At the end of the day, you can lead with either, but DO NOT lead with both (at the same time).

You need to set up multiple sales/advertising funnels targeting all the different needs your business satisfies because that's the only way to see what is really working for YOU [​IMG]

Hope this helps!

And, remember, make EVERY day count.

16. drunyan

drunyan New Member

I have to agree, that while new to this business of internet marketing, you must offer your prospective client something to draw them in. You must earn their trust and form a relationship in order to be able to do business with each person. This can't be done with a quick email or phone call, but a sincere approach to your potentially new client. Everyone wants to feel that they are special and deserving of your time and energy. Some just need more than others.

17. fhtmrep

fhtmrep New Member

Drunyan,
    What you have stated makes so much sense. That's why the industry is changing so fast. It has changed from Multiple level marketing to "relationship marketing". You have to gain a trust in someone, whom you are doing business with.

First you need to understand that when a person joins your team, their is "NO I" in team. Unless they succeed you don't succeed. Second, they need to know what the objective is? In the way of helping others to succeed. I wouldn't waste your time and my time.

18. BruceMiles

BruceMiles New Member

If you want to join to an mlm business then firstly you have to decide "Why do you want to do this?"

19. melanow

melanow New Member

topleadersonly
    That's what my business does. You can save a lot, their procucts are highly concentrated, for instance:

You can do 192 full loads of laundry for $29.99. My wife and do about 20 loads of laundry a month, it lasts us 9-10 months.

You can make money by encouraging others to do the same and earn a commission.

You will also improve their health by removing toxins from their environment.

Have a great day

George

20. drunyan

drunyan New Member

I am learning so much about network marketing. I agree that you need a free or inexpensive product to get your customers to your lead page so that you can build a relationship with your future distruibutors. I have found that in this business, the product alone will not bring in the distributors. They must believe in you as their leader and trust you to show them the way to market your product. Then and only then will you find true success. Just my opinion.