I'm new to all this and very confused!!

Discussion in 'Website Promotion' started by portana, Apr 25, 2010.

1. portana

portana New Member

Hi everyone,

Like most people I am trying to make a living working from home and have literally just started. I have started doing article marketing and have submitted my first article today.

I will be very disappointed if this doesn't work out as at the moment everything seems very confusing and difficult.

I'm willing to try very hard though as I see lots of you are happy with the results.

I hope to meet lots of people here and obviously some good suggestions!!

Thank you for reading.

Anna
  2. carterstory

carterstory New Member

Welcome to the forums.
    If you are doing article marketing here are a few tricks..
    Write (you may not want to submit more than 1 a day) 1-2 articles a day.
    Use different sites. EZine Articles is a great place to start, because they have strict rules and regulations... don't be sad if it gets rejected, It's pretty easy to miss something.
    *if you end up posting the same article to several different sites.. make sure you get approved in EZine articles FIRST then send it off to different places, or you will risk the article being rejected and not being able to post it.

Also: What are you interested in? Network Marketing, Affiliate marketing? Do you plan on branching out from articles at some point? Don't get discouraged either, articles are a free marketing tool and many people do it so, it may take some time for you to start seeing the fruits of your labor.

Poke around the forum and learn a ton....
    -Adam & Nadine
  3. mountainmom5

mountainmom5 Gold Member

Hi Anna,
    I can totally relate to it being all very confusing! It was not that long ago that I was in your shoes.

Just don't get discouraged as it will not happen with one article or even a whole bunch of articles!

A few questions I have for you... do you have a place to submit articles to that will pay you for the article or are you submitting articles that will be linking back to a website you have , like your slendermenow website?

If you have not done so already, you will want to check out the wahm.com/forum as well as there are a bunch of moms on there that write articles for pay.

I personally have not done that. I write a lot of articles but they are for my own websites. I submit them to places like ezinearticles, goarticles, etc, and they direct people back to my own stuff so I get traffic that way, but either way, it takes a LOT of writing...

Not to discourage you - it's just the way it works![​IMG]
  4. portana

portana New Member

Hi Carterstory and Mountainmom5,

Thank you for your helpful replies.

I am only doing article marketing at the moment and it is only for my website. I aim to have more websites in the future and possibly to write several articles a day.

I am using a service to submit my articles. They check the quality of my article and then submit it to several places for me. I have to pay for this but at least I feel more confident that my articles are good and interesting. I just hope it doesn't take a long time to make some money because I can't really afford to pay for these services right now.

Anyway, here I go and write another article and fingers crossed!![​IMG]
  5. ryanbiddulph

ryanbiddulph New Member

Hi Anna,

We've all been there, keep your head up! I remember the feeling.......it's exciting initially then when you begin to work it's overwhelming.

I would focus on writing One article per day. Get comfortable in finding your writing style. Don't make any edits on the first attempt. Just let it flow. Then read the article back to yourself, Out Loud. Hearing it helps ; things will sound right or awkward.

Here's a tip I wish I knew of in the beginning: have a keyword in mind before writing the article. What's your niche or area of expertise? Focus on a set keyword or phrase: "work at home", "home business", etc.....use it in the title and try to mention it 5-7 times in a 400 word article. Spread it out evenly. This takes practice to do it effectively but when you get good at it your articles can show up high in google's search results.

No matter what try not to despair. I had no clue what in the heck I was doing over a year ago and now top google for a few select keywords. Good things come to those who persist.
  6. JHandy

JHandy New Member

Good advice from everyone. Just stay within your bounds. Don't try to do too much initially or you will overwhelm yourself. Understand that setbacks and obstacles are just a part of the process. But in retrospect, what's on the other side of the setbacks is "your" goals and dreams. Go for it!

Jerry
  7. portana

portana New Member

Great words of encouragement, thanks everyone!!!

Lovely, clever people, you all are!! [​IMG]
  8. AndyL

AndyL New Member

Hi Portana,

As already said above make sure you stick at one thing until you start seeing results. Its all too easy to get fed up and start doing something else, like I did and then you end up with no focus on anything.

So stick at it till it works, then rinse and repeat many times over.

Good luck
    Andy
  9. BRobins

BRobins New Member

Hey portana I know exactly how you are feeling. Trying to find the right work from hom opportunity is very daunting I agree. There are so many scams out there aswell which makes things even more difficult to beginners. Best of luck to you.
  10. A8ch

A8ch Gold Member

Hello Anna,

Congratulations on submitting your first article. Even though you are just starting out and things still seem confusing, I applaud your courage to DO something.

That quality, along with your willingness to try your best, will help you cut through the confusion and climb over the learning curve quickly.

There's a lot of excellent information here and you can count on friendly and useful guidance from the members.

I wish you all the very best!

Hermas
  11. portana

portana New Member

Aw, that's really nice!

I'm really happy I came here!!
  12. mountainmom5

mountainmom5 Gold Member

Hey Anna - I have a tip for you...[​IMG]

If you go to your profile thingie on here and follow the directions on how to make your link clickable in your signature, you will get traffic from the forum here..

We are a curious bunch but also a tad lazy when it comes to copying and pasting.[​IMG]
  13. portana

portana New Member

test
  14. portana

portana New Member

I can't do it, cant even upload a photo!!!

I don't think I understand the instructions very well!!
  15. mountainmom5

mountainmom5 Gold Member

hmmm - the one is working - try just having the in front of it instead of the [url= The is always the closing bracket so it should be at the very end of whatever you are trying to make clickable...you'll get it[​IMG]

Just keep playing with it until you understand what works and if you are anything like me, even once you have it halfways figured out, you still can't remember it.[​IMG]

The photo thing is a tougher one - I had to get Vishal to help me - ( he is the forum moderator / owner)
  16. portana

portana New Member

Oh, done it!! Looks better now.

Thanks again!!
  17. mountainmom5

mountainmom5 Gold Member

Way to go Anna! [​IMG]
  18. portana

portana New Member

thanks [​IMG]

Picture is the next step...
  19. treevee

treevee Member

Yes, Anna, you will find people here are very helpful and giving of their time. This is where I came when I was starting out and my first few posts are almost identical to your posts, emotionally!

I just happened upon a site 2 weeks ago that offer free membership for 30 article submissions (If you want more you gotta pay for it!) They teach you how to "spin" one article that you gotta write so that it isn't a duplicate article. This is the site -- Free Traffic Systems. You may want to check it out if you are into article writing and submissions.

Many great wishes your way!
  20. MarketLifelines

MarketLifelines New Member

What everyone has said is true and very important. I do everything that has been said myself.

There are many other ways to get traffic to your website besides article writing. They would certainly be useful in driving trafic to you.

You may want to leverage facebook and twitter to your advantage. They are a great source for building a good marketing list.

Others include link exchange and swaps. These are nothing more than traffic sharing arrangements.

If you have some finance, using paid advertising strategies like PPCs is great. You may also be comfortable outsorcing your marketing functions for as low as $5 an hour.

Article marketing remains the best for organic marketing. Have good content too on your site and post aggressively and intelligently in forums.